+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Dire Blade vs The Equalizer

Default The Dire Blade vs The Equalizer

Which is the more beneficial reward from the endless saga if I know that I'm so far behind in DKP that the legendary is a looooong ways away?

Using a 33 dps MH and a 29 DPS OH with Thunderbolt Recurve Bow as my ranged wep.

Using Sabdancer so ranged DPS on the bow isn't an issue.

Thanks in advance guys.
    It is not enough that I should succeed - others should fail.

Plane Walker

You just answered your own question.

Go with the Dire Blade because the biggest dps increase you'll see is from the melee weapon. You're a melee dps and you are using 33 and 29 dps weapons, Dire blade has 34 dps.
    Last edited by Neykho; 08-18-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Agreed, plus the blade looks cool
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

the bow from herald has pretty comparable stats to equializer but nothing untill HK has anything close to the stats of the dire blade

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Alright thanks guys, I was hearing some conflicting information on which would be better from people on my server so thought I'd ask here after a search didn't bring up anything.

Going to go ahead and get TDB when the time comes around
    It is not enough that I should succeed - others should fail.

I personally think the Equalizer is a much better pick if you already have a 33 dps MH. The advantage of the endless weapons is that they have their endurance stat dumped into dps stats, making them BiS statsticks. Otherwise they aren't that impressive.

If you mainly run a melee spec, then your ranged weapon is your statstick. Therefore you should get the Equalizer.
    Swirl @ Shatterbone <Fracture> http://fracture-rift.guildlaunch.com/
    HK: 10/11 | R7
    "Three be the things I shall never attain: envy, content, and sufficient champagne"

Quote Originally Posted by Swirl View Post
    I personally think the Equalizer is a much better pick if you already have a 33 dps MH. The advantage of the endless weapons is that they have their endurance stat dumped into dps stats, making them BiS statsticks. Otherwise they aren't that impressive.

If you mainly run a melee spec, then your ranged weapon is your statstick. Therefore you should get the Equalizer.
    Bows are a dime a dozen for raiders. Rogues should have no issues nabbing a raid bow. With that said, it does boil down to what you have in your MH/OH. This game is heavy stat driven and getting the most out of your stats is the key.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    but nothing untill HK has anything close to the stats of the dire blade
    Except Jorb's hacking steel.
    Last edited by Meladath; 08-18-2011 at 03:54 PM.

As others have said take the dire blade, theres a lot of competition for melee weapons, as paragon warriors want them as well as other rogues, but bows are pretty common, gilded greatbow from gp is my ranged slot & its pretty nice, & warriors arent too bothered about bows/guns except for stats afaik.

I'm using dire blade in offhand, with my new sword from Murdantix & cant see me replacing it for a long time, but theres a trash drop gun in HK I'm pretty interested in, so I guess the equalizer would likely get replaced far sooner than Dire Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    Bows are a dime a dozen for raiders. Rogues should have no issues nabbing a raid bow. With that said, it does boil down to what you have in your MH/OH. This game is heavy stat driven and getting the most out of your stats is the key.
    Nothing else in T1 raids even comes close to comparing to the Equalizer. I have the Verdant Archbow and I still use the Equalizer in T1 melee encounters.
    Swirl @ Shatterbone <Fracture> http://fracture-rift.guildlaunch.com/
    HK: 10/11 | R7
    "Three be the things I shall never attain: envy, content, and sufficient champagne"

+ Reply to Thread