+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bard Bug - Been in forever. Gamebreaking at times.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    and for the love of god, the critter motif, why is it still in the game?

It's called flavor. It goes along with the theme of the soul. It's like the tracking different souls have. Your soul isn't balanced around it. You're not missing abilities because it's there. Some people have fun with it, and it makes sense to go with the bard soul, kind of like a pied piper.

The game isn't all about you. Just because you don't enjoy the motif doesn't mean nobody enjoys it. And if they took it out, nothing useful would go in its place, because it wasn't meant to be a useful addition to begin with. In order to maintain balance, they'd have to lower the usefulness of something else. Or just raise the overall value of the class and add usefulness that wasn't there to begin with, in which case, nothing would need to happen with motif of encouragement, because it's not changing the usefulness value of the class to begin with.

You must think "OMG It's taking a spot in the roots of the soul! Get rid of it and put something more useful!" You do realize that different souls have different numbers of boxes in their roots, right? Bladedancer has one less, ranger has one extra compared to bard. Motif of encouragement isn't affecting the balance of the soul in any way. If they feel bards need another useful ability, they'll add another box, and motif of encouragement will still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post
    We are looking into it. Thanks for the heads up.
    O.O
    ....i am...unsure...how to respond....

THANK YOU!!

Soulwalker

I have had countless times when I pop the group heal and no ones health bar budges an inch. All are within range.

Also cannot cast motifs before we rush in because I will get aggro from mob/boss and get one shotted. I'd say it happens all the time, except I've learned to stop doing it.

Bard in many ways needs a total reworking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4