+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What rogues are good for in raids:

Default What rogues are good for in raids:

Ok guys, lets face it.. rogues suck right now compared to warrgods

only thing were good for in sicaron is incriminating tankgods so that dps warrgods can deal more damage freely without stealing aggro

afk rolling a cleric to heal warrgods
    FatCat

I personally don't think others could make it through a dungeon without hearing the lovely sound of my bard's horn tooting every 30 seconds or so.

Yup, i made a post about this the other day. Ideal raid composition is 1 bard, an archon, 4 healers, and 14 warriors. Any other setup and you are not min/maxing.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

They're really good at qqing.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    They're really good at qqing.
    ^ this lol
    US Dayblind Guardian <Ground Zero>

Me want to be able to kill a warrior 1v1 =/

Not only they do top DPS they also steal our gear. ****en wargod rolled need for my armor upgrade.

Wait .... what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Trion sucks! I have been complaining about <class> for <number of weeks since last patch> weeks and they just ignore how OP <ability> is. People just say <cc> the <class> and L2P but it's not that easy!!!! I swear, does anyone who works for Trion actually play this game? The devs need to wake up or this game will be dead in <number of months Rift has been live +1> months. I'm cancelling my subscription until they meet my demands. <insert game 1> and <insert game 2> are coming out soon and they're going to kick this dead game in the *** if Trion doesn't make changes! I am so going to leave for those games!

Telaran

You guys must really suck, if i get beat by warriors it is cause they either out gear me, our i miss my rotation. Please to stop the rogues suck posts, its getting old, if you dont get it then reroll, or go research your class.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fareline View Post
    Ok guys, lets face it.. I suck right now compared to warrgods
    Q_Q I fixed it for you

Our top sab @2k dps

Our top war @2.15k dps

Maybe we're atypical or something, but that doesn't strike me as a large enough disparity to complain about. They have similar levels of gear.

I hold my own as a sabdancer, I'm typically one of the top 5. Our Mage is currently #1... We don't suck we just don't get very much variety but the same can be said for the other callings as well. It's all about maximizing what your given. I'd just like to see some more balance among the souls. Before the Whetstone/Sargent's order debuff I was #1 Think it effected rogues more because our auto-attacks hit more often.
    Last edited by Zenora; 08-19-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitto View Post
    Q_Q I fixed it for you
    ok mr pro rogue, show me a parse of you doing 3k dps
    FatCat

Plane Walker

As someone who has both at 50, I can make some simple comments here.

1.) Rogues have a much higher skill requirement, ergo they tend to have better players.

I raid on my warrior, mostly because our guild has like 4 active warriors -- downed LGS last week, etc. -- and I'm usually top on the parse, using two tank weapons (all that dropped) between 1300-1500 dps. Second on the parse is usually one of our sab dancers and he's usually within 30-40 dps of me, the rest of the top 5 is usually our rogues and MAYBE one of hte other warriors.

Problem? My spec literally requires two buttons. AP builder macro and an SLI/FB macro. rest of it is like playing on autopilot, I'll freely admit i've died running into idiot pools more than once because I was only half paying attention spamming buttons.

So, despite the fact that most of my gear is t2 dropped, and I only use two buttons to top the dps meter.. All the other warriors are still at 800-1k dps. Why? no motivation to do any research to improve themselves, they just 'don't have the rotation down' like I do.

Meanwhile our rogues who have ACTUAL rotations are inclined to parse and practice because if they don't get their -much more complicated- rotation down, they lose a TON of dps.

TLDR: Trion is far from done with balancing, and once they actually get everyone to a similar plateau? Rogues will come out on top, if only because they've been forced to learn how to actually play, rather than spam two buttons and run in circles. (PArtially why I vastly prefer playing my rogue, I have to pay attention to what i'm doing >_>)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubin View Post
    As someone who has both at 50, I can make some simple comments here.

1.) Rogues have a much higher skill requirement, ergo they tend to have better players.

Problem? My spec literally requires two buttons. AP builder macro and an SLI/FB macro. rest of it is like playing on autopilot, I'll freely admit i've died running into idiot pools more than once because I was only half paying attention spamming buttons.

(PArtially why I vastly prefer playing my rogue, I have to pay attention to what i'm doing >_>)
    As as warrior (about to start rogue alt which is why i'm in the rogue forums), this made my LOL. The combination of "high skill requirement", then your description of how you're playing warrior wrong made me laugh.

Cookie cutter warrior dps has 4-5 buttons if done properly. Thanks to RNG of weapon master, there is no set rotation. If you didn't get 4 follow up attacks in your SLI rotation, you've done it wrong. This is impossible to do with 2 buttons. It's instantaneous decision making vs following a fixed (albiet more complicated) pattern. I practice my rotations constantly to try and maximize my dps.

That said, rogue ST dps could take a bit of a boost. But don't pretend like you don't have some pretty solid AOE dps though with Shrapnel charge, and a decent ability to maintain dps in disconnect fights. I'm also jelaous of incrim, as I have no way to manage aggro without calling for a memory wipe.

Umm...so what are your warrgods doing on Matron?

I think when I was dps'ing on our Matron kill shot I was around 2400 + dps. I'm sure our highest warrior was significantly lower than me.

Now we move to Sicaron and you guys think we are horrible? C'mon...
    <Retired>

I can handle being behind clerics for aoe and behind warriors for single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast