+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bard Bug - Been in forever. Gamebreaking at times.

Koe

Default Bard Bug - Been in forever. Gamebreaking at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIMxLRaV4eA

I don't know if this happens to all healers, but sometimes bard heals just..stop healing.

I know what fixes it; Logging in/out or closing your client and opening it back up.

However, this seemingly happens at random and is not always at times when you can log in/out. I've had it happen in most raid fights, specifically Greenscale and Herald. Those are the 2 most common bosses that this occurs in. This time it just happened randomly when a few invasion mobs hit me.

I've bug reported this multiple times, and since it's been in for at a minimum of 4 months. I want to make an official post.

Any other bard, or possible healer, experiencing this?
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Soulwalker

I've had a different bug. The smart targeting sometimes like to target dead players, giving log entries like: Klejjs Coda of Restoration heals X for Y amount (Y overhealed).
    Klejj - nab rogue dps of Art of War

Soulwalker

Never seen it happen, and Ive barded since pre-launch

Never had this issue as well.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Happened quite often. I just thought it was because of some z-axis bug.

Never seen it...
    Last edited by Rizz; 08-18-2011 at 03:47 AM.
    Rathi@Gelidra <Invictus>
    IRotP: Conqueror | NM TD: 4/4

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post

I don't know if this happens to all healers, but sometimes bard heals just..stop healing.

Yep, I've had this happen too. I've also had issues with trinkets/essences not working. Remove, re-equip, relog and things usually start working again.

Both of these issues seem to happen when I've been in-game an extended period of time.
    Last edited by Cheyenne; 08-18-2011 at 06:47 AM.

Soulwalker

Thank god. I've been having this problem myself, typically after Virtuosso and Coda of Resto spam. After that, Cadence doesn't heal but Motif of Regen still does.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by mugien View Post
    Thank god. I've been having this problem myself, typically after Virtuosso and Coda of Resto spam. After that, Cadence doesn't heal but Motif of Regen still does.
    I've also had this problem where the only heal that works is MoR. Neither cadence or CoR heal, but MoR does.
    Free music! It's legal!

Koe

Tonite in HK, we have found a highly problematic area that this constantly happens.

On the stairs with the 3 big ogres leading to Zilas, specifically at the top, MoR would heal people but CoR and Cadence would not. We had a second person go bard, and it was the same case with them.

This is gamebreaking.
    Free music! It's legal!

Rift Disciple

Tonite in HK, we have found a highly problematic area that this constantly happens.

On the stairs with the 3 big ogres leading to Zilas, specifically at the top, MoR would heal people but CoR and Cadence would not. We had a second person go bard, and it was the same case with them.

This is gamebreaking.
    PM a Dev forum Moderator this thread along with as much details about your HK incident as possible.

Telaran

I guess bard must be really whacky then. Once, I had cadence healing even though I had forgotten to spec into the skill that makes it heal. It work in one expert instance, then not the next. So when I checked why, I realised that it wasn't feated. This was back during 1.1 though. So yeah, bard is whack.
    ~Darklune~
    Defiant of
    <Nightfall>
    @Byriel

Koe

I would like a purple poster, but I doubt it will happen.

Still needs to be known by more people, though.
    Free music! It's legal!

I know what fixes it; Logging in/out or closing your client and opening it back up.

However, this seemingly happens at random and is not always at times when you can log in/out. I've had it happen in most raid fights, specifically Greenscale and Herald. Those are the 2 most common bosses that this occurs in. This time it just happened randomly when a few invasion mobs hit me.

I've bug reported this multiple times, and since it's been in for at a minimum of 4 months. I want to make an official post.

Rarely, with CoR...nothing major and so sporadic that it could be no more troublesome than a single hiccup.

However, I suppose in pve this could be a serious issue...since one mistake can lead to more.

Soulwalker

Happens to me mostly on the ramp before Warmaster, and has happened during Duke once. Other times are sporadic. A log out and back in fixes it, but it's a big pain in the arse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast