+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bow or Guns?

Telaran

Default Bow or Guns?

I started lvling MM 2 weeks ago. It is now lvl 35. I have been using Bows and was loving it. Had such a tough time finding bows with good dps stats that I decided to settle with a gun. The gun has better stats (bow 16.5 and gun 19.2). But somehow the gun feels like it is slower or lagging.

Is Bow better for Marksman?
    Last edited by Mooonfly; 08-19-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Plane Walker

PvE it shouldn't matter which one you use. Base it on stats and DPS.

For PvP, a gun is better because the shots are invisible and the shot's trail can't be seen. For Bows, every time you fire off a shot, it leaves an air trail making the shooter easier to spot/find.
    Last edited by Neykho; 08-19-2011 at 11:01 AM.

If anything the gun should feel faster. The bow projectile has to travel to the target before damage is dealt. Gun damage is instant.
    Swirl @ Shatterbone <Fracture> http://fracture-rift.guildlaunch.com/
    HK: 10/11 | R7
    "Three be the things I shall never attain: envy, content, and sufficient champagne"

Quote Originally Posted by Swirl View Post
    If anything the gun should feel faster. The bow projectile has to travel to the target before damage is dealt. Gun damage is instant.
    Yeah but the bow feels alot smoother to say the least.

I cant stand Guns in this game.... it does feel laggy as the gun shot sounds seem to be delayed. it throws off my rotation and i can use them.

There are bows that drop of 2nd boss in both 10mans, they are easy and pugable...
    Last edited by Blays; 08-19-2011 at 11:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

I much prefer bow for both PVP and PVE. I could care less if someone see's me shooting them. If anything I want them to see who killed them. Chances are if I get a jump on someone as Marksman...They're dead before they even get close to me. And if they get the jump on me...Why would it matter that they can see my arrow lol.

Guns feel sluggish and yeah laggy. Bow feels smooth as butter.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote Originally Posted by Sozu View Post
    I much prefer bow for both PVP and PVE. I could care less if someone see's me shooting them. If anything I want them to see who killed them. Chances are if I get a jump on someone as Marksman...They're dead before they even get close to me. And if they get the jump on me...Why would it matter that they can see my arrow lol.

Guns feel sluggish and yeah laggy. Bow feels smooth as butter.
    I agree with this, but all HK is going to drop is guns

I hope they can implement something where we don't have to hear the gun sound, its really annoying.
    <Retired>

Plane Walker

I love the gun.
    Boom, Boom, Boom.
    THIS IS MY BOOM STICK!

No really stop laughing.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Default 1000 yard shot

Yeah the gun is much better for PvP. you will get much better range with a gun then a bow, be able to make much faster fallow up shots and a lot more stoping power.. I mean if you are close to the target (at least within 50m you can take your target down with a bow but making a fallow up shot is going to be harder, with a gun you can take your target down 800+ meters depending on what gun you are using and just move on to the next target. I have used both and when I really want to have fun I use a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Onem3o View Post
    Yeah the gun is much better for PvP. you will get much better range with a gun then a bow, be able to make much faster fallow up shots and a lot more stoping power.. I mean if you are close to the target (at least within 50m you can take your target down with a bow but making a fallow up shot is going to be harder, with a gun you can take your target down 800+ meters depending on what gun you are using and just move on to the next target. I have used both and when I really want to have fun I use a gun.
    Better range with a gun? That's new to me.

What crack have you been smoking?

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote Originally Posted by Wytchblades View Post
    I love the gun.
    Boom, Boom, Boom.
    THIS IS MY BOOM STICK!

No really stop laughing.
    S-Mart's top'o'the line? (You'll find this in the sporting good department)

<3 that movie.

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

I prefer bow since I want peeps to see who is killing them. Plus I like the graphics on the bows better (Especially the Criterion one).

Quote Originally Posted by Onem3o View Post
    800 + meters?

Huh? Am I missing something here?
    <Retired>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Neykho View Post
    PvE it shouldn't matter which one you use. Base it on stats and DPS.

For PvP, a gun is better because the shots are invisible and the shot's trail can't be seen. For Bows, every time you fire off a shot, it leaves an air trail making the shooter easier to spot/find.
    Very good point. Thank you. I've thought about that before, but wasn't sure if it was really a legit reasoning. I'm glad someone else has thought about it too.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Swirl View Post
    Maybe it's because I'm not used to it yet. I'm still using it as we speak.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast