+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Million Dollar Question (Riftblades).......

Default The Million Dollar Question (Riftblades).......

How exactly are we supposed to deal with these enemies as rogues?

I'd like to know other than simply not fighting them because there are even more in warfronts than parachamps. At least with parachamps you could attack without your attacks equating your instant death.

I'd like to play the game and fight baddies but I'm lost on exactly how to do this now.

If they are Paladin/Riftblades then you can't.
    The block your bleeds, they heal when they block, they hit harder than you with the same gear and you can't train them because of the ever used Rift walking.

If they are carrying a shield and throwing fire, walk away. A T7+ Rogue can't beat a T7+ Paladin/Riftblade. Full Riftblades with two handers though, bleed them, slip away, bleed them again, finish them.

Marksman -> Keep at least 21 meters distance and use 2x Improved Hit 'n Run.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    You forgot to mention "And hope he doesn't realize that you're attacking him before he dies"
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeV View Post
    You forgot to mention "And hope he doesn't realize that you're attacking him before he dies"
    Well, as a Marksman you SHOULD be able to kite him around for a bit. Hopefully long enough for him to give up chasing you...

lol!!!!!

I wish. Warriors out range me when I use my MM spec. Port, stun, dead. If they don't port and stun me they just toss mad range dps at me and I'm dead. I had a warrior today I don't know how he did it but he litterally ported like halfway across the map out of nowhere to 1 shot me then "lol" right after. I just looked at my revive screen like "ffs what just happened". Dude wasn't anywhere close to me it's like he opened time itself and went into the future to catch me and end the battle just waiting for me to catch up to my own death.

... which is almost totally impossible to do in practice. I do agree about being MM, at least you can purgespam and hope you remove planar blade so they can only Riftwalk once.

They really need to fix planar blade. I don't see how it's fair for one calling that uses energy to have (at least) two talents that return energy on crits - which will scale exponentially since the more crits you get the more chances you have to get a crit - and the other calling gets none. Having it also refresh the cooldown on your gap closer with no ICD whatsoever is just ridiculous.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by INCdex View Post
    lol!!!!!

I wish. Warriors out range me when I use my MM spec. Port, stun, dead. If they don't port and stun me they just toss mad range dps at me and I'm dead. I had a warrior today I don't know how he did it but he litterally ported like halfway across the map out of nowhere to 1 shot me then "lol" right after. I just looked at my revive screen like "ffs what just happened". Dude wasn't anywhere close to me it's like he opened time itself and went into the future to catch me and end the battle just waiting for me to catch up to my own death.

Not knowing what happened is usually the sign of an informed player that knows the game very well. When these people complain you know you should listen to what they say.

You can't train a Riftblade, Riftwalk is a low cool down shift to your enemy that stuns for 2 seconds and removes/breaks any and all CC on the Warrior. I know because I use it on Marksmen myself, they are a free and easy kill.

(cont.. hit submit while typing). I know because I use it on Marksmen myself, they are a free and easy kill. By the time you think you're away, Riftwalk will put them right back on you again, remember this is while they parry (yes bullets) your attacks and block (healing from every block) as well as using Paladins Devotion. Also remember that for every block, your damage is reduced by 20%. On top of all of this, even if you do manage to get away from me I have a 8 point ability called Touch of Life which heals to 100%, unaffected by heal debuffs.

Yeah it`s stupid. If I see a RB (and it should be pretty obvious. They`re the people with 30 stacks of buff pacts on them that you can never keep fully purged off) I just purge till I see avatar of the rift is off and then go dps someone else.

Kiting them is possible, but very annoying. You will be using all the tricks in your book and you still probably won`t win (Since riftwalk doesn`t let barbed shot tick after all) And if they ever realize they`re low and have Touch of Life up.... you can just stand there and weep.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

if you are a ranged MM rogue...
    eradicate spam. more eradicate spam. never enough eradicate spam. once all buffs are removed, then its safe to dps.
    with planar blade removed the RB becomes easier to kite, as riftwalk no longer resets on crit. if he does reach you and hit you, the RB will be power starved before he kills you.
    with avatar of the rift removed you will hit him harder, he will hit you for less, and he wont damage you every time you hit him.

if you are a melee rogue of any kind...
    go find a friendly mage/cleric. hide behind his skirt.

if you are duoing with another rogue...

if you are grouped with three or more rogues...
    jump the rb from stealth, burn him down. one or more of you may die attempting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    if you are a ranged MM rogue...
    eradicate spam. more eradicate spam. never enough eradicate spam. once all buffs are removed, then its safe to dps.
    with planar blade removed the RB becomes easier to kite, as riftwalk no longer resets on crit. if he does reach you and hit you, the RB will be power starved before he kills you.
    with avatar of the rift removed you will hit him harder, he will hit you for less, and he wont damage you every time you hit him.

if you are a melee rogue of any kind...

if you are duoing with another rogue...

if you are grouped with three or more rogues...
    jump the rb from stealth, burn him down. one or more of you may die attempting this.
    Almost certain you can't purge Avatar of the Rift. Tactic 3 also is super sketchy IMO - if he has Bloodthirsty you may end up giving him 3 KBs.

+ Reply to Thread