+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger - Late 20's Greater Razorbeast is squishy?

Rift Disciple

Default Ranger - Late 20's Greater Razorbeast is squishy?

I'm having a problem on a late 20's Ranger (not my first, I'm leveling several Rogues) that I did not have before on my other Ranger (higher level).

The problem is that the GRB is squishy, combat log shows its taking 2-3x the damage it should be, or that I take. I just noticed the piggie was starting to die really fast a couple of days ago, after the last hotfix, think my Ranger was level 28, maybe 27 (its just an alt I play around with now and then).

I've done some extensive testing, and tbh, the GDW is the better "tank" right now, it takes normal damage, but of course can't hold aggro like the piggie. I'm running the standard 25 point Ranger / 9 point Bard spec and the pig is just getting ****smacked by green con NPCs in the lower 20's. I tried a Stage 5 Rift boss, level 23 and the pig was literally 1-shot (according to my combat log, maybe 2-shot, but still...)

Anyway, my point here is asking if any other level 29ish Rangers are seeing this same issue? I thought maybe I messed up on spec or forgot to train something, but I've TRIPLE checked and everything seems just fine... except my piggie is a wuss.

Plane Touched

I assume you trained your pet skill up at 26? It should always tank better than the direwolf at equal levels.

That being said, late 20s is around the time you could benefit by switching to the bd/asn/rift leveling hybrid, which is far faster at killing mobs than a ranger/bard hybrid (unless you just want to play ranger ).
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

Default Level 50

I am going to respond to this thread but if the OP does not mind, create a new one afterwards.

You are right, there is something wrong with the Greater Razorbeast. Mine is dying with only two adds which usually he could handle with no problem at all. I am level 50 thus so is the pet. Last night helping a friend level 33 mobs were killing it.
    "Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Ghandi

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

The pig is Trion's clever metaphor for rogue tanks in raids.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 08-16-2011 at 02:54 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Caelan View Post
    I assume you trained your pet skill up at 26? It should always tank better than the direwolf at equal levels.
    I mentioned that in my last line, but I had to re-read it a few times myself, thought I'd forgotten to mention that. This isn't my first or only Rogue. Something is wrong with Pigglesworth, he's just not "right". Greens are cutting through his health bar like butter. Its the only pet out of all of my toons that I've noticed a problem like this with.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelan View Post
    That being said, late 20s is around the time you could benefit by switching to the bd/asn/rift leveling hybrid, which is far faster at killing mobs than a ranger/bard hybrid (unless you just want to play ranger ).
    My usual Rogue leveler build is a Ranger/MM/Bard (25/xx/9) build, it just works best for me right out of the toon creator, it has survivability and the DPS grows better with each level post-25. But for now, I've fallen back to my "Bladestalker" leveling build (aka BD/RS/Asn), but I don't like not having my ranged rift boss/elite build available when I need it. I had to get creative with a Major rift earlier today using the melee build... it wasn't pretty, but sure was lively until someone (necro) showed up with a pet that could actually take aggro and hits.

I like the Bladestalker leveler, and always have it on a Role for all my Rogues, but it only starts to become useful about level 26, so its still a bit weak even at 29-30.

Rift Disciple

wow, just missed the edit timer. I'm following up on this issue in this other thread. It seems like its a random issue that they're aware of, but I'm going to double check later with a petition of my own.

+ Reply to Thread