+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sabodancer needs advice

Shadowlander

Default Sabodancer needs advice

SO I have been reading sabodancer posts for months now and I keep seeing people posts huge numbers on some boss fights that i cannot match and I have some very good gear. Currently i have 4 piece pr5/6 with synergy crystal, fang/ inf fury. alsbeths bow, and words of war. I have 854 ap and 912 crit unbuffed. On plutonus best i have ever gotten was 1930, and murdantix i cannot seeem to break 1800 and yet i see people saying they easily break over 2000 with less gear than I. I use the standard rotation:

punc, 3x spike, deadly, 2x spike, det, 5x shrap, det

i have a separate macro to pop words of war, blade temp, poison malice, and a crit pot whenever FP is up or when they come off cd. I have gone over all possible raid buffs and we have them so am I missing something here or are people seriously over inflating their numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawkfist View Post
    SO I have been reading sabodancer posts for months now and I keep seeing people posts huge numbers on some boss fights that i cannot match and I have some very good gear. Currently i have 4 piece pr5/6 with synergy crystal, fang/ inf fury. alsbeths bow, and words of war. I have 854 ap and 912 crit unbuffed. On plutonus best i have ever gotten was 1930, and murdantix i cannot seeem to break 1800 and yet i see people saying they easily break over 2000 with less gear than I. I use the standard rotation:

i have a separate macro to pop words of war, blade temp, poison malice, and a crit pot whenever FP is up or when they come off cd. I have gone over all possible raid buffs and we have them so am I missing something here or are people seriously over inflating their numbers?
    Debuffs up at all times on the mob? That makes a huge difference. What is your raid wide dps? I think that makes a difference on your performance too.
    Last edited by Tigruz; 08-17-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    <Retired>

Why are you using puncture before your deadly strike?

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    Debuffs up at all times on the mob? That makes a huge difference. What is your raid wide dps? I think that makes a difference on your performance too.
    This is the key really for big numbers.

Well its 3x spike,punc, deadly, 2x spike

and yes its all about raid setup... your ping and how fast you can spam buttons

Although i dont think you elegible for a complain with 1950
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    Well its 3x spike,punc, deadly, 2x spike

and yes its all about raid setup... your ping and how fast you can spam buttons

Although i dont think you elegible for a complain with 1950
    Ya 1950 is solid man. The people who are posting such high numbers may be coming from a specific raid where everything was in perfect unison. If you're pulling 1950 and some debuffs/buffs are out of sync, then I think you have the potential to pull those high numbers you want.

So yell at your raid for that :P
    <Retired>

Shadowlander

fairly sure buffs are up all the time and plutonus isnt my biggest thing its more over murdantix where i cannot break 1800 and am usually at 1650ish but if this is more the norm then I guess theres nothing wrong.

Whats your trinket? If it's not Whispering Silence you should be grinding codex not foruming

My Rift Diary: Rift Diary

Shadowlander

i have the codex trinket

i have the codex trinket
    Full consumables? Cupcakes whetstones elder tablets etc?

It's probably as others have said just baddies not keeping debuffs up.

My Rift Diary: Rift Diary

you're losing 50+ dps on your rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    you're losing 50+ dps on your rotation
    how so? if there is a different rotation that can net better results plz do share =)

Banned

Is there a list somewhere of what debuffs the raid should be keeping up?

+ Reply to Thread