+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bard Bug - Been in forever. Gamebreaking at times.

Koe

Still happening after today's hot fix.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Hell, pre existing bard motifs steal initial aggro on mobs; I myself have not seen that happened pre-1.4; unless it's actually working as intended now :S.

Telaran

this is similar to the cleric ressurection bug - when you ress a player it gives them 100% health insead of the 20% it says it should give. Very weird and correlated if you ask me.

Telaran

This has happened alot to me and chloro's in our raids.
    When atleast 50% or more people are dead, the cadence and veils don't proc healing at all, and it really pisses me off.

Xsi

The only time I've seen this is the Z-Axis issue.

The Cadence attack apparently originates from a certain point off your character (I think from your character's feet which is why you have to jump to have an instant ranged attack go over a rock obstacle while your head is above it - also so tall characters do not have an advantage over short characters) however the effect of the heals stops (now a spell and can be silenced/requires line of sight) because the spell originates from a different spot that isn't synced up entirely with the server. I don't recall this "bug" happening before Cadence could be silenced/line of sight issues but I so rarely Bard I couldn't be certain.

Kind of hard to explain. It's that odd 1-2 meter range difference (character height to actual spell effect) that seems to cause it. I have no idea what you are all talking about with taking on/off trinkets and logging in/out to fix so that might be a separate issue. It's very specific to vertical range calculation from what I've seen.

Motif of Regen (and other motifs) appear to buff spherically from the center of your character (maybe the feet as well) but always ignores obstacles as AoE heals do so that should effectively always work and not be affected.
    Last edited by Xsi; 08-26-2011 at 11:16 AM.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Xsi

Oh and to add, it apparently bugged after Smart Healing / targets reduced in 1.1.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

both of these things have happened to me. On my way to HK entrance (alone), killing the mobs on the ramp, my cadence was just not healing, for no apparent reason. Then the smart heal bug, which I have actualy started a thread about, EVERY time there are dead people in my raid the smart heals try to target and heal them while ignoring the live people. The smart heal bug has never been acknowledged,or addressed by any dev and my post was buried *shrug* kind of just gave up on it and accepted that it is just going to be yet another reason for Amilee to keep her gimp mask on. This other one tho, that was the first time I saw it, yesterday 8/25/11 in front of HK while fighting solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    I would like a purple poster, but I doubt it will happen.

Still needs to be known by more people, though.
    Purple poster in a bard specific thread?? ROFL. Don't hold your breath. and yes, I'm jaded and a bit bitter/pesimistic....see my join date? yeah..I've never seen one.

Koe

I have also experienced another weird bug, too. This video is from a little while ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKxNWYadkPE

Edit: This bug would NOT be fixed by logging in/out, or closing the client. When I would log in, Ostdarva's buffs would go on me for 1-2s and then fall off. The only thing that fixed it was going to a PvP zone that automatically flags you, so I know it's some problem with the PvP flagging system.
    Last edited by Koe; 08-26-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    Free music! It's legal!

I have also experienced another weird bug, too. This video is from a little while ago.

Edit: This bug would NOT be fixed by logging in/out, or closing the client. When I would log in, Ostdarva's buffs would go on me for 1-2s and then fall off. The only thing that fixed it was going to a PvP zone that automatically flags you, so I know it's some problem with the PvP flagging system.
    Yeah, the PvP/PvE bug is happening a lot.
    If the player doesn't have the same PvP status as you, you wont receive the buff. Might even be intended by Trion to prevent raid flagging in PUGs or something.
    Op@Sagespire -> Laizy@Whitefall ->
    Oooooooo@Whitefall (Rank 7, quit) & Ooooooo@Whitefall (Rank 8, quit)
    Note: CYRUS sucks!

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by SIbb View Post
    Yeah, the PvP/PvE bug is happening a lot.
    If the player doesn't have the same PvP status as you, you wont receive the buff. Might even be intended by Trion to prevent raid flagging in PUGs or something.
    The thing is, it had no indication of PvP status and did the exact thing 30 minutes later when we came back. I know, on a PvP server, when you go to sanctum it's supposed to give you a 5 minute buff of "Leaving PvP." It's a bug with the system that needs to be fixed, although I've never seen it out in the field.
    Free music! It's legal!

You are pvp flagged, he is not. That is why. The reason going into a pvp zone that auto flags you fixes it is because...he is then flagged as well. This is to a part of the "letting healers/buffers heal and buff pvpers while they are pvping while being invulnerable themselves to pvp" scenario ..dont think trion intends for that to ever happen
    Last edited by Efaicia; 08-27-2011 at 02:08 AM.

Soulwalker

I've had this bard heal bug happen several times in the past week on raids. At one point I'm easily healing 1k hps on aoe fights and then I'm struggling to break 500 hps on the same fight. Looked at the logs and no CoR healing even though I was using it every 5pt. Not sure what would cause this bug but logging in and out would usually fix.

The other bug I have also seen, as previously mentioned in the thread, is when people die, the smart healing thinks it can heal that dead person. So after 5 people are down, your CoR now heals no one, as it is trying to heal all 5 of the dead players. This bug is ******ed, as when people are dieing, its pretty obvious that heals need to be increased on the raid, and the bard/chloros now can't heal as much =/.

Just confirming the bugs that other bards have seen, in the hopes that the devs will see this and work on correcting the bugs. They make raid healing quite a bit harder than it should be.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    You are pvp flagged, he is not. That is why. The reason going into a pvp zone that auto flags you fixes it is because...he is then flagged as well. This is to a part of the "letting healers/buffers heal and buff pvpers while they are pvping while being invulnerable themselves to pvp" scenario ..dont think trion intends for that to ever happen
    I'm on a PvP server and it doesn't work uniformly. just another bug, although not bard specific. Neither of us could flag or un-flag for PvP.
    Free music! It's legal!

I'm on a PvP server and it doesn't work uniformly. just another bug, although not bard specific. Neither of us could flag or un-flag for PvP.
    Aye, I realized after I posted that you are on a pvp server, I dont know if there ever is a time you are not flagged. What I do know tho, is that on a pve server that little circle emblem on your nameplate means you are flagged, and people without that emblem are not flagged, and heals and buffs will not work unless flagging status is the same.The other guy is lacking that emblem. I think this is a flagging issue with the pvp server, the buffs are working as they should tho between 2 people with different flagging statuses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast