+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: lfg problem

Default lfg problem

Ok, folks I am at loss.

This is not a complaint, just wondering what to do. Once again I was kick from a group because my dps was only 460. I am a rouge and donít have the money buy the new stuff and being kicked out groups over 123 (not kidding 60 percent was in bard spec).

So whatís a person to do, I have been running t2 for three months and still got no gear to show. The abuse by dps meter and vote to kick is just wrong. They said I was only doing 120 in dps spec (full assassin/ blade dancer for bosses and assassin/marks/ranger for trash and it can top at 780 with big pulls) and when I showed them mine, they called me a liar.

I tried three guilds that say they help and ounce in they either take a major upgrade from me or tell me to gear up thru random. I tried to do DRR, but I never win on rolls. I tried to get friends online to help, but they all quit the game.

I have spent a lot of hours/days on practice dummies to improve my dps. It was just 372 and got it to average of 460 and high was 506. I even got bard up to 300. But I think that as high I can get my dps. My gear just sucks. I tried over 30 different combos for rouge and none stack up as my present dps. Frankly I am tired of respecting, as I have all data on all builds. The only other build is a full sabotage/ night blade build and it does 399 to 415

So what is a person to do? I also do pvp (only rank 3), collect artifacts and achievements. But now it is getting boring and repetitive... I used to play about 12 hours a day, but now only three or four. No I donít live at home. I am Disabled veteran, who lost my right arm in bomb attack. I also leveled up to 50 a mage/cleric/warrior, but donít like the play style. Thus, I am loss on whatís my next move.

At present it will take me anther 2 months to finish getting plaques for t2 gear. That just more running the endless four and that just boring now. I could do pvp and hopefully get to rank 6 in three months. But waiting 2 hours for Port or an hour for all just sucks. It all just seem futile to me. As I hardly ever get pass the third boss and end up waiting for two hours for anther random.

So what are the comments?

This doesn't seem to be a problem with LFG at all. This is more of a "How can I be a better rogue" issue. That being the case, you should probably post this in the Rogue forums where the experts can give you advice on attack rotations, gear choices, and how to optimize your soul trees.

Here is a link to the rogue forum.

Ekp
    Soulwalker

@OP:

Since you lost your right arm, I am assuming you use your mouse with your left hand and that you are a clicker, and I am assuming so for simplicity. Since most gaming mice are built for right-handed mouse users, it might be time to invest in a left-handed gaming mouse and learning to use the sidebuttons. The issue with gaming is that, for the most part, most games support players with two hands -- one for mouse movement and one for rotation (on the keyboard). Trying to do both with the same hand will be complicated and slow, only to be exacerbated by any FPS or connectivity issues you may have.

Now, once you acquire a left-handed gaming mouse and learn to use the side buttons, you will have to find a spec that does not require too many buttons to put you on a level playing field with a more complicated rotation. From what I can gather, there is at least one ranged build that can put most of their attacks into a macro (Sozu), some with very few attacks at all (44 Sab + 20 Sin + 2 Rng), or even the "One Button Melee" spec (found in the Rogue PvE Bible). You will want to bind that stuff to your mouse and learn to dps while mouse moving.

The next option, if you want to get really cute with a solution, is to buy a gaming footpedal. You can bind your footpedal to a function on your keyboard -- for example, Shift. With the footpedal and even a very basic left-handed gaming mouse, you can have at least four buttons on the mouse just for your rotation -- for Sabo/Sin/Rng, this could be Spike Charge; Shrapnel Charge; Detonate; and a cooldown (Poison Malice, trinket), your ae macro containing Booby Trap and bombs, Incriminate, etc.

I hope that gets you thinking and gets you started down a better road.

Rift Disciple

you should try out sabdancer, even in poor gear you can push 600 ST and 1000+ AOE dps with that overpowered spec. there are numerous threads out there about this build so look around and you'll find a guide.

Rift Disciple

Link the builds you currently use so people can give better advice on your builds.

Sabdancer and even the old ranged sab are easy enough to parse high on especially boss fights.

Sozu's ranger build is still pretty good too.

The delay on LFG tool tends to be a huge lack of tanks.

Any attacks you have in a rotation that are on a cooldown put into a macro and spam that macro till you need a finisher. Make sure your macros are not interrupted with something in teh middle that is not on CD.

Make sure you have runes on anything that can take a rune.

Buy Tier 1 gear to increase your dps instead of waiting to buy t2 gear. At worst use a 51 bard spec or try a battlebard hybrid and queue as support and spam motiffs and cadence along with the debuff and heal finishers no one can complain about you making their dps higher.

Sozu build should get you 500-1000+ dps (500 if you have the bare minimum to get in T2s) between you and pet. It'll take a little time to get used to having a pet. You should be able to do the entire rotation with four or five buttons.

There is one problem--you'll need have an alt spec for non-pet friendly fights.

It also sounds like you may need runes on your gear and a focus upgrade.
    "All we had to do was follow the damn train CJ"

If you want something simple you can always try this build. I use it here and there, but never on an entire instance. Your dps won't be anywhere near Sozu's on most fights, but it should be good enough to keep you from getting the boot and its super easy. Only complicated thing is deciding when to pop improved hit and run.

