+ Reply to Thread

Thread: aoe leveling spec

Telaran

Default aoe leveling spec

im currently 34 on my rogue and have tried sabo aoe grind spec, bladedancer aoe spec and ranger aoe spec. i have 50s of other 3 classes and it just seems like such a ***** to lvl aoe wise, but im hoping someone out there will enlighten me and give me a good spec.

After playing a rogue and having 50's of the other 3, i have come to the conclusion that rogues are gimped. Even at 50 on my mage, i dont ever worry about rogues lol idk what the deal is but even in aoe leveling its so much easier as a mage and cleric. I aoe grinding as a war but that wasn't until my 40s i believe. jsut curious if there is a good aoe spec for rogues. Mages could start aoe grinding at 30 which is insane and well clerics, well they just **** at everything .

Hope someone can help with a good spec.
    Hunix - Mage

Den of Madness

car ran real gewd!!!

13 blade dancer, 13 riftstalker, rest ranger? Shadow Fire + Deadly Dance + Improved Trick Shot kite spam? Pet actually kinda optional IMO. **** dies, you get health from Rift Scavenger, etc.

Past edit window, here's the 34 spec:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...h.VG0f0cz.Vhbh

And at 50: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zf0ckckVz.Vhbh

Just basically pulled it outta my *** based on some other builds I've seen around here. Basically, get the buffs mentioned above up and spam the hell outta Trick Shot while running around pulling more and more mobs. Might have to refresh Shadow Fire on an unpulled mob to keep it up since you can't cast it in melee range.

You most likely won't even use a pet until 36 when you can have a same leveled wolf. Obviously you get the one point in Improved Quick Shot at 35 and then your two points into 36 go directly into Improved Trick Shot and either KotJ or PotW (preference).

Don't use the boar pet, your pet should be a source of DPS (Wolf, then Raptor). Especially since pets are bugged with the same debuff Dragon Motes get.
    Last edited by InferiOmega; 08-16-2011 at 04:46 PM.

I levelled to 50 back at Headstart as a Rogue and used Bard Ranger to AoE level. Back then it was good as you could pull lots of Mobs and keep chain pulling them.

Not sure if it is still viable now. Don't see why not.
    Current Rift Progression: 20man - GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, HK 1/11. 10man - GP 4/4, DH 4/4, RotP 1/4.

Quote Originally Posted by Haskeer View Post
    I levelled to 50 back at Headstart as a Rogue and used Bard Ranger to AoE level. Back then it was good as you could pull lots of Mobs and keep chain pulling them.

Not sure if it is still viable now. Don't see why not.
    Someone said pets were bugged and take a ton of damage now, not sure if the bug's been fixed. The build I posted just uses the pet as additional dps and damage buffs for you as you kite around sideways trick shotting the hell outta everything.

Looking at the build, I think the points in Blood Rage, improved quick shot, and Opportunity would be better off in Enduring and someplace else appropriate. Pulled the build outta my *** and all that.
    Last edited by InferiOmega; 08-16-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Telaran

awesome, gonna try it out here in a bit to see whats up. thanks for the prompt response

Hunix - Mage

Den of Madness

car ran real gewd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hunix View Post
    awesome, gonna try it out here in a bit to see whats up. thanks for the prompt response

More importantly, let me know if it sucks balls.

Thanks. I might try it myself but I've been using single target BD/NB/RS variant that I came up with. If the ranger version is leet I might switch it over.

Hate having to rewrite all my macros. If I do try it and it works and the macros aren't obvious, I'll post them. My own rogue is 38 so I can actually have the pet, too.

Okay, just now realized that Blood Rage is totally appropriate whether you cast your own bleeds or not; The wolf and Raptor both have their own bleeds that they can maintain indefinitely, and the Raptor gets an AoE of its own that Blood Rage benefits greatly, so revise the advice above: Get blood rage. Make love to Blood Rage. Fondle Blood Rage. Name Blood Rage.

Grabbed two points in Prey on the Weak since that should ensure 100% uptime. Gonna throw together the new build and post it.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oc00kRkVz.Vhbh

Here it is. Blade and fury is out, too.
    Last edited by InferiOmega; 08-16-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Telaran

works ok, about as good as the others. can only pull like 3 at a time and health gets pretty low.

guess i just want the ease i had with other 3 classes on aoe grinding...guess rogue is gimped
    Hunix - Mage

Den of Madness

car ran real gewd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hunix View Post
    works ok, about as good as the others. can only pull like 3 at a time and health gets pretty low.

guess i just want the ease i had with other 3 classes on aoe grinding...guess rogue is gimped
    Your alternative is to just chain single target stuff together with blistering ST dps. I've noticed as my bladedancer/riftstalker/nightblade setup, the number of mobs on me is almost unimportant as long as I watch my health and float combo points without unloading them as necessary.

Made some revisions to the build, playing it may not be 100% intuitive, but if you get your aoe buffs up and know when to let combo points accumulate for Rift Scavenger procs it should still be pretty strong.

Otherwise you may want to grab the armor talent in Riftstalker instead of the Attack Power one and see if that helps any. Go super tanky with every talent that lets you (already kinda did this to a certain extent in the BD tree.).

Yeah, this build might be better later, right now it works best if you play it like a single target bd build and just have Trick Shot under Quick Strike and Keen Strike for those times where you have to break melee to kite.

To its credit it is pretty good at multiple ranges if you play it like a hybrid.

Might work better as a pure AoE build if you get Guarded Steel and False Blade up as your first finishers and maintain them.
    Last edited by InferiOmega; 08-16-2011 at 06:49 PM.

#show Trick Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Fire
    cast Crippling Shot
    cast Splinter Shot
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Trick Shot
    petcast Maul
    petcast Bite
    cast Reprisal
    cast Weapon Barrage

There's your primary macro. Give a pause after Crippling shot to get enough energy for Splinter shot.

#show Deadly Strike
    cast Deadly Strike
    cast Head Shot
    cast Reprisal
    cast Weapon Barrage

Frickin' edit window. >:O

Here's the finisher macro. You don't need to worry about always having Deadly Dance up at all times. Stuff reaches you, it dies.

+ Reply to Thread