+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feeling extremely underwhelming

Default Feeling extremely underwhelming

Hello there,

I'm currently a 42 rogue, I've tried every build I can think of and I just feel extremely underwhelmed, warriors tear me apart out of no where Clerics kind of laugh at me, I can kill mages as long as they aren't Warlocks.

PvE I feel fine running a Sabodancer (though tbh I'd love to see a deeper Sabo build be viable.) Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to make playing my rogue more enjoyable, I took a break before 1.4 came out and PvP was fun now it's not that enjoyable.

My current Builds.
    Cookie Cutter Sabodancer (Up to level 42)
    42 assassin/13/ Night Blade/1 Balde dancer
    42 Nightblade/ 14 assassin (I tried 14 Riftstalker and it was more survivable but the damage sucked.)

any suggestions? I really feel like I'm being pressured into playing a warrior by the game and I don't want to and it's making me bitter towards Warriors, to the point I almost resent people for playing one.
    Last edited by Siryn; 08-19-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Learn to pick your fights and by pick your fight I mean jumping into fights already occuring in the hopes your gangland style ambush is successful.

Rogues are in a very weird state right now. They don't excel at anything, have low survivability, but can catch people off guard resulting in the fight tide changing in your allies favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn View Post
    Hello there,

I'm currently a 42 rogue, I've tried every build I can think of and I just feel extremely underwhelmed, warriors tear me apart out of no where Clerics kind of laugh at me, I can kill mages as long as they aren't Warlocks.

PvE I feel fine running a Sabodancer (though tbh I'd love to see a deeper Sabo build be viable.) Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to make playing my rogue more enjoyable, I took a break before 1.4 came out and PvP was fun now it's not that enjoyable.

My current Builds.
    Cookie Cutter Sabodancer (Up to level 42)
    42 assassin/13/ Night Blade/1 Balde dancer
    42 Nightblade/ 14 assassin (I tried 14 Riftstalker and it was more survivable but the damage sucked.)

any suggestions? I really feel like I'm being pressured into playing a warrior by the game and I don't want to and it's making me bitter towards Warriors, to the point I almost resent people for playing one.
    Frustrating, gear dependent and it feels like we scale so poorly...however, there is a balance in our souls here and there.

You pretty much can survive by picking your fights...or having much better gear- it's pretty much rinse and repeat as far as builds go. The guys here have listed the viable specs...

+ Reply to Thread