+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rogue PvP changes needed

Default Rogue PvP changes needed

Ok, there are a few rogue skills that are just really flawed imo. The following changes are meant to make PvP more fun for everyone, and rogues to play in a way they're supposed to instead of abusing certain skills. I don't want to see changes on the rogues damage, as I think it is quite right at the moment. I'm a 840 valor chloro/lock in PvP, and good rogues can always burst me down 1 on 1.

1. Stealth should never be usable in combat. This is just a stupid mechanic and not realistic. If the rogue is defeated, so be it, he shouldn't be able to pop a last second stealth while 3 people are bashing on him.

2. Stealth should always break on damage. A rogue staying in stealth while an aoe just went off in his area is unacceptable, even if it means the rogue will unstealth a bit later.

3. Stunning, incapitating, or using any other action on an enemy player should always break stealth. Rogues preventing flag captures in PvP while staying in stealth is unacceptable. The only skill that should not unstealth is expose weakness.

4. Full imunnity to mages and magic clerics is unacceptable, even if it lasts for 5 seconds. Give the rogues a magic defense skill instead, like 50% damage reduction to magic, or resisting the next 3 spells. Or else: If rogues have an immunity to magic, mages should have an immunity to physical damage.

Keep in mind that I do not want only rogues to be changed. Other classes, like my own, could do with some tweaks as well, but these rogue changes just follow from what I recently saw happen in PvP.

Opinions are welcome

Cool yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    Ok, there are a few rogue skills that are just really flawed imo. The following changes are meant to make PvP more fun for everyone, and rogues to play in a way they're supposed to instead of abusing certain skills. I don't want to see changes on the rogues damage, as I think it is quite right at the moment. I'm a 840 valor chloro/lock in PvP, and good rogues can always burst me down 1 on 1.

1. Stealth should never be usable in combat. This is just a stupid mechanic and not realistic. If the rogue is defeated, so be it, he shouldn't be able to pop a last second stealth while 3 people are bashing on him.

2. Stealth should always break on damage. A rogue staying in stealth while an aoe just went off in his area is unacceptable, even if it means the rogue will unstealth a bit later.

3. Stunning, incapitating, or using any other action on an enemy player should always break stealth. Rogues preventing flag captures in PvP while staying in stealth is unacceptable. The only skill that should not unstealth is expose weakness.

4. Full imunnity to mages and magic clerics is unacceptable, even if it lasts for 5 seconds. Give the rogues a magic defense skill instead, like 50% damage reduction to magic, or resisting the next 3 spells. Or else: If rogues have an immunity to magic, mages should have an immunity to physical damage.

Keep in mind that I do not want only rogues to be changed. Other classes, like my own, could do with some tweaks as well, but these rogue changes just follow from what I recently saw happen in PvP.

Opinions are welcome

nom nom nom moar tears pls moar i tells ya

Now I Know Why Some Animals Eat Their Young

Quote Originally Posted by Larrs View Post

nom nom nom moar tears pls moar i tells ya
    If you got nothing useful to say, please don't post. This isn't a whine thread, if your opinion is different then explain it, and I'll be happy to read.

Telaran

Opinions are welcome
    So basically you are saying

"Stealth should be completely useless"
    lol mage tears qq more
    While I do agree cleanse soul is a tad OP, everything else you said is basically you whining cause you get pwned
    Last edited by Meladath; 08-17-2011 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meladath View Post
    So basically you are saying

"Stealth should be completely useless"
    lol mage tears qq more
    While I do agree cleanse soul is a tad OP, everything else you said is basically you whining cause you get pwned
    Stealth as a general rogue/assassin class mechanic, is meant to give the player the advantage of suprise, and being the first one to attack. This is not useless at all, as a burst class striking before your enemy strikes you might actually be the most important thing to have.

Stealth is not meant to keep enemies from capping a codex point and not meant to protect the player from damage.

Opinions are welcome
    Opinion. You're ideas are terrible and the result would be an already squishy class having their most class defining mechanics be a joke resulting in even lower survivability once out of it or in it.

Stealth isn't an i-win ability. It's a class defining mechanism because rogues are incredibly squishy and in melee range have to content in the relm of significantly stronger warriors who have greater health pools and clerics.

This thread is pure QQ plain and simple. It's not as bad as the Prestige 8 warrior thread complaining about how he was denied his free rogue kill because he saw something but couldn't kill it but it's in the same general area of awful.
    Last edited by INCdex; 08-17-2011 at 03:29 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by INCdex View Post
    Opinion. You're ideas are terrible and the result would be an already squishy class having their most class defining mechanics be a joke resulting in even lower survivability once out of it or in it.
    Not true. It would result in almost half of the player base leaving the game.

Seems to me most people don't understand what I think is wrong. If rogue survivability is too low, there are a billion ways to deal with that, it doesn't mean you can't change the stealth mechanics.

Soulwalker

Wait, so your trying to tell me that rogues arent at the bottom of the food chain in pvp? ROFL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tytrey View Post
    Wait, so your trying to tell me that rogues arent at the bottom of the food chain in pvp? ROFL!
    Another who doesn't understand... I am not talking about class balance here, but about skill balance. If rogues are overall to weak, they need a buff. That still doesn't change the fact that the mechanics I listed are stupid.

Plane Walker

So you want to nerf the skill of two souls because you dont think they need to use it in combat?

So by that logic..warriors can't parry/block/dodge in combat? (pvp)
    Cleric/mages cant heal in combat? (pvp)
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Shield of Telara

Another who doesn't understand... I am not talking about class balance here, but about skill balance. If rogues are overall to weak, they need a buff. That still doesn't change the fact that the mechanics I listed are stupid.
    They are only stupid because you don't have them.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

You must suck as a chlorolok. With 840 valor, you should never die to a rogue. Delete and troll another game's forum.

Thumbs up yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

Quote Originally Posted by Gigglulz View Post
    You must suck as a chlorolok. With 840 valor, you should never die to a rogue. Delete and troll another game's forum.
    EXACTLY!!!!

Now I Know Why Some Animals Eat Their Young

Ascendant

I don't want to see changes on the rogues damage, as I think it is quite right at the moment.
    ahahahaha bahahahahahahaha oh man...

I'm a 840 valor chloro/lock in PvP, and good rogues can always burst me down 1 on 1.
    whew, 1v1 matters...thank god

134 page thread ---------->

then take away the "damage increased by X and damage taken decreased by Y after opening from stealth" talents and build them into the rogue as all-time passives

are you sure this thread is still about making the game fun for everyone and not just for you?

then give us strong passive defenses to magic and melee damage so that we are not a 1-shot joke of a class without 2 min cooldowns

Opinions are welcome
    my opinion is that you should play a rogue for 1 day, maybe on the next PTS with an instant lvl50 and high rank bag. next all r8 playtest they do, please pick a rogue on the PTS and go smash faces in...make all mages and clerics life a living hell, show all the warriors that they don't stand a chance against OP rogues
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast