+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard Support Spec.

Soulwalker

Default Bard Support Spec.

Hello guys,

Im currently level 46 and heading to 50 pretty quick and im looking for a bard support spec for groups, ect.
    any advice will be greatly appricated and aslo any macros you have for this build, been looking on the fourms and not really seen many builds to do about this, maybe im a mong and missing them lol

thanks for your time!
    Better to wait for the perfect strike, then to rush for a quick kill

I updated my Bard support role last night to this : http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...skqz.Vhc0u0z.z

I had night blade as the 3rd soul before and decided to try something different. Sabo gives me the sticky bomb and I like the explosive attacks too!

Anyhow, before I didn't have as many points on bard. I didn't have verse of vitality or verse of rebirth. Both of which are nice to have for groups. The build worked really well for me last night for WF and dungeons.
    Last edited by Archemys; 08-17-2011 at 05:24 AM.

Telaran

Default Bard spec

I believe the typical bard support spec is 51 bard/8nb/7rs. Does decent healing and support. No real macro's for bards. It doesn't need them really.

This is the deepest I'd suggest someone going on bard before raids:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...b.VIdqiaskVz.V

To be sincere, it loses too much DPS to need anything deeper than that.

As for macros, get the "One button Motifs" macro that people put here on the forums recently. It's a nice add to just press the same button 5 times instead of using 5 different slots.

I started another topic recently on the bard hybrids trying to find a good ranged hybrid. It's called something like "Ranged support for dungeons". After some tests we're not finding an optimal build for ranged, but the melee bard hybrid seems very promising.

To be sincere, for dungeons, expert or not and even when pugging, the hybrid bard (32 points) should be more than enough. It has almost all important tools but it allows a tremendous difference in DPS when compared with the bard 44 I posted above (I'm not even gonna consider bard 51 for dungeons).

In summary (my opinion):

- Get the 44 bard above if you want to really go deep in bard for dungeons. Don't go deeper.
    - Get the one-button motifs macro
    - Get the hybrid melee bard Sozu posted in my topic
    - Get the hybrid ranged bard I posted in my topic (page 3 or 4, the last "Bangman") if you insist in playing ranged. It's less DPS than the melee hybrid (like 670 vs 890 per Sozu's parses) but still a much better DPS than the 44 bard

Sword of Telara

Default Meh

My general one I go with is 44 bard, 18 RS, 4 BD. I like it for it's defensive capabilities really. I can go stalker, teleport, get in a few wacks... and start cadence healing with the 15% damage boost up, and if **** gets hairy drop into Guardian Phase. The 4 points in BD are to give me the Side Steps 2 min CD, and 4% extra dodging. With the build, I can run flags fairly well, heal/buff, and I have a macro set up to drop riff/virt and then spam Coda of Healing for when stuff goes south. In guardian phase I can generally hold off 2 or 3 folks at once (unless they are a good bit higher rank). All in all, it works well for me as a utility build. You can keep your motifs going, some healing, and have a bit of survivability (which helps you keep your buffs up...)

why does no one get the 51 bard skill? Sounds awesome to me . Especially for high hp raids. And fun +750 mp each 2 minutes ;o.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbz View Post
    why does no one get the 51 bard skill? Sounds awesome to me . Especially for high hp raids. And fun +750 mp each 2 minutes ;o.
    The extra 7 points you have to spend on the tree will give you 10% more health, 3% more damage to Wrath and Fury, Verse of Fascination and finally the skill you refers to, Verse of Joy.

It's quite expensive to be sincere, but in a raid environment the extra health and the Verse of Joy can be useful in some situations. Other than that, as I said, it's a little too expensive and I'd prefer to use this points somewhere else for at least 90% of the cases.

Since the author of this topic is not even 50 yet, I figured he still has some road before hitting the raids so I didn't even consider going deeper than 44 (and to be sincere lately I had been suggesting not going further than 32 for dungeons).

Default depends on what you are going to do

If you are going to be raiding, 51 pt bard for VoJ does help a lot. If you are going to pvp some type of bard riftstalker combo would be what you need.

I'm not looked on to provide any real damage to the raid, I'm there for motifs, fanfares, anthems, and cadence and CoR. Attack power affects your cadence healing and CoR healing.

But have fun with whatever you decide to do as a Bard.

Sword of Telara

Default True

True, my 44 bard/18rift/4bd setup is the one i use for pvp. I don't pve so I am useless really for a spec for that. Sorry!

+ Reply to Thread