+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 94
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: How do I kill riftblades?

  1. #1
    Banned Shadowprison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Haida Gwaii
    Posts
    1,698

    Default How do I kill riftblades?

    None of My specs work against them.

    They hit me back for 50% of my finisher damage if I crit them...

    If I bleed them they block heal off my bleeds...

    They lolwalk whenever I try to kite them...


    They take basically no damage subbed into pally and VK...


    What can I do to even kill one...

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Ninjahax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Warriors can be killed?

  3. #3
    Banned Shadowprison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Haida Gwaii
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Warriors can be killed?
    Dunno. I just look for purple bars in large scrums.

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Ninjahax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Honestly though, if you see a RB you're better off not engaging. Get to know what Avatar of the Rift's icon looks like. If you melee a warrior with that buff you will literally kill yourself. For that reason your best bet is probably a 44 MM spec. Eradicate his buffs and try to kite him. Note: you cannot actually kite a Riftblade.

  5. #5
    Era
    Era is offline
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Honestly though, if you see a RB you're better off not engaging. Get to know what Avatar of the Rift's icon looks like. If you melee a warrior with that buff you will literally kill yourself. For that reason your best bet is probably a 44 MM spec. Eradicate his buffs and try to kite him. Note: you cannot actually kite a Riftblade.
    You can't really kite in a group situation anyway with all those snares flying around...at least for long when someone catches you.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Don't wear red. Riftblades charge whenever they see the color red.

    God have mercy on your soul.

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Ninjahax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    You can't really kite in a group situation anyway with all those snares flying around...at least for long when someone catches you.
    Haha yeah. Well, with On the Double/Getaway you have a fighting chance.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    You can't! My p2 friend destroys my p6 rogue on any spec when he uses sword and board 51 riftblade.

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara Raiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sanctum
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    This is all lies...Warriors got nerfed mega hard remember? They can only 3 hit me now!
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

  10. #10
    Champion TiberiusMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Warriors are fine, this is all fine, it's fine it's all fine, they are fine everyone is fine it's okay they are fine, we're fine it's okay it's all fine.

    Honestly, I got so bored in PVP looking for other Rogues to kill in a group of 5 warriors, 3 mages and 2 clerics tonight, that I came this close to a silent rage quit. First warrior to charge me killed me before the stun wore off.

    This is hardly my first MMO, I know the deal, I know how it works, I've played underpowered classes and overpowered classes but the gap between warriors and rogues (and my god, you should check out the warrior forum sometime, the whine is just unbelievable) has just got to the point where I think I'd rather just give Bioware my money.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusMonkey View Post
    Warriors are fine, this is all fine, it's fine it's all fine, they are fine everyone is fine it's okay they are fine, we're fine it's okay it's all fine.

    Honestly, I got so bored in PVP looking for other Rogues to kill in a group of 5 warriors, 3 mages and 2 clerics tonight, that I came this close to a silent rage quit. First warrior to charge me killed me before the stun wore off.

    This is hardly my first MMO, I know the deal, I know how it works, I've played underpowered classes and overpowered classes but the gap between warriors and rogues (and my god, you should check out the warrior forum sometime, the whine is just unbelievable) has just got to the point where I think I'd rather just give Bioware my money.
    Fun, I've never looked there.

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusMonkey View Post
    Warriors are fine, this is all fine, it's fine it's all fine, they are fine everyone is fine it's okay they are fine, we're fine it's okay it's all fine.

    Honestly, I got so bored in PVP looking for other Rogues to kill in a group of 5 warriors, 3 mages and 2 clerics tonight, that I came this close to a silent rage quit. First warrior to charge me killed me before the stun wore off.

    This is hardly my first MMO, I know the deal, I know how it works, I've played underpowered classes and overpowered classes but the gap between warriors and rogues (and my god, you should check out the warrior forum sometime, the whine is just unbelievable) has just got to the point where I think I'd rather just give Bioware my money.
    Oh the plan all along was to give Bioware my money

    I quit too. Quit because I hate PVE raiding with Sabdancer (the only competitive spec); quit PVP because of warriors.

    Been playing MMO's since Everquest 1 and this game recently has been the epitome of not having fun.

    I seriously can't wait for SWTOR. I hope Bioware doesn't **** it up though.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched Ilterendi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaaji1359 View Post
    Oh the plan all along was to give Bioware my money

    I quit too. Quit because I hate PVE raiding with Sabdancer (the only competitive spec); quit PVP because of warriors.

    Been playing MMO's since Everquest 1 and this game recently has been the epitome of not having fun.

    I seriously can't wait for SWTOR. I hope Lucas Arts doesn't **** it up though.
    **Fixed
    &

    I canceled my sub just before 1.3 hit. I've played since Beta 3. I've played multiple MMOs and I've got to say, the level of advertisement(false and otherwise) for Rift was insane. But now, they can't live up to their own hype, the game is generally unfun. I'm not looking for lolfreeepicslol, but the amount of grinding the same smelling **** over and over to get some gear is redundant and very overused. I will continue to hope Trion will wake the f up and fix these (and other issues) prior to the release of ToR/GW2 and whichever other MMO suites someone's fancy, because let's face it, in the world of MMOs competition is key. Don't believe me? Take a gander at WoW. They made the big times, 12million subscribers(gold farmers/hackers included) and started to rest on their laurels, now that game has become a Charlie Foxtrot from what it used to be.

    Cater to weak whiney players and you start to build a weak and bland game. Learn from Blizzard, don't follow them.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer Gyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,009

    Default

    In my experience you don't kill a Riftblade, they just kill you and all of your friends, while posting on the forums that they have been dealt an unacceptable nerf. They will be buffed again soon so they will just shut up and kill more people.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser Sir Sowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Don't play sin, learn everything there is to know about your class, fight an equally geared warrior. You win (or die and kill him with the flame thrust you cast before you died xD, I think you know what happened :P)

    Just keep in mind that the game isn't balanced around 1v1, still the rogue can kill them with some magic damage or armor penetration.

    I'd say either NB or Sab for the generic warrior.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts