+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Fiskerton

Thread: Sharpshooter 3 points of worthlessness tree points for Marksman spec

Soulwalker

Default Sharpshooter 3 points of worthlessness tree points for Marksman spec

Who else thinks this is a waste of developers IQ ?. okay for T2's you need 100 hit with a ranged spec and 3 points in Sharpshooter you now need ... TADA !! 98. Oh man what a l33t skill for my points !! GSB.. again Sharpshooter lowers it from 200 to .... OMG !! 195 .. Woohoo. Just wait folks there's more !! HK now needs 300, but wait, no worries if you are using MM build you only need ( wait for it ) .. That's right !! Not with leets r us you only need 292 !!

again Marksman was origibally a petless dps spec that was to serve a dual pve/pvp mode. Although minor improvements have occured it's only a pvp spec that adds to main ranger specs. It is really sold as a petless High dps, escape /evade spec that quite literally got a revamp post beta 7 that made it useless.

I started this post so dev's would take a look and really make this spec a main thats not for high burst pvp only. I've ground out about 20p with 15-20 specs and tweeks over last month just to fail as DPS dives like a gold medalist to the bottom. Yeah I start out Hammering a target dummy like a roid rage warrior, then I start lobbing fluffy kitten DPS for 2 minutes while Imp hit and run is on CD.

Another issue I have is Strafe is not user friendly. It gets cut off and any power use. I've tried macro'ing it. Watch the CD and if I double tap the key Strafe fire 1-2 shot goes on CD and next thing in macro fires. In simple term this needs a fix. It's a DPS loss to use it macro'd

Another is Barbed shot it's a instant cast but a 6 second effect. again worthless to macro. Needs a CD and possible bigger effect to match the CD.

Dead Eye Shot shorten cast time by .5 seconds. make it worth using. or make a insta cast with say a 20 second CD. Makes it macroable finisