+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: LFG-DPS, Warrior prefered

Default LFG-DPS, Warrior prefered

Title says it all. Anyone else finding that dps warriors are getting more dungeon slots than rogues? Every warrior I see these days has rogue armour, rogue weapons and well, may as well be classed Rogue instead of warrior.

Yes I know they are 'allowed' to use these items, and I understand their plight pertaining to Strength not working as intended, but at what point does one think, exactly where do we rogues fit in the dps department these days. In general their parses are higher than most rogues.

Correct me if I am wrong. Criticise, debate. open and tolerant discussion welcome.
    "Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Ghandi

stop being bad or get friends. there is zero reason to be excluded in favor of a warrior.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

I do not recall saying I was bad, nor did I mention I had no friends, a guild or any other reference to such things? I did state that open and tolerant discussion was welcome though, you must have missed that part of the post.
    "Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Ghandi

Because warriors do highest DPS to single target, higher to multiple target after mages.
    In GSB, we checked DPS meter again, (to I. Johlen)
    1. A DPS Warrior = About 1300 DPS (T3 Polearn)
    2. A DPS Warrior = About 1200 DPS (T3 Polearm)
    3. A DPS Mage = About 1200 DPS
    4. A DPS Mage = About 1000 DPS
    5. Me = About 900 DPS (I have Blade of Greater Purpose and Majolic's, armors are about T2.7 = More T3, build is 32BD, 18SIN, 16NB)
    This results echo the difference power between rogue and warriors.

I took 3000 dmg (not critical) from a mage skill named Lightning Burst (I'm not sure) with wearing T3-T4 valor set. My highest dmg with Blazing Strike is 1800 (critical). I'm asking WTF is that?

Mages have distance advantage, melee rogues have **** except assassin. (Slip Away should be nerfed)

Ascendant

Sadly at present the only reason you would CHOSE a rogue is for bard.

If you want a tank -> warrior
    If you want DPS -> warrior
    If you want heals -> war.... er Cleric.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

5 mans are the one place in this game i can think of that i have never, and i expect will never be out DPSed by a warrior. Anybody saying "warrior preferred" for their 5 man DPS is probably doing so because they want a specific spread of callings for loot reasons. Rogues are in absolutely no danger with regard to 5 mans. In just T2 gear you can break 4k DPS on large AoE pulls and should literally never see any parse below 1k dps with the exception of boss fights, and then only because a lot of them require movement, target switching, or other mechanics that involve a DPS pause of some kind.

Warriors are notorious for Path-of-the-Hurricane-ing nearby packs of mobs, pulling WAY too much agro, and generally being obnoxious newbies who whine constantly about gear. Raids/Warfronts are the place to worry about warriors. We are very safely ahead of them in usefulness with regard to 5 mans.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    5 mans are the one place in this game i can think of that i have never, and i expect will never be out DPSed by a warrior. Anybody saying "warrior preferred" for their 5 man DPS is probably doing so because they want a specific spread of callings for loot reasons. Rogues are in absolutely no danger with regard to 5 mans. In just T2 gear you can break 4k DPS on large AoE pulls and should literally never see any parse below 1k dps with the exception of boss fights, and then only because a lot of them require movement, target switching, or other mechanics that involve a DPS pause of some kind.

Warriors are notorious for Path-of-the-Hurricane-ing nearby packs of mobs, pulling WAY too much agro, and generally being obnoxious newbies who whine constantly about gear. Raids/Warfronts are the place to worry about warriors. We are very safely ahead of them in usefulness with regard to 5 mans.
    You need to get some better warriors.

4k DPS on AoE packs in T2 gear? Yeah... no. Spike that high on the pull? Sure if you pre-load shrapnel. Finish a fight that high in T2 gear? Not a chance.

I can see 1,000 DPS in T2 gear on a single-target tank+spank fight. I lag a bit, but I usually sit at about 850 on the dummy in my T2/R2 DPS gear.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

A number of us have been saying this for a few days now. It's not about skill, it's not about learning to play, it's the fact that as good as you are as a Rogue, you'll be better as a Warrior. And if not better, then likely very close because of the ease at which they spam their DPS (not that I want Rogues to be easy, I'd have stick with a Warrior if I'd wanted easy, but right now we are starting to get passed over for Warriors, outside of Bards).

At the moment, it seems our role is that of PVE and PVP support.

Soulwalker

i just don't understand all these posts about how badly warriors are out dps'n rogues. my guild is currently in HK and the rogues and warriors compete for top dps every single fight. we're pretty even. as rogue i've been parsing 1450-1550 on murdantix, and warriors and other rogues are right there with me. just be patient, get some gear, and learn your spec in and out

Rift Chaser

All I know Is I have given up on my rogue my Cleric is superior to my rogue in pve play and when i do pvp my cleric was more viable even with non pvp builds

I started a warrior gotten to 17 already and he is way easier to level than my Rogue self heals tend to help. yea yea we have bard for healing but the dps sucks so bad whats the point when leveling. I can go warrior heal with out killing my damage.

Now i do not get the same ranged option as a warrior but as a rogue MM blows in pve and I have tried several ranger builds it is a better solo option but I hate the pet so freakin much. I just gave up on him he is retired for now

Soulwalker

Rogues are okay, i generally come in 2nd dps in my guild, behind a warrior. usually I'm between 1400-1900. If that isnt good enough dps then i suppose everyone should just roll a warrior and submit to the trion bumrape

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    If you want heals -> war.... er Cleric.
    Wait untill 1.5 update...

Plane Touched

Warriors in my guild have started rolling on rogue/dex daggers against rogues so that htye can switch between their barious FOTM DPS faceroll builds. It's not enough that they have a 2-hand DPS burst build, then they wanted a sword-and-shield high dps burst build, and then a dual weild high dps burst build.

They just enjoy having the flexibility of switching between them. While us rogues are stuck with a low static DPS build.

Sad. No point in being a rogue anymore.

It's bad enough you're pretty much forced to play crappy, very unroguelike sabodancer just to compete.
    I refuse to play it at this point.
    Ranger is ok but no one likes pet management.
    Here that Trion? PETS ARE NOT FUN.
    Literally no one is like "Oh man I love playing ranger/druid/stormcaller/etc cause I LOVE MY PET SO MUCH."
    Seriously, Pet builds are a nightmare. If top dps builds didn't force you to use them, no one would.
    At least let us tame pets and customize them...

Better yet:
    Please give us a competitive melee build ala wow combat or assassin rogues.

can you tell I'm frustrated with my rogue?...
    Last edited by despite; 08-18-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Telaran

So much non sense it's depressing.

Unless you're doing a fight with lot of target switching and jousting, which warrior dps can deal better with than us, since they build their CP on themselves, there is absolutly no reason not to be competitive with their dps.
    Be it on single target or aoe fights, trash or boss Rogue is right up there in terms of dps, as long as you accept to play sabodancer spec. Of course you can F... up rotation or not detonate when needed and not be best on some trashs, but honestly who cares...

On single target Hoko's spec is even better IMO, similar dps and less possibilities of screwing up rotation and more mobility.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast