+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HP Differences

Rift Disciple

Default HP Differences

I have an R5 Cleric that I don't play much anymore but when ranking up i never noticed the disparities in
    HP, probably because of having so much self healing.

Now that I am trying to rank up my Rogue and only R3 I seem to notice a huge difference in HP between classes. Is it just a gearing issue. I use a variety of T2 gear and R2 and R3 gear for some Valor. I lose quiet a bit of DPS with the low Rank PvP gear so I try not to put to much on but enough to get me around 15% DR from Valor and I keep my T2 weapons obviously. I just seem to notice everyone I fight seems to have way more HP then me.

Buffed in most WF's I'm running with about 4500 HP. Everyone I see has 6500+ most well into 7K. Even mages tend to have over 7K. I run a NB/MM/Inf. Is it just that big of a difference in gear or are we just that low of HP even in R6+ gear?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Orikx View Post
    I have an R5 Cleric that I don't play much anymore but when ranking up i never noticed the disparities in
    HP, probably because of having so much self healing.

Now that I am trying to rank up my Rogue and only R3 I seem to notice a huge difference in HP between classes. Is it just a gearing issue. I use a variety of T2 gear and R2 and R3 gear for some Valor. I lose quiet a bit of DPS with the low Rank PvP gear so I try not to put to much on but enough to get me around 15% DR from Valor and I keep my T2 weapons obviously. I just seem to notice everyone I fight seems to have way more HP then me.

Buffed in most WF's I'm running with about 4500 HP. Everyone I see has 6500+ most well into 7K. Even mages tend to have over 7K. I run a NB/MM/Inf. Is it just that big of a difference in gear or are we just that low of HP even in R6+ gear?
    Some of it is gear, other parts of it are roles.. the Mages with 7K hit points are chloro's. Most rogues are in the 5k Hitpoints area(R6 is probably closer to 5500-6000), warriors are closer to 6K with anything over 7k being some tank hybrid or a very well geared warrior.

But overall the main thing is the role being used. I've seem multiple R6+ warriors with only 5500ish HP.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeV View Post
    Some of it is gear, other parts of it are roles.. the Mages with 7K hit points are chloro's. Most rogues are in the 5k Hitpoints area(R6 is probably closer to 5500-6000), warriors are closer to 6K with anything over 7k being some tank hybrid or a very well geared warrior.

But overall the main thing is the role being used. I've seem multiple R6+ warriors with only 5500ish HP.
    R6 warriors sit at around 7500 in their dps specs, what game are you playing? or did you forget that most of them are already r7+ now and are only talking about the r1-r3 ones? a fresh 50 warrior has 5500hp from quest gear to give you a reference point, rogues dont reach that till r5.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

I must just be running into a lot of tank builds lately on my shard group. Like I said I never noticed it as much on my cleric but since I was usually healing I didn't pay as much attention.

Seems like as I look for targets in WF's they all seem to have 6K+ HP unless they have a pink energy bar. I'll have to pay more attention tonight and try to see what spec's they're are running.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    R6 warriors sit at around 7500 in their dps specs, what game are you playing? or did you forget that most of them are already r7+ now and are only talking about the r1-r3 ones? a fresh 50 warrior has 5500hp from quest gear to give you a reference point, rogues dont reach that till r5.
    I was wondering about that. I see these bastards chase me all over with a 2Hander and 7K+ HP and figured they had to be DPS's specd if they are using a 2Hander but know little about warriors,

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    Most warriors are R7? Maybe on your shard where none of them have lives, but on the shards I play on "most" of the warriors are R6 or less. Some of them are R7-R8. Maybe if you changed it to most of the elite warriors are R7 or R8, then yea I would agree with that... Most warriors running around don't have 7500 HP unless they are well geared or a tank of some sort. Not sure what point of mine you're arguing... saying an R6(which I consider well geared) has 7500 HP and I said that >7000 HP = well geared or tank.. so....
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

I find it difficult to inspect their gear between fearbombs.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeV View Post
    Most warriors are R7? Maybe on your shard where none of them have lives, but on the shards I play on "most" of the warriors are R6 or less. Some of them are R7-R8. Maybe if you changed it to most of the elite warriors are R7 or R8, then yea I would agree with that... Most warriors running around don't have 7500 HP unless they are well geared or a tank of some sort. Not sure what point of mine you're arguing... saying an R6(which I consider well geared) has 7500 HP and I said that >7000 HP = well geared or tank.. so....

I'm on Sunrest Shard as well so I guess that would make sense that I experience the same thing as Hoko.

Maybe I should transfer shards to Rank up. :P

Banned

Yea something needs to be done about the HP difference. Theres really no reason why Warriors should have more HP when they already do more damage and have like 3 charges to close the gap. If you ever try to kill a cleric tank hybrid 1v1 its freaking impossible for a rogue with damage reduction, healing and HP difference.

+ Reply to Thread