+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greater Razorbeast - Dying to low level mobs.

Default Greater Razorbeast - Dying to low level mobs.

I would like to ask if anyone else has noticed the lack of 'beast' in our Greater Razorbeast. For the last three days mine has been having trouble handling an extra add while I am dpsing.
    While in Scarwood Reach he died twice to a level 34 mob, while I was on the second. This has never happened.

I am level 50 and have been playing this Soul since release, changing to Sozu's build when he added it to these forums, Ranger/Marksman/Assassin. I know when something is not right and this is definitely not right. I have no numbers to bring to this topic, just that my Greater pet is not capable of handling lower level mobs any more.
    While in Shimmersand today I am having to recall him almost every fight if I get one extra add. Has anyone else noticed this problem of late?

Healing the pet is not part of this discussion, as this is an obvious first question.

I would appreciate if those who have something to say here would be constructive and helpful.
    "Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Ghandi

Telaran

Pets are apparently bugged with the Mote debuff ATM making them take increased damage. According to responses from petitions some have gotten, devs are aware and working to fix the issue. Until then, probably just best to steer clear of pet-reliant builds.

Thank you for this information. I did not want to create a petition until I had some firm feedback on what the problem could possibly be. Now I know,

Thanks
    "Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Ghandi

Rift Disciple

Hm, then is this a random bug that permanently (and hidden) debuffs a pet skill? I don't notice a debuff on the pig and the greater pig, on just this one Rogue alt, is the only pet that I have problems with. Also, it doesn't matter if I am around a Mote or not, or if I've attacked a Mote yet that session or not.

Thanks for the reply, I've been using my dog in place of the pig, its fine for questing, but handling adds is problematic and its screwed me from taking a Rift to Stage 5 now.

edit: also I did put in a bug about it before I made this post, but of course I'll not hear back any reply on it.
    Last edited by Pandalerium; 08-16-2011 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandalerium View Post
    Hm, then is this a random bug that permanently (and hidden) debuffs a pet skill? I don't notice a debuff on the pig and the greater pig, on just this one Rogue alt, is the only pet that I have problems with. Also, it doesn't matter if I am around a Mote or not, or if I've attacked a Mote yet that session or not.

Thanks for the reply, I've been using my dog in place of the pig, its fine for questing, but handling adds is problematic and its screwed me from taking a Rift to Stage 5 now.

edit: also I did put in a bug about it before I made this post, but of course I'll not hear back any reply on it.

Perhaps you might want to put in a petition instead of a bug report to verify that there is indeed a problem and if it is related to the Motes. I did not, instead came here because in general most players who read this forum would have some knowledge on what is going on.

I too find that no matter where or what I am doing my pet simply is not himself
    Last edited by Josaline; 08-16-2011 at 03:04 AM. Reason: corrections

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Josaline View Post
    Perhaps you might want to put in a petition instead of a bug report to verify that there is indeed a problem and if it is related to the Motes. I did not, instead came here because in general most players who read this forum would have some knowledge on what is going on.

I too find that no matter where or what I am doing my pet simply is not himself
    Hm, good idea. I'd asked in game, wasn't even any Rangers on in my level range, so I decided to come check here, saw nothing, decided to make a post. I'll put in a petition a bit later today. If you put in a petition, please post your response here, as I will too. I like "Flearoy" well enough, but I miss the reliability of "Pigglesworth".

Rift Disciple

The only thing I have noticed is my GRB AKA Begginstrips is that now or earlier he had trouble taking hits. For a tank hold aggro pet he gets hit pretty hard. Also my Blood Raptor AKA Gir doesn't dodge AE very well. I wish at least in this case follow WoW and add some kinda passive non talent to reduce aoe dmg or it just misses them. My poor raptor dies cause he moves too much or to damn slow to retreat.

I suppose it's stating the obvious, but did you train after changing to the Sozu build ?

I was just about to write a post about this. Glad someone beat me to it. Hopefully they will revert this pet
    back to the way it was because as of now it's basically useless.

Soulwalker

This came to my attention on my Misspiggy about 3 days ago, after she hit a dragon mote, she is the only of my ranger pets with the disease... you will notice it as a debuff under your pets health bar... along with the stacks. Nothing removes it if you're unfortunate enough to be 50, apparently lower levels can train out of it. I've done everything, resetting respeccing, dying, killing pig (which isn't too hard atm), reloading game, apparently others have tried to pvp out of it by having others remove buffs, so far no solution. The ticket I sent said Q and A were aware of the issue, but as yet have no solution, thanks for playing rift and enjoy your stay in Telara

+ Reply to Thread