+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can a nightblade/sab combo work?

Prophet of Telara

Default Can a nightblade/sab combo work?

Working on a baby rogue, up to 40 now and mostly been playing around with nightblade... though wanting to try out Sab just because it seems interesting.

Was thinking about staying on a non-physical damage kick... and not looking at raiding anytime soon, but thinking more for T1/T2 dungeons and just general duo play.

Is this build possible to work - I'm sure there's room for optimization since I'm not real familiar with sab mechanics yet (just started playing with that last night):
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....gV0cE00o.VV0h

Basically the thinking is something to the effect of
    5cp(get hellfire blades going)>Deadly Strikes
    Embers Chargex5>Detonate
    5cp>SoD
    Splinters Chargex5>Detonate

repeat?
    Ceribaen, formerly of Nyx (D).
    Now residing on Seastone.

You're losing out on too much damage from 2/2 Magnify Pain and 3/3 Poison Potency. It can work, but it won't work as well.

Also, I haven't tested this, but I don't think charges proc Weapon Enchantments or Scourge of Darkness, since they're not considered "weapons".
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-17-2011 at 09:54 AM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    You're losing out on too much damage from 2/2 Magnify Pain and 3/3 Poison Potency. It can work, but it won't work as well.

Also, I haven't tested this, but I don't think charges proc Weapon Enchantments or Scourge of Darkness, since they're not considered "weapons".
    I was playing a little bit with it at my level (though having ranger instead of BD)... and yeah dropping charges on it wasn't putting hellfire on... I THINK detonate had a chance to? and SoD I didn't have yet to test - but I think it'll proc once i hit detonate off all charges and the detonate and the charge booster proc - so that'd up the burst nicely I think?
    Ceribaen, formerly of Nyx (D).
    Now residing on Seastone.

+ Reply to Thread