+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: How do I kill riftblades?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sowl View Post
    Don't play sin, learn everything there is to know about your class, fight an equally geared warrior. You win (or die and kill him with the flame thrust you cast before you died xD, I think you know what happened :P)

Just keep in mind that the game isn't balanced around 1v1, still the rogue can kill them with some magic damage or armor penetration.

I'd say either NB or Sab for the generic warrior.
    I've finally beaten some Riftblades! But I had to blow my 1 defensive cool down.

The one tip I can give for this is make sure you are at max range, all of their charges/ports are 20M. Currently it is impossible to kite them because of Earth Burst being broken (our break free and on the double cannot remove the snare, but apparently it can be cleansed off, I haven't tried cleanse soul yet though).

They are a really hard spec to beat, but it can be done. Magic damage can get through their armor though, Scourge of Darkness always hits them at full damage when I'm up against one, so if you have that then I'd suggest getting that buff up asap.

I can imagine a deep NB defeating one, just because of the defensive cooldowns, and good ranged/melee damage it can produce.

I'll continue to duel riftblades as much as I can to get more tips and tricks for them. I can beat a rank 6 RB easily now, even toe to toe! Rank 8's are on my even playing field so I'll play against them when I can.

Hope any of this info helped!

*edit - post any other classes you're having trouble with, I would love to help out with some tips and tricks that I've picked up along the way. Like Sowl said though, 1 v 1 its very hard to find the balance, but lil info that can help goes a long way.
    Last edited by Tigruz; 08-15-2011 at 11:14 PM.
    <Retired>

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    I'll continue to duel riftblades as much as I can to get more tips and tricks for them. I can beat a rank 6 RB easily now, even toe to toe! Rank 8's are on my even playing field so I'll play against them when I can.
    I have trouble believing these Riftblades were geared properly, I'm not trying to bash you or say you didn't kill one but they can slot a trinket that will heal them for around 2000 over 8 seconds, that slotted with Paladin makes them pretty unkillable for any Rogue class right now. They can't be kited, they can't be bled (they block bleeds and heal over them) and with their heals they outlast all 3 Nightblade defence cooldowns, to even hit one that's geared correctly you need around 120 To Hit, the PVE stat, to beat their parry cap (they'll still block, their STR is better for their defence stats than DEX is for our dodge, which they will also do).

A Riftblade is not the same thing as a Riftblade/Paladin which is basically their new FotM and is mostly unkillable for a Rogue, I'm not saying you can't do it (I've done it) but it will still pretty much do everything you can do, only better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    In my experience you don't kill a Riftblade, they just kill you and all of your friends, while posting on the forums that they have been dealt an unacceptable nerf. They will be buffed again soon so they will just shut up and kill more people.
    That's pretty much a good sum up of the Warrior forum, it's pretty comical there.
    Last edited by TiberiusMonkey; 08-16-2011 at 01:09 AM.

warriors are nerfed what are you talking about? theres a lot of discussion about how warriors are bad in pvp now in the warrior forums.

Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusMonkey View Post
    I have trouble believing these Riftblades were geared properly, I'm not trying to bash you or say you didn't kill one but they can slot a trinket that will heal them for around 2000 over 8 seconds, that slotted with Paladin makes them pretty unkillable for any Rogue class right now. They can't be kited, they can't be bled (they block bleeds and heal over them) and with their heals they outlast all 3 Nightblade defence cooldowns, to even hit one that's geared correctly you need around 120 To Hit, the PVE stat, to beat their parry cap (they'll still block, their STR is better for their defence stats than DEX is for our dodge, which they will also do).

A Riftblade is not the same thing as a Riftblade/Paladin which is basically their new FotM and is mostly unkillable for a Rogue, I'm not saying you can't do it (I've done it) but it will still pretty much do everything you can do, only better.

That's pretty much a good sum up of the Warrior forum, it's pretty comical there.
    One was fully geared R8 and another was fully geared R6, both had relic weapons.

Its really really hard to do it, but it can be done.
    <Retired>

this rb build has been around since beta, its old. lol.

Shadowlander

Its ok the Riftblade in full R8 gear still get storm called for 4100. At ps 5 gear my warrior gets hit for all most 6. I have a PS 5 rogue and i think a PS 2 warrior would smoke him. Magies drop warriors like they drop rogues so its pretty much the same and neither can kill a cleric. So why ***** about the warrior?

