+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is Plane Shifting in Riftstalker tree?

Soulwalker

Default What is Plane Shifting in Riftstalker tree?

Hello,
    As the title asks - what is Plane shifting? I'm pretty new to the game, but do not understand how to get the buffs if there's no skill called 'Plane Shifting'.

Could someone please shed some light?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleFusion View Post
    Hello,
    As the title asks - what is Plane shifting? I'm pretty new to the game, but do not understand how to get the buffs if there's no skill called 'Plane Shifting'.

Could someone please shed some light?

Thanks in advance.
    They are basically blinks. Shadow shift is the first Plane shift you will get in the Riftstalker tree and you can get it with 0 points. Shadow Blitz, Shadow Assault, Shadow Stalk and Shadow Warp are the other Plane Shifs you will receive by speccing into the Riftstalker tree(with a considerable amount of points.)
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    They are basically blinks. Shadow shift is the first Plane shift you will get in the Riftstalker tree and you can get it with 0 points. Shadow Blitz, Shadow Assault, Shadow Stalk and Shadow Warp are the other Plane Shifs you will receive by speccing into the Riftstalker tree(with a considerable amount of points.)
    Alright. Thank you.

Plane Touched

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M_p_..EItIuqdRkkR

Pre-Battle buffs:
    - Guardian Phase
    - Planebound Resilience

Most important buffs:
    - Guarded Steel
    - Rift Guard
    - Phantom Blow (reduces incoming damage by 2% per stack, up to 3 stacks)

Combat point generators + Threat builder
    - Planar Strike (Highest single target threat generator)
    - Phantom Blow

AoE threat generators:
    - Shadow Blitz
    - Rift Disturbance

Force Taunts:
    - Planar Attraction
    - Instigate

Cooldown abilities:
    - Scatter the Shadows
    - Planar Refuge
    - Defer Death ***NOTE***: I do not recommend using this unless your healer dies and the boss is about to die as well. You will most likely die after the buff is over. This is your LAST resort.

Initial Pull:

Opening pulls for 2+ mobs you'll want to use Shadow blitz followed by Rift Disturbance.

Single target pulls use Shadow Assault.

When you do get the points after planar shifting, rift barrier will appear , and you will get 1 combo point.

Once that first combo point is up use Guarded Steel.

Now you have to build up points for Rift Guard. Usually 1-3 points is enough, and after that's up start building points for Guarded Steel again.

If you're fighting multiple mobs, after using Shadow blitz, and Rift Disturbance (as openers) you'll want to use Rift Disturbance whenever it is up.

Different scenarios:

- If dps pulls one mob/boss off of you then use Instigate

- If a boss is active while a battle is going on, and mobs most be killed to activate the boss then use Instigate. If you don't then the healer will have generated enough threat that it will be hard for you to pull it off. (I.E Darkening Deeps - Alchemist)

- If for some reason you miss some mobs (initial pull) or your dps is doing too good a job, then use Planar Attraction. This will allow you three seconds to get off Rift Disturbance/Shadow Blitz and generate additional threat. Keep in mind if you do not have Rift Disturbance/Shadow Blitz up then in all likelihood the mobs will go back to the healer/dps.

Cooldowns:

Generally these are used as a last resort, however I find using them on regular pulls before a boss to be useful.

- If there are a lot of mobs use Planar Refuge (30% decreased incoming damage). This will allow your healer some relief as larger pulls will put some strain on him/her.

- If you are low on health or dropping very quickly use Scatter the Shadows. This will allow your healer to recover, and hopefully get you above 50/75% HP.

- During boss fights use Planar refuge if you fall below 65% HP
    - If you fall below 30-40% use Scatter the Shadows
    - If you're at 10-20% HP it's time to start asking for heals

Tips:

Many of my fellow rogue tanks forget we have interesting abilities called Rift Scavenger, and Planar Shift. Rift Scavenger restores 6% of our HP for every point on a mob when it dies (up to 5/30%). Combing Planar Switch with this you can restore a large portion of your HP, and in turn help the healer out significantly.

I hope this helps you.

P.S In terms of soul combination I would use:

1. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ItIuqdRkkR.xoz
    8 points into Ranger: +5% hp, and 6% reduced incoming damage
    7 Points into Bard: +10% hp, Athem of Glory, and reduced hit, and critical hit chance

2. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ItIuqdRkkR.x0d
    7 Points into Ranger: +5% hp, and 4% reduced incoming damage
    8 Points into Bladedancer: +5% dodge, Side Steps, Combat Pose (+40 dex), False Blade (+5% dodge)
    Last edited by Tolvat; 08-18-2011 at 12:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread