+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: R6+ only please

Plane Touched

Default R6+ only please

How are you soloing R6+ mages and clerics?

How do you fare in open world pvp R6+ as DPS? Should we all have to run Ranged Heal Debuffs for support?

How do you burst down other callings with high HP pools and heals? Are we support?

I ask genuinely.

/signed

R6 Rogue.
    Last edited by kdps; 08-18-2011 at 07:25 AM.

If it has the R6 cleric helm, you probably won't fair very well no matter what spec it's in.
    If it has the R6 warrior helm, and it doesn't have a shield, you might be able to keep it at bay long enough to kill it. Might.
    Any mage is relatively easy to kill, unless it's a 51 lock, or chloro/lock.
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

anytime im solo, its usually assassin, unless I'm running a shard for a pvp rift then im nightblade.

I do alright as long as they are undergeared (typically 4900 hp ballpark)

last night with my nightblade i did manage to kill a geared mage, then a geared assassin that jumped me after that mage was dead, then the mage again as it respawned with no buffs and tried to finish me off. this was of course using all my defensive and offensive cooldowns, hot pot, exquisite whetstone, performance insoles and the blood thirsty going crazy (no vial for this fight)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Plane Touched

Of course this will change with each person depending on their spec but this is how 51 sin 15 inf 0 ranger works for me in those situations.

R6 mages are actually a joke to fight with this spec. The immunity from magic dmg you get from clense is kinda op against them. really cant think of a mage that ive struggled with.

clerics often take a second rotation if they're geared. ( geared being 1100+ valor )
    This spec has anethema in it so i'll ultimately bring them down. This can pose a problem if hes being spam healed though because you're left out in the open for a while.

High hp usually isnt a problem considering how much burst dmg the spec gives. if theyre being healed then you have to target swap. a cleric being raid healed will live regardless of how good you are. Target swap and destroy.

Hope this helps.

Plane Touched

Yes I find I can outburst a Dom before he can me.

It's Chloro anything (which is most used spec in open world pvp) that bothers me.

BD for Weapon Barrage but your sidesteps won't dodge his spells. Dark Containment to interrupt but wow what a cool down and all the other NB cooldowns.

MM for deaden but your improved hit and run will be healed through no worries.

So we gotta run Ranged Debuff to be effective? I wanna faceroll too!

Plane Touched

Thanks for your posts,

I'll keep working on it then.

Ascendant

yea, 1v1 is more about skill than any other part of the pvp. there are still paper-rock-scissors fights though (and some classes are able to use nuke)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Prophet of Telara

Clerics are untouchable. Very occasionally I'll kill one, but the amount of time that it takes is so absolutely ridiculous that I would have been better off trying to escape and doing something else. Most of the time you beat on them for a while and their team comes zergging in before you drop them.

Mages are possible, but again take much longer than they should. Most R6+ Mages seem to be rocking 7k+ HP now. They do decent damage on you and heal themselves while doing it. SA is pretty much required because they are going to do the thing that gives a ton more HP or summons the shades to help them. You have to SA and wait out the timers if you are Assassin. Then you pop on them again and start dropping Cleanse Soul and stuff as needed, try to stun right when they are lowering on HP and hopefully finish them. All in all, it takes longer than it should to kill a dress-wearing sissy and they will probably get help before they die.

Warrior depends on the build. The dual wielders and 2-handers are possible. Some are beast, but most are bad regardless of rank. The tanks that you see running around now with just as much DPS as the other two are nigh impossible. Blocks trigger their heal proc and undoes what damage you spent forever doing - on top of having like 11k HP.

Easiest targets? Other rogues...

At this point in the game, every other class is going for "survivability" builds. The problem is that they don't have the trade-off Rogues do, which severely gimps their damage for being "survivable". They go into these builds with insane survivability and still heal like mad and dps pretty well. Rogues go into Guardian Phase and their damage sucks, pretty much allowing them to bard or run stones if they want to survive. Until the other classes have to sacrifice something significant to be "survivable", things are going to be rough against equally geared opponents.

Shadowlander

Default c

as 51 sin 15 inf

Jagged Strike->Puncture->Impale->Anathema->Backstab & Serpant Strike->Savage Strikex3->Final Blow (Try to move behind them for that extra 15%)

At this point, depending on theirs (and your) hp, you may consider vanishing, as your 15% dmg/dampen is about to expire

There are plenty of specs that boast a lot higher bleed damage but without a healing debuff, they can easily be useless, this is the only spec i find viable to kill anything with

You may add a Foul Play somewhere along but more than likely they'll already be under the effect of DR or have Break Free rdy to use

Should for any reason your first attacks not land and the target puts distance between them and yourself, Blind immediately and restealth

Cleans Soul should be popped when you see a heavy cast coming, like Soul Drain or stormcaller/cabby setup
    Also works on Saboteur Charges (lol)

EDIT: Avoid warriors in general
    Last edited by WARRIOR SMASH; 08-18-2011 at 07:51 AM.

Plane Touched

Great thanks for the tips people! Very encouraging
    Last edited by kdps; 08-18-2011 at 07:57 AM.

90K kills in, I still havent found a build that can beat a good cleric 1v1 with full gear and a proper spec (one that uses their pvp tree). Lower than rank 6 full gear, or those with pve specs, I have little trouble with using MM purge spec to clear away damage reduction cooldowns. and following up with imp hit and run.
    Mages on the other hand are very killable. Anything that isnt chlorolock gets burned down before it can retaliate, and chlorolock gets purged, then burst down.

Melee specs vs mages and clerics is something I just don't do anymore. If I find one alone and I'm melee, I'll drop a sap and swap specs right beside them, so they either burn their break free or they let me swap.
    Take-away message is that good clerics dont die to good rogues 1v1 when specced into pvp survival. /assist highest rank warrior in your team.

At r8 with everyone having 7k HP it's looking like rogue is being relegated to support, as mentioned above we have to give up so much to get survivability while it feels other classes are having it handed to them in specs that bring real pvp viability with it. Maybe this would be different if our heal debuff from nightblade with a lot lower in the tree, couldnt be cleansed, and couldnt be purged from us, and wasn't RNG based.

Of course, I'm expecting this thread to soon be filled with tall tales of rogues tossing clerics into the trash with ease, downing healers like it was nothing, but ignore it, it just doesn't happen when you're against a high rank, hlgh skill player. Hoping 1.5 brings our builder damage up, it's far too low right now.

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by kdps View Post
    How are you soloing R6+ mages and clerics?

How do you fare in open world pvp R6+ as DPS? Should we all have to run Ranged Heal Debuffs for support?

How do you burst down other callings with high HP pools and heals? Are we support?

I ask genuinely.

/signed

R6 Rogue.
    As a Rogue going against a R6+ Mage or Cleric (Mage being a healer mage, naturally), you don't have a chance. Not solo.

Healing mages can get health pools of up to 9k self-buffed. Last night, as an example, a 8.5k Mage got over 450k damage in Black Garden along with 145k healing done. A single Rogue can't compete with that.

As for a Cleric, you can pressure them, but it's still not killable 1v1 unless you get an insanely lucky string of crits. But with healing debuffs, it's enough to peel them off group heals.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

R7 Cleric and Mage, geared up are almost next to impossible right now. A few want to moan "l2p" but it's clear from their comments they are not fighting many R7s.

R6 Paladin/Rift is pretty much impossible, you can't bleed them, you can't burst them, Marksmen can't train them. Riftblades with two handers tend to be a fair kill, as long as you work hard to keep their rather high burst off you while you bleed them down.

Plane Walker

If you have 15 in Infiltrator, proper use of Anathema, Cloudy Poison, and Cleanse Soul will allow you to roll most mages assuming equally geared and timed correctly.

The most difficult to kill are heavily heal specced clerics. These guys I can down about 50% of the time by getting Jagged and Impale running and then popping Ebon Fury and Dusk Strike/Twilight Force spam with Final Blow finishers. Some time during this charlie foxtrot I'll also apply Anathema, and save my stun for the proper moment. If I time things right, they usually go down, if I screw up, then I'm SOL.

Dual-wield or 2H warriors I apply Jagged>stun>Puncture>Impale then trigger Twilight Shelter and just melee away on them. By that, time they are using their faceroll macro, and I'm mitigating ~90% of the damage they 're doing. By the time Twilight Shelter wears off, they are usually about to drop dead and I can snare them and let the DoT's finish the job.

SnB warriors I tend to avoid unless I *have* to engage, and those I typically bleed and Slip Away if given no choice. Since the Sin/NB/Infil spec I typically run in is pretty weak against these guys, I just avoid them 1v1 nine times out of ten. A 44MM/15Infil/7XXX spec with Eradicate however can wreck these guys pretty quick. Purge>Anathema>Imp. H&R Kite is pretty damn effective, but does take a fair bit of skill and room to maneuver.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

im a full r6 rogue
    clerics - poison malice, expose weakness (wait alil bit for energy to regen), paralyzing strike, whispered silence (250ap trinket), anathema, puncture, final blow, serpent strike (time it as close with final blow) - build up again and repeat until hes dead

mages - the same **** but i dont open up with stun, instead i go - jagged strike, whipsered silence, anathema, fowl play, puncture, impale, serpent strike, build up and final blow
    i pop cleanse soul if needed and it all really depends

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast