+ Reply to Thread

Thread: best leveling spec.

Soulwalker

Default best leveling spec.

what the best leveling spec for a rogue.

Soulwalker

It is recommended to have Riftstalker as a secondary soul regardless, you can pretty much put anything you want besides that. I am running Riftstalker/Assasin which has some nice healing, you could run a Ranger next to it for a free pet. Something like this at level 26. From there just keep putting points in assasin and rifstalker, but as I said, do what you like, however the Rift Scavenger talent is recommended.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Direksone View Post
    It is recommended to have Riftstalker as a secondary soul regardless, you can pretty much put anything you want besides that. I am running Riftstalker/Assasin which has some nice healing, you could run a Ranger next to it for a free pet. Something like this at level 26. From there just keep putting points in assasin and rifstalker, but as I said, do what you like, however the Rift Scavenger talent is recommended.
    thats what I leveled as, was good fun (but many patches ago, so not sure how times have changed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

I suggest you look at the fixed topice and get the Ranger spec from there. It's really easy to level with it.

Champion of Telara

BEST LEVELING SPECS:

1. ASSASSIN / RANGER, BECAUSE THE PET TANKS AND YOU PEW PEW PEW PEWLAWL.

Comments: High DPS, low durability, but your pet tanks for you. 0pt Ranger viable until level 31 or so when the pet no longer tanks for you without heavy investment into Ranger.

2. BLADEDANCER / RIFTSTALKER / AS, BECAUSE BLADEDANCER TEARS THE **** OUT OF NPCS THAT ARE ATTACKING YOU.

Comments: Entirely viable at low and mid levels -- Reprisal alone (and DD) can carry the spec a good ways until you get the major counter-attack capabilities. Rift Scavenger makes you a grinding powerhouse. After level 30 or so, this build becomes godlike solo PvE annihilation. AS sub is great for Serrated, stealth, and poisons.

Bladedancer even has a +HIT talent that is VERY helpful sub-50.

Note: Any Riftstalker subspec with Rift Scavenger is viable. But Bladedancer demolishes mobs that are attacking you. Really. It's higher DPS by quite a huge margin compared to AS and NB, and better avoidance.

3. RANGER / BARD, BECAUSE YOU CAN KILL HARD STUFF

Comments: Slow killing spec, mainly exists to healtank a bigass elite that you want to solo because you like wasting time instead of killing legions of regular mobs with Bladedancer.
    Last edited by EasymodeX; 08-16-2011 at 09:56 AM.

As above but I went nightblade over Assassin for dark malady and the +15% damage basically across the board. Open with DM, toss interrupt in midair as you fly towards them with Flash of Steel, hit 5 combo points and Deadly Strike, then go into macro spam which is Precise > Quick > Keen order. Watch your health, if you start to drop go ahead and let CP stockpile on your target to proc Rift Scavenger, otherwise it's okay to finish a mob with Deadly Strike to speed up the next one.

+ Reply to Thread