+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for good Assassin PVP build..

Soulwalker

Default Looking for good Assassin PVP build..

Hey,

I am looking for a pvp spec for my wife, who is a rogue. As a warrior I feel the assassin's do the best against me and some of the other classes, especially with slip away.. it is like a pvp mulligan... I love it. Since she is still low in rank/valor gear I feel this would probably be the best type of build for her since she can escape danger when required. She will probably need riftstalker mixed in for extra survivability, so a full 51 assassin probably would not work that well.

What spec should I have her use.. I looked few the first few pages of this forum and didn't see anything that stood out as a viable build.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Valqueth View Post
    Hey,

I am looking for a pvp spec for my wife, who is a rogue. As a warrior I feel the assassin's do the best against me and some of the other classes, especially with slip away.. it is like a pvp mulligan... I love it. Since she is still low in rank/valor gear I feel this would probably be the best type of build for her since she can escape danger when required. She will probably need riftstalker mixed in for extra survivability, so a full 51 assassin probably would not work that well.

What spec should I have her use.. I looked few the first few pages of this forum and didn't see anything that stood out as a viable build.
    51 assassin / 15 infiltrator / 0 ranger
    That's a standard pvp sin build. Good luck.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Shadowlander

My most enjoyable build is 34/32/0 sin/rs/sab. Yeah i know break free is potentially more usefull, but tbh the times when i could have used it I was generally surrounded by other players anyway. The gtaoe snare, and ranged pew pew from the charges are very handy.

Many turn their nose up at this spec because it doesn't quite have the punch of sin/inf. Depends on how you want to play tbh. This spec lends more to hit and run, and more mobility so stone running is a possibility. 32 rs gives some nice defensive cd's, anti snare as well as rift prison to accompany blind. Both of which are invaluable when in the back lines of the enemy casters. Distracting their attention can be as good as killing them if it prevents them nuking your team into oblivion.

51 sin is great for gank and hide, but a set up similar to above gives you more options than going splat as soon as you pop out of stealth

The main benefit of rift is multiple specs, and once you buy a skill it stays with you. Try out 51 sin, 34/32/0 (sin/rs or even sin/nb), bard/rs is also pretty fun at times.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeV View Post
    51 assassin / 15 infiltrator / 0 ranger
    That's a standard pvp sin build. Good luck.
    This......

You're gonna struggle with good R6 and above Mages/Clerics and in some cases just waste your time entirely. Timing your abilities and sometimes having to Slip Away and reopen will allow you **** most 1 v 1 fights. If you're not high enough rank to go 15 Inf yet then do 51 Sin/15 NB/0 Inf until you can.

44 NB/22 RS is fun too. Good luck!
    Last edited by Waldoh; 08-19-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Waldoh View Post
    This......

You're gonna struggle with good R6 and above Mages/Clerics and in some cases just waste your time entirely. Timing your abilities and sometimes having to Slip Away and reopen will allow you **** most 1 v 1 fights. If you're not high enough rank to go 15 Inf yet then do 51 Sin/15 NB/0 Inf until you can.

44 NB/22 RS is fun too. Good luck!
    i would say 51asn/15bd is better than 15nb
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    i would say 51asn/15bd is better than 15nb
    NB gives you ranged anytime abilities with snare and a ranged finisher for those who try and kite you. It largely depends on playstyle but I performed better with NB until I could get 15 Inf and 0 Rng.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Waldoh View Post
    NB gives you ranged anytime abilities with snare and a ranged finisher for those who try and kite you. It largely depends on playstyle but I performed better with NB until I could get 15 Inf and 0 Rng.
    51asn/15bd gives you much much needed burst (you are undergeared and underranked, thats why no 15inf!) and you pair with marksman instead of ranger because you need to only use deadly strike as the finisher and the combo point builder from marksman gives a run speed boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

+ Reply to Thread