+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: LFG-DPS, Warrior prefered

Quote Originally Posted by Ralithi View Post
    i just don't understand all these posts about how badly warriors are out dps'n rogues. my guild is currently in HK and the rogues and warriors compete for top dps every single fight. we're pretty even. as rogue i've been parsing 1450-1550 on murdantix, and warriors and other rogues are right there with me. just be patient, get some gear, and learn your spec in and out
    i see stuff like this thrown around a lot. basically bad warriors compete with good rogues

good warriors kill us. my 2450 sicaron parse was beat by a 3200dps warrior. yes i seen 2500+ rogue parses on this fight, but no rogue has broken 3k yet.

and tho i may be a good player, i have a long ways to go with 1.4 in regards to dps gear. i need the dps trinket as well as pvp gear and synergy crystal but since i have 0 pvp rank it will never happen... my fault for having a rogue for 100% pve reasons and not pvp'ing when i had a chance (queues are ridiculous on my battlegroup).
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmaster35 View Post
    Mages are the preferred healers in almost all circumstances
    This was funny. Thanks for posting.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    This was funny. Thanks for posting.
    When is a cleric preferred over a mage? level 1-49 or when you already have a 2 mages healing?

I think so many guilds are working on Sicaron at the moment, and it's a dps check so there's pressure to up people dps and the encounter heavily favors warriors. It's making people not see the big picture...

My guild is the only top 10 guild that posts their logs on riftraids, so use us as a benchmark:

http://www.raidrifts.com/browse/guild/152/

Murdanex - wars and rogues even
    Matron - Rogues > Wars
    Zilas - Rogues > Wars
    Sicaron - Wars >> Rogues

It's not that bad, but the discussion does bring some issues to light. In our guild, I believe all our rogues have relics and a couple have HK weapons. None of our warriors do. Once they get a relic or HK weapon, they will be a lot higher dps then rogues.

If anything, one thing I'd like changed about rogues is both assassin and nightblade. Both trees are too low dps (if you go high in the tree for assassin) for pvp balance reasons. I can see the rationale up to a point.. slip away plus too high dps and people will complain about getting stunlocked until killed. HOWEVER, it's creating issues for pve. We really only have 3 pve dps trees - saboteur, ranger and bladedancer. Every other dps soul is riddled with dps losses going higher then 18-20 points in the tree... or for some like nightblade 11 or 0.

Some like nightblade are just bad in every respect. Nightblade especially is what holds rogues back imo - improve some abilities in nightblade and there'll be more variety. What's with heat retention never giving the bonus on the tooltip, is this a bug? Plus no... the recent bonus to nightblade to make the finisher come close to deadly strike didn't come close. Any heavy highblade spec is still in the hundreds of dps below current top builds.

Higher assassin dps would be good too. Improve the assassin synergy crystal if pvp is a problem. Improving all dots with 4 crystal (not just assassin dots) or making the 2 point ability better then just expose weakness would help a lot.
    Last edited by Mayi; 08-20-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmaster35 View Post
    When is a cleric preferred over a mage? level 1-49 or when you already have a 2 mages healing?
    lmao no just no

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    i see stuff like this thrown around a lot. basically bad warriors compete with good rogues
    ^ This is probably truer than i would like to give it credit for. I am usually top DPS right now on any single target encounter (not progressed to Sicaron yet) but i have the trash drop tanking sword from HK (44.5 DPS you don't pass up, damn the stats) with my relic in my offhand. I am usually followed closely by both the other high DPS rogue (who has a relic and BiS everything else) and a warrior in full T3, BiS literally everything, and Scourge (no relic).

I out gear our top DPS warrior by literally two full Tiers with regard to weaponry, and he is routinely only about 100-150 DPS behind me throughout a fight. I don't feel like warriors are as big of an issue as other people seem to, but it is probably more a gear gap (none of our warriors have relics, and all of our rogues do) than anything else keeping our rogues competitive.

Oh and btw i MUCH prefer a mage healer to a cleric healer in a 5 man. Living Energy is all i need to know. I'll just kill it all before the tank dies...
    Last edited by Gyle; 08-21-2011 at 04:46 AM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post

good warriors kill us.
    This is pretty much the case for PVE and PVP, for everything we can do in PVE and PVP a Warrior will be able to do it for a lot less effort.

I'm fine with Rogues, but our very best damage output just simply doesn't way up with how long we live for, next to the large amount of damage Warriors output. In PVP at least.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3