+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nightblade - the Red headed melee stepchild of rogues

Default Nightblade - the Red headed melee stepchild of rogues

While I will not say that this spec that I have been fooling around with will come near sabdancer or the hoko spec, it's just fun in experts. No raid testing has been accomplished. My gear is plaque T2 gear, 577 AP / 725 Crit completely self-buffed (yes, ****ty).. 1 31.7dps dagger(new AS dagger made with augment), 1 29.2dps dagger(Blade of the Architect). Rune-Carved Bow for ranged.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...iItzhqgzos.V0o

I've considered going to 4/5 HR and 2/2 into Enhanced Weapon, not sure if that would boost dps or not.

Buffs
    -Hellfire Blades
    -Smoldering Blades
    -Predatory Instincts

My test on the dummy, over a series of 4 tests, yielded ~805dps. No one else was on the target, so no debuffs were up.

Scourge > Dusk to Dawn > Blazing is the finisher priority I used. After the initial opener, which I used Dark Malady > Puncture > FS > SoS > DtD, it was relatively easy to keep up.

I decided to post this because Nightblade has had the back seat for a number of patches, since the "Deadly Dance patch" and I wanted to bring it forward a bit more in hopes that a min/maxer would grab ahold of it and build a spec able to maintain competitive dps during experts/raids. I know and understand this will not beat out Sabdancer/Hoko, but I have hopes that a rogue using this will not get harassed purely based on his/her spec.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Plane Touched

My suggestion: pull a point from HR and put it into Flame Thrust. This will allow you to keep up your fiery stack when circumstances force you ranged.

As far as straight up dps goes, this spec is good and has been around for a while, but was marginalized when Deadly Dance was changed. The new changes they've made to assassin and nightblade weren't enough to compete with deadly dance, unfortunately. I'd be interested in seeing how this would scale on someone with t1 raid gear, but it's not going to compete with saboteur in a raid.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilterendi View Post
    While I will not say that this spec that I have been fooling around with will come near sabdancer or the hoko spec, it's just fun in experts. No raid testing has been accomplished. My gear is plaque T2 gear, 577 AP / 725 Crit completely self-buffed (yes, ****ty).. 1 31.7dps dagger(new AS dagger made with augment), 1 29.2dps dagger(Blade of the Architect). Rune-Carved Bow for ranged.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...iItzhqgzos.V0o

I've considered going to 4/5 HR and 2/2 into Enhanced Weapon, not sure if that would boost dps or not.

Buffs
    -Hellfire Blades
    -Smoldering Blades
    -Predatory Instincts

My test on the dummy, over a series of 4 tests, yielded ~805dps. No one else was on the target, so no debuffs were up.

Scourge > Dusk to Dawn > Blazing is the finisher priority I used. After the initial opener, which I used Dark Malady > Puncture > FS > SoS > DtD, it was relatively easy to keep up.

I decided to post this because Nightblade has had the back seat for a number of patches, since the "Deadly Dance patch" and I wanted to bring it forward a bit more in hopes that a min/maxer would grab ahold of it and build a spec able to maintain competitive dps during experts/raids. I know and understand this will not beat out Sabdancer/Hoko, but I have hopes that a rogue using this will not get harassed purely based on his/her spec.
    That spec was #1 DPS back at launch. old news buddy sorry.

It's like I'm really in march again!
    Calling it now, next week we'll have trispec rediscovered AGAIN.

(Gear)

Champion of Telara

Did you guys know that you can stick 6 points into Ranger for a 5% crit passive AND a 46 AP buff, even if you're a melee spec?

Soulwalker

Lol i tried to revive the spec before hand its not that good till u get ur synergy crystal cause ur off 200 dps from sabdanccer but once the crystal is up with 4 set dps is on same lvl as sabdancer

my forum post:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ightblade.html

build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...x0b.qItkhqgMos

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    Did you guys know that you can stick 6 points into Ranger for a 5% crit passive AND a 46 AP buff, even if you're a melee spec?
    what is this i don't even...

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    I did not, thanks for letting me know (^_^)v

+ Reply to Thread