+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 44 Sab - 3/3 Poison Potency vs 5/5 Blazing Fury

Shadowlander

Default 44 Sab - 3/3 Poison Potency vs 5/5 Blazing Fury

So generally 44 Sab (the ranged Sab spec) uses 44 Sab/20 Sin/2 NB.. but what I'm wondering, since at range you don't always get auto attacks when applying charges due to some stupid reason that ranged auto attacks don't always work while throwing charges like melee auto attacks do.

Wouldn't the build be more efficient if you took the 3 points out of Poison Potency as it's less likely to cause damage and put them into Blazing Fury, giving you an extra 15% damage to combo builders (your charges) all the time vs 6% in the standard build. Just something I ran across when observing the standard 44 Sab build, was hoping for some input on the subject.

Basically just wondering if 44/20/2 or 44/17/5 would pull higher numbers. Open to any thoughts or suggestions :3

Also wondering if maybe at least standing in melee for auto attacks (when possible) with ranged Sab to cause Serrated Blades procs and get poison damage would be better all around. I am still kinda new to the ranged Sab spec, but I assumed you were just supposed to stand and spam charges and detonate. :P

Quote Originally Posted by devour View Post
    So generally 44 Sab (the ranged Sab spec) uses 44 Sab/20 Sin/2 NB.. but what I'm wondering, since at range you don't always get auto attacks when applying charges due to some stupid reason that ranged auto attacks don't always work while throwing charges like melee auto attacks do.

Wouldn't the build be more efficient if you took the 3 points out of Poison Potency as it's less likely to cause damage and put them into Blazing Fury, giving you an extra 15% damage to combo builders (your charges) all the time vs 6% in the standard build. Just something I ran across when observing the standard 44 Sab build, was hoping for some input on the subject.

Basically just wondering if 44/20/2 or 44/17/5 would pull higher numbers. Open to any thoughts or suggestions :3

Also wondering if maybe at least standing in melee for auto attacks (when possible) with ranged Sab to cause Serrated Blades procs and get poison damage would be better all around. I am still kinda new to the ranged Sab spec, but I assumed you were just supposed to stand and spam charges and detonate. :P

how is it only 6% in the standard build?
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

Message me in the game if you want to chat...

As in 100000000000 Threads before....

Poisen Potency increases the DMG auf your spike charges by 15%....because spikes are like poison..so their is no need and its of course fatal to take out these 3 points..your spike charges do 30-40% of your overall DMG!

SO long Nynja

Germany

p.s.: Further more understanding....Blazing Fury increases the dmg caused by detonate...and not of the dots from spike and schrapnel!
    Last edited by Nynja; 08-16-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Shadowlander

Thanks for the info, didn't realize Poison Potency effected Spike Charge, I don't understand how Blazing Fury effects Detonates damage though as it says "Increases the damage of your Combo Point generating abiilities by X%"

2 NB? Should be 2 Ranger for the crit boost and so you can use your ranged weapon DPS for charge damage.

Actually Nynja...Poison Potency effects ALL sab charges. Not just Spike Charge.

Learn to Sab. It's been this way since beta 6 lol....
    Last edited by Sozu; 08-16-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

So why did trion put a red frame around the schrapnel dot and not a green one?? xD

I just wanted to underline on a concrete example why it is not allowed to take these 3 points away from PP sozu...

these guys are trolling you bro, poison doesnt help. spec nb instead. dont fall for the trap.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    2 NB? Should be 2 Ranger for the crit boost and so you can use your ranged weapon DPS for charge damage.
    This. NB is not ranged sab, Ranger is. Also charges are poison based. In pvp if you get charges on you you can cleanse them off you. It effects all your charges and its a huge boost.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Plane Touched

Here is what your ranged saboteur build should look like:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xkoR.0VMcxcb.M

As mentioned already:
    - Poison Potency's 15% bonus to poisons affects charge damage, due to their being classified as poisons. This change was made in beta and was intended.
    - You should be using Ranger for the 2 remaining points, not Nightblade. If you want to melee as a saboteur, use the sabdancer spec.
    Last edited by Caelan; 08-16-2011 at 04:57 PM.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

+ Reply to Thread