All i can say is GW2 out yet.... I have been waiting
    Last edited by NummyJammers; 08-16-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    None of My specs work against them.

They hit me back for 50% of my finisher damage if I crit them...

If I bleed them they block heal off my bleeds...

They lolwalk whenever I try to kite them...

They take basically no damage subbed into pally and VK...

What can I do to even kill one...
    http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/2..._hZ5oD-L-2.jpg

General of Telara

Funny that the solution to every FoTM Warrior spec is to stay at max range :P

Shadowlander

Why do rogues have to kill warriors, let the mages/cabbys kill the warriors while you work down clerics and mages.

You dont have to kill every type of class...

Plane Touched

One of the biggest problem with riftblade is avatar of rift.i have only seen this go from 51 point to 35 when i come out of stealth due to that buff we have in the sin tree.
    The problem is valor does not negate this damage shield.
    Since the riftbade is probabily using a shield you are hiting him for less off you serrated blades procs autoattacks and such and you kill yourself just hitting him.

I once attack a 51 afk riftblade and before i killed him my life was down to 24 percent.

I have raisied a few posts about these overpowered damage shield type buffs.
    Avatar of the rift and warlock armor.

Basically the warrior is a lazy easymode soul to play, i know because i play one in the 40's
    i wreck people with shield and one hander with pally champ and para.
    you just macro all you abilites to one or 2 buttons and smash away with victory.

Also recently they buffed 51 riftblade to even increase burst damage by 65 percent.
    Honestly i don't know if the dev's play their own classes or not.

The warrior class takes no skill to play , you can copy some macros and a build off the forums and any noob will just do fine, due to the fact warriors are overpowered in so many of their callings.

Goodluck, unless you can kite em or gank em when they close on health don't even bothering soloing one .

Rift Disciple

None of My specs work against them.

If I bleed them they block heal off my bleeds...

They take basically no damage subbed into pally and VK...

What can I do to even kill one...
    There is pretty much nothing that you can do against that spec until they make the damage reflects have an internal cooldown.
    Whitejackale
    <Iconic Fatality>

Quote Originally Posted by deathjackal View Post
    There is pretty much nothing except playing 44MM and running awaythat you can do against that spec until they make the damage reflects have an internal cooldown.
    Fixed it for you.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Dunno. I just look for purple bars in large scrums.
    That's my trick.

Damn...cat is out of the bag now.

no, they dont. the ability you are reffering too (burning blood) deals damage back to you based on the RBs str when you crit. if you crit them for 50 or crit them for 5000, it'll hit you for the same amount of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by deathjackal View Post
    There is pretty much nothing that you can do against that spec until they make the damage reflects have an internal cooldown.
    how many reflects do you think they have?
    there are a number of them available throughout a few warrior souls, but most are high in their trees.
    the most common rb spec has one (this is the spec you've called 'a cheese spec')
    a craftable shield has another, also a rune has a laughable dot version.
    51 RB has the best, but wont have any from other souls (it will still have burning blood, though). 51RB avatar of the rift can also be eradicated.

the planar blade buff resets riftwalks cooldown on crit. eradicate is once again your friend here. with that buff removed the RB becomes kitable and also power starved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    no, they dont. the ability you are reffering too (burning blood) deals damage back to you based on the RBs str when you crit. if you crit them for 50 or crit them for 5000, it'll hit you for the same amount of damage.

how many reflects do you think they have?
    there are a number of them available throughout a few warrior souls, but most are high in their trees.
    the most common rb spec has one (this is the spec you've called 'a cheese spec')
    a craftable shield has another, also a rune has a laughable dot version.
    51 RB has the best, but wont have any from other souls (it will still have burning blood, though). 51RB avatar of the rift can also be eradicated.

the planar blade buff resets riftwalks cooldown on crit. eradicate is once again your friend here. with that buff removed the RB becomes kitable and also power starved.
    Finisher Crits for 400.

Burning blood hits for 200-220.

Joy.

We aren't all 44 MM, and that build... Will asplode in 2 GCDs to a riftblade. Especially if you are tagged with surge.

And no, AotR cannot be purged. They can always reapply the buffs.

Kiting is nice in theory, but doesn't work. You run into other players, mobs, rocks, or walls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast