+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue DPS subpar?

Telaran

Default Rogue DPS subpar?

So, was running a raid last night in full T2 + crafted gear (the new Deathbringer set) and running Sozu's DPS ranger spec. Was only pulling around 790 dps. However, the mages in the group were pulling 1400, 1200, 1100. A cleric was pulling 950. I can understand why mages outdps a rogue, but why does a cleric? For that matter, I switched to my champ/paragon spec warrior who I rarely play and who is in barely T2 gear and was easily pulling 1200 dps without even trying. Why do rogues perform so much worse than clerics and warriors for PvE dps? It seems very shady.

First off: sozu is a subpar spec raid wise. You WILL do less damage than other people if you use ranged rogue. This is an acknowledged problem and needs a fix. If you play sabdancer or nightdancer you can pull 1300 easy.

Edit: although you shouldn't be that low. In fact you should be on par with the cleric at 1k. I suggest reviewing your spec rotation and gear.

Second it depends on your gear too (I know you mentioned the crafted gear but what about everything else?) Rogues (except bards and deep nightblades) scale much much better with crit over attack power.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-16-2011 at 10:31 AM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Empyron View Post
    So, was running a raid last night in full T2 + crafted gear (the new Deathbringer set) and running Sozu's DPS ranger spec. Was only pulling around 790 dps. However, the mages in the group were pulling 1400, 1200, 1100. A cleric was pulling 950. I can understand why mages outdps a rogue, but why does a cleric? For that matter, I switched to my champ/paragon spec warrior who I rarely play and who is in barely T2 gear and was easily pulling 1200 dps without even trying. Why do rogues perform so much worse than clerics and warriors for PvE dps? It seems very shady.
    My guess is that either:
    a) your rotation is wrong; or
    b) the parse did not include your pet dmg.

SaboDancer and Hoko both parse ~200-300 higher than Sozu.

I would have guessed that Sozu would have parsed ~950

what is your bow? if you have the full deathbringer set that means you have a t2.5 dagger and should be using sabdancer, with full t2 and your dagger you should be doing 1400-1500 dps on normal fights and 1600-1700+ on plutonus.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Telaran

My bow is Abyssal Musket... I do mostly have crit gear but probably not as high as I really would like to have. I don't think I have enough unbuffed crit to run a Sabdancer spec well... nor should rogues have to run 1 spec to beat out the 5-6 other dps specs of other classes...

Quote Originally Posted by Empyron View Post
    My bow is Abyssal Musket... I do mostly have crit gear but probably not as high as I really would like to have. I don't think I have enough unbuffed crit to run a Sabdancer spec well... nor should rogues have to run 1 spec to beat out the 5-6 other dps specs of other classes...
    at your gear lvl, sabdancer is the most, and with your parse, it is actually twice as good as what you are doing... you can complain all you want about the state of rogues right now, but if you want to do the most dps right now you will use sabdancer... there are enough threads of us complaining about the state of rogue, dont make another one.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

General of Telara

Go get two weapons of equal DPS and you can play BD oriented specs like Melee ranger :s and be about equal to Sabdancer.

I'm a little shocked you parse so low on single targets even w/ the Ranger build. Are you using Whetstones and such? I always used that build when I first raided Greenscale and my single target DPS held pretty consistent at 1200 DPS for the first 75% and I was full T2 with Rune Carved Bow. And uhm... tbh back then I didn't even know that whetstones affected ranged DPS so I didn't even use them. Push your macros faster? O_o;

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Vitto View Post
    Go get two weapons of equal DPS and you can play BD oriented specs like Melee ranger :s and be about equal to Sabdancer.
    Deathbringer in MH with Sabdancer is all he needs, but Melee Ranger won't be about equal to Sabdancer unless 10-15% less single target is your definition of "about".

+ Reply to Thread