Rift Disciple

TBH I think people should be offering to help before kicking, and also going from T1 to T2 your dps will drop until you get geared with T2 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekp View Post
    @OP:

Since you lost your right arm, I am assuming you use your mouse with your left hand and that you are a clicker, and I am assuming so for simplicity. Since most gaming mice are built for right-handed mouse users, it might be time to invest in a left-handed gaming mouse and learning to use the sidebuttons. The issue with gaming is that, for the most part, most games support players with two hands -- one for mouse movement and one for rotation (on the keyboard). Trying to do both with the same hand will be complicated and slow, only to be exacerbated by any FPS or connectivity issues you may have.

Now, once you acquire a left-handed gaming mouse and learn to use the side buttons, you will have to find a spec that does not require too many buttons to put you on a level playing field with a more complicated rotation. From what I can gather, there is at least one ranged build that can put most of their attacks into a macro (Sozu), some with very few attacks at all (44 Sab + 20 Sin + 2 Rng), or even the "One Button Melee" spec (found in the Rogue PvE Bible). You will want to bind that stuff to your mouse and learn to dps while mouse moving.

The next option, if you want to get really cute with a solution, is to buy a gaming footpedal. You can bind your footpedal to a function on your keyboard -- for example, Shift. With the footpedal and even a very basic left-handed gaming mouse, you can have at least four buttons on the mouse just for your rotation -- for Sabo/Sin/Rng, this could be Spike Charge; Shrapnel Charge; Detonate; and a cooldown (Poison Malice, trinket), your ae macro containing Booby Trap and bombs, Incriminate, etc.

I hope that gets you thinking and gets you started down a better road.

I have a left hander mouse and special foot petal that allows me to press down to use my four macros. The really core problem is weapons mine are blue, my neck is blue and one ring is blue. That is the core problem; beside the fact want you to do 800 dps in t2. Which I hear people saying that and yet seen one player in t2 gear reach that, only a fully raid geared rouge barely top 840 and he was using that saboteur combo build. Most dps barley hit 600, with rare 720.

The core problem with rogues is that you got to build up power for high end attacks. When a monster dies, we lose that burst. The other is the abuses going on in groups using dps meters to kick someone out. That is why I ask for technical support. Since dps meters were being abuse, is there a way to file a complaint or fix the problem.

It's possible to distill most of your dps rotations into just a few macros and get a mouse like a razor naga. Could use foot pedals to move your character (one for W, one for A, and one for D) so that you can strafe and run forward with your feet while executing your hotkeys from the mouse.

There's also some pretty good macro syntax out there that could let you bind two do-all macros to mousewheel up and mousewheel down for some extra help.

44Sab is a very easy spec in terms of keybindings and rotations - you can do pretty much max DPS by pressing literally three buttons. Plus it's a ranged spec with absolutely no DPS loss from moving around, which makes it much more forgiving in terms of avoiding AOEs and cleaves and the like. Melee is a real pain, because you need to constantly strafe out of crap, move around to stay on the boss's hitbox and so on.

With a screenshot of gear we might be able to better assist you in getting that dps up.

As far as reporting people, there's really nothing that can be done. There are points in most T2s where a certain amount of dps is needed; sometimes it's an actual dps check other times it's being able to kill a boss before the healers are outta mana. I agree that the folks that grief over meters are annoying, I had some dude a few nights ago telling individuals to pick up their dps and crap like that.

You can also run T1s; no one will kick you over dps in those and you can gear up a bit.

If you're on Silkweb I can help you out in-game

edit: As jimbo pointed out, 44 sab would get you the best dps
    Last edited by tebhi; 08-18-2011 at 01:37 PM.

[QUOTE=kaco;2998537]Link the builds you currently use so people can give better advice on your builds.

Sabdancer and even the old ranged sab are easy enough to parse high on especially boss fights.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...RftsfqddR.VV0G
    This does 400 to 480.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0oz.Vhx.VVbG0R
    This is my mass mob pulled build and some bosses. It does 800 for aoe and single target anywhere from 380 to 485.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....vhx0V0AuzR.VM
    This one does 900 on aoe mobs and 385 to 435 on bosses.

@OP.

How are you not fully geared yet? You say 3 months of running T2s. Even if you only were ever able to kill a few bosses per run, you should still have gotten LOTS of plaques to simply purchase all your T2 gear. You should be close if not completely decked out in T2 gear already.

If you DO have this gear, and still pull such low dps. It is a build & rotation issue which you need to spend more time researching and practicing on dummies. simply put its not an LFG/PUGS issue.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

[QUOTE=youkiddingme;3000043]
    Quote Originally Posted by kaco View Post
    Link the builds you currently use so people can give better advice on your builds.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...RftsfqddR.VV0G
    This does 400 to 480.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0oz.Vhx.VVbG0R
    This is my mass mob pulled build and some bosses. It does 800 for aoe and single target anywhere from 380 to 485.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....vhx0V0AuzR.VM
    This one does 900 on aoe mobs and 385 to 435 on bosses.
    44 sab will net you more dps than any of these

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast