+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rogue PvP changes needed

  1. #1
    Champion of Telara Veldan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Rogue PvP changes needed

    Ok, there are a few rogue skills that are just really flawed imo. The following changes are meant to make PvP more fun for everyone, and rogues to play in a way they're supposed to instead of abusing certain skills. I don't want to see changes on the rogues damage, as I think it is quite right at the moment. I'm a 840 valor chloro/lock in PvP, and good rogues can always burst me down 1 on 1.

    1. Stealth should never be usable in combat. This is just a stupid mechanic and not realistic. If the rogue is defeated, so be it, he shouldn't be able to pop a last second stealth while 3 people are bashing on him.

    2. Stealth should always break on damage. A rogue staying in stealth while an aoe just went off in his area is unacceptable, even if it means the rogue will unstealth a bit later.

    3. Stunning, incapitating, or using any other action on an enemy player should always break stealth. Rogues preventing flag captures in PvP while staying in stealth is unacceptable. The only skill that should not unstealth is expose weakness.

    4. Full imunnity to mages and magic clerics is unacceptable, even if it lasts for 5 seconds. Give the rogues a magic defense skill instead, like 50% damage reduction to magic, or resisting the next 3 spells. Or else: If rogues have an immunity to magic, mages should have an immunity to physical damage.

    Keep in mind that I do not want only rogues to be changed. Other classes, like my own, could do with some tweaks as well, but these rogue changes just follow from what I recently saw happen in PvP.

    Opinions are welcome

  2. #2
    Plane Touched Larrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    247

    Cool yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

    Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    Ok, there are a few rogue skills that are just really flawed imo. The following changes are meant to make PvP more fun for everyone, and rogues to play in a way they're supposed to instead of abusing certain skills. I don't want to see changes on the rogues damage, as I think it is quite right at the moment. I'm a 840 valor chloro/lock in PvP, and good rogues can always burst me down 1 on 1.

    1. Stealth should never be usable in combat. This is just a stupid mechanic and not realistic. If the rogue is defeated, so be it, he shouldn't be able to pop a last second stealth while 3 people are bashing on him.

    2. Stealth should always break on damage. A rogue staying in stealth while an aoe just went off in his area is unacceptable, even if it means the rogue will unstealth a bit later.

    3. Stunning, incapitating, or using any other action on an enemy player should always break stealth. Rogues preventing flag captures in PvP while staying in stealth is unacceptable. The only skill that should not unstealth is expose weakness.

    4. Full imunnity to mages and magic clerics is unacceptable, even if it lasts for 5 seconds. Give the rogues a magic defense skill instead, like 50% damage reduction to magic, or resisting the next 3 spells. Or else: If rogues have an immunity to magic, mages should have an immunity to physical damage.

    Keep in mind that I do not want only rogues to be changed. Other classes, like my own, could do with some tweaks as well, but these rogue changes just follow from what I recently saw happen in PvP.

    Opinions are welcome

    nom nom nom moar tears pls moar i tells ya

    Now I Know Why Some Animals Eat Their Young

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara Veldan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larrs View Post

    nom nom nom moar tears pls moar i tells ya
    If you got nothing useful to say, please don't post. This isn't a whine thread, if your opinion is different then explain it, and I'll be happy to read.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    Ok, there are a few rogue skills that are just really flawed imo. The following changes are meant to make PvP more fun for everyone, and rogues to play in a way they're supposed to instead of abusing certain skills. I don't want to see changes on the rogues damage, as I think it is quite right at the moment. I'm a 840 valor chloro/lock in PvP, and good rogues can always burst me down 1 on 1.

    1. Stealth should never be usable in combat. This is just a stupid mechanic and not realistic. If the rogue is defeated, so be it, he shouldn't be able to pop a last second stealth while 3 people are bashing on him.

    2. Stealth should always break on damage. A rogue staying in stealth while an aoe just went off in his area is unacceptable, even if it means the rogue will unstealth a bit later.

    3. Stunning, incapitating, or using any other action on an enemy player should always break stealth. Rogues preventing flag captures in PvP while staying in stealth is unacceptable. The only skill that should not unstealth is expose weakness.

    4. Full imunnity to mages and magic clerics is unacceptable, even if it lasts for 5 seconds. Give the rogues a magic defense skill instead, like 50% damage reduction to magic, or resisting the next 3 spells. Or else: If rogues have an immunity to magic, mages should have an immunity to physical damage.

    Keep in mind that I do not want only rogues to be changed. Other classes, like my own, could do with some tweaks as well, but these rogue changes just follow from what I recently saw happen in PvP.

    Opinions are welcome
    So basically you are saying

    "Stealth should be completely useless"
    lol mage tears qq more
    While I do agree cleanse soul is a tad OP, everything else you said is basically you whining cause you get pwned
    Last edited by Meladath; 08-17-2011 at 02:28 AM.

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara Veldan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meladath View Post
    So basically you are saying

    "Stealth should be completely useless"
    lol mage tears qq more
    While I do agree cleanse soul is a tad OP, everything else you said is basically you whining cause you get pwned
    Stealth as a general rogue/assassin class mechanic, is meant to give the player the advantage of suprise, and being the first one to attack. This is not useless at all, as a burst class striking before your enemy strikes you might actually be the most important thing to have.

    Stealth is not meant to keep enemies from capping a codex point and not meant to protect the player from damage.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched INCdex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    Ok, there are a few rogue skills that are just really flawed imo. The following changes are meant to make PvP more fun for everyone, and rogues to play in a way they're supposed to instead of abusing certain skills. I don't want to see changes on the rogues damage, as I think it is quite right at the moment. I'm a 840 valor chloro/lock in PvP, and good rogues can always burst me down 1 on 1.

    1. Stealth should never be usable in combat. This is just a stupid mechanic and not realistic. If the rogue is defeated, so be it, he shouldn't be able to pop a last second stealth while 3 people are bashing on him.

    2. Stealth should always break on damage. A rogue staying in stealth while an aoe just went off in his area is unacceptable, even if it means the rogue will unstealth a bit later.

    3. Stunning, incapitating, or using any other action on an enemy player should always break stealth. Rogues preventing flag captures in PvP while staying in stealth is unacceptable. The only skill that should not unstealth is expose weakness.

    4. Full imunnity to mages and magic clerics is unacceptable, even if it lasts for 5 seconds. Give the rogues a magic defense skill instead, like 50% damage reduction to magic, or resisting the next 3 spells. Or else: If rogues have an immunity to magic, mages should have an immunity to physical damage.

    Keep in mind that I do not want only rogues to be changed. Other classes, like my own, could do with some tweaks as well, but these rogue changes just follow from what I recently saw happen in PvP.

    Opinions are welcome
    Opinion. You're ideas are terrible and the result would be an already squishy class having their most class defining mechanics be a joke resulting in even lower survivability once out of it or in it.

    Stealth isn't an i-win ability. It's a class defining mechanism because rogues are incredibly squishy and in melee range have to content in the relm of significantly stronger warriors who have greater health pools and clerics.

    This thread is pure QQ plain and simple. It's not as bad as the Prestige 8 warrior thread complaining about how he was denied his free rogue kill because he saw something but couldn't kill it but it's in the same general area of awful.
    Last edited by INCdex; 08-17-2011 at 03:29 AM.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INCdex View Post
    Opinion. You're ideas are terrible and the result would be an already squishy class having their most class defining mechanics be a joke resulting in even lower survivability once out of it or in it.
    Not true. It would result in almost half of the player base leaving the game.

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara Veldan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Seems to me most people don't understand what I think is wrong. If rogue survivability is too low, there are a billion ways to deal with that, it doesn't mean you can't change the stealth mechanics.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Wait, so your trying to tell me that rogues arent at the bottom of the food chain in pvp? ROFL!

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara Veldan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tytrey View Post
    Wait, so your trying to tell me that rogues arent at the bottom of the food chain in pvp? ROFL!
    Another who doesn't understand... I am not talking about class balance here, but about skill balance. If rogues are overall to weak, they need a buff. That still doesn't change the fact that the mechanics I listed are stupid.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    So you want to nerf the skill of two souls because you dont think they need to use it in combat?

    So by that logic..warriors can't parry/block/dodge in combat? (pvp)
    Cleric/mages cant heal in combat? (pvp)
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

  12. #12
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    Another who doesn't understand... I am not talking about class balance here, but about skill balance. If rogues are overall to weak, they need a buff. That still doesn't change the fact that the mechanics I listed are stupid.
    They are only stupid because you don't have them.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

  13. #13
    Shadowlander Gigglulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    41

    Default

    You must suck as a chlorolok. With 840 valor, you should never die to a rogue. Delete and troll another game's forum.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Larrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    247

    Thumbs up yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

    Quote Originally Posted by Gigglulz View Post
    You must suck as a chlorolok. With 840 valor, you should never die to a rogue. Delete and troll another game's forum.
    EXACTLY!!!!

    Now I Know Why Some Animals Eat Their Young

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    I don't want to see changes on the rogues damage, as I think it is quite right at the moment.
    ahahahaha bahahahahahahaha oh man...

    I'm a 840 valor chloro/lock in PvP, and good rogues can always burst me down 1 on 1.
    whew, 1v1 matters...thank god

    1. Stealth should never be usable in combat. This is just a stupid mechanic and not realistic. If the rogue is defeated, so be it, he shouldn't be able to pop a last second stealth while 3 people are bashing on him.
    134 page thread ---------->

    2. Stealth should always break on damage. A rogue staying in stealth while an aoe just went off in his area is unacceptable, even if it means the rogue will unstealth a bit later.
    then take away the "damage increased by X and damage taken decreased by Y after opening from stealth" talents and build them into the rogue as all-time passives

    3. Stunning, incapitating, or using any other action on an enemy player should always break stealth. Rogues preventing flag captures in PvP while staying in stealth is unacceptable. The only skill that should not unstealth is expose weakness.
    are you sure this thread is still about making the game fun for everyone and not just for you?

    4. Full imunnity to mages and magic clerics is unacceptable, even if it lasts for 5 seconds. Give the rogues a magic defense skill instead, like 50% damage reduction to magic, or resisting the next 3 spells. Or else: If rogues have an immunity to magic, mages should have an immunity to physical damage.
    then give us strong passive defenses to magic and melee damage so that we are not a 1-shot joke of a class without 2 min cooldowns

    Keep in mind that I do not want only rogues to be changed. Other classes, like my own, could do with some tweaks as well, but these rogue changes just follow from what I recently saw happen in PvP.

    Opinions are welcome
    my opinion is that you should play a rogue for 1 day, maybe on the next PTS with an instant lvl50 and high rank bag. next all r8 playtest they do, please pick a rogue on the PTS and go smash faces in...make all mages and clerics life a living hell, show all the warriors that they don't stand a chance against OP rogues
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts