+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nightblade - PvE anyone?

Soulwalker

Default Nightblade - PvE anyone?

So does anyone play as a Nightblade. I am looking around for builds that seem fun, yes Sabdancer>all, but I don't want something everyone has, I want something fun! Nightblade and Assasin seem fun, does anyone play as a Nightblade or Assasin in PvE endgame?

I have seen the build in the rogue bible, but I am also coming across several Nightblade builds and I was wondering if anyone has any that is of value.

Thanks!

I play 51ass/10nb/5ranger in everything. I hate saboteur and I love assassin. People can deal with me doing 50less dps than the "best spec"..

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    I play 51ass/10nb/5ranger in everything. I hate saboteur and I love assassin. People can deal with me doing 50less dps than the "best spec"..
    That spec won't be within 50 DPS of Sabdancer. Probably barely within 500 DPS of sabdancer. I mean have fun and everything, but don't pretend 51 sin is competitive in PvE.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 08-16-2011 at 02:52 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    That spec won't be within 50 DPS of Sabdancer. Probably barely within 500 DPS of sabdancer. I mean have fun and everything, but don't pretend 51 sin is competitive in PvE.
    Very cute of you to bash his specc, perhaps he does pull off great DPS, regardless that isn't what I asked. I asked for a viable Nightblade build.

Champion of Telara

Does not compute.

Plane Touched

bah wrong thread
    Last edited by kdps; 08-16-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...os.0VRcxob.V0z

This is a Nightblade specc that i am gonna try out when i hit lvl 50.
    i think it looks decent and fun not quite sure about the rotation yet. but i will figure that out by the time im 50 i think ;) unless someone at the forum can help me out

Oh and if someone of you guys find anything that is rly wrong with this specc lemme know

Champion of Telara

Nightblade primaries are 400 DPS behind the leading specs for single target.

I'm not gonna look at your link, but make sure you have:

5/5 LF
    4/5 HR
    Unstable > F&D > Builders > Finishers
    DTD, SOD, EF, TF

Rest is fluff.
    Last edited by EasymodeX; 08-16-2011 at 10:04 AM.

nightblade has been dead for pve since the re-work of the bladedancer soul.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourtyfour View Post
    nightblade has been dead for pve since the re-work of the bladedancer soul.
    Hmm really? That's a shame. So all there is PvE wise is Bladedancer/Sabdancer, melee wise, right? Such a shame.. Not even a hybrid specc that involves Nightblade is worth it?

Champion of Telara

BD / AS / NB is viable. Basically a standard BD setup while maintaining FS.

Does less DPS than Sab/BD and RA/BD, but it has some useful survival skills -- F&D Attunement and Twilight Shelter.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post

Does less DPS than Sab/BD and RA/BD, but it has some useful survival skills -- F&D Attunement and Twilight Shelter.
    And how would that specc look, something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post

I was wondering if anyone was able to test out how much of a difference the Nightstalker (xx% more damage for certain abilities if the target is under 30% HP) passive ability is in the Nightblade tree.
    <Retired>

I posted this in another thread awhile back:

The most common Nightdancer is 27bd/20nb/19sin where your buffs are Hellfire/Smoldering and rotation is:

Fiery - Dusk - Backstab - Keen - Deadly - Fiery - Precision - Punc - Deadly

and your AoE is: Fiery Chains - Weapon Flare spam

You can get a variant with Scourge in it where its the same but you're using Scourge of Darkness whenever possible. You can drop something to get Flash of Steel

Deep Nightblade is fairly new with the Nightrage buff. You basically have to use Dusk to Dawn every time it's up and use Blazing Strike as a finisher. I've been tinkering with it, and this build is what I came up with this monstrosity of a rotation:

Opener: Dusk to Dawn -> Scourge of Darkness -> Fiery

Dusk - Backstab - Keen - Blazing - Puncture - Twilight Force - (any basic 1 pointer) - Blazing - Precision - Keen - Quick Strike - Blazing

where you should use Scourge of Darkness -> Fiery in place of Blazing whenever possible.

The reason I had to make up such a long rotation is because Blazing with Lingering Flame applies 1 combo point when you use it (when Fiery is on the target), so it makes the Nightblade rotation too fast to keep up with 2pointer cooldowns, which forces you to spread out your 2pointers in order to waste no cooldown. Of course, you can also drop the bladedancer and go deeper into nightblade and use only 2 2cps for a smaller rotation. I haven't been interested enough in nightblade to test more thoroughly (because I absolutely detest using Dusk to Dawn)
    As for Nightstalker, there's really no viable way to test how much of an actual dps increase it is due to so many variables (like how long the enemy is under 30%) other than saying below 30% damage, your damage will be 30% higher
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-16-2011 at 12:57 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    I posted this in another thread awhile back:

As for Nightstalker, there's really no viable way to test how much of an actual dps increase it is due to so many variables (like how long the enemy is under 30%) other than saying below 30% damage, your damage will be 30% higher
    Actually there is sort of. for 30% of the mobs life (time) you do 30% more dmg with Blazing strike, flame thrust, twilight force and dusk strike.
    0.3*0.3=0.09 so 9% increase for those particular abilities over the coarse of a fight. That doesnt factor in other % increase branches but its as accurate as you're gonna get without actual testing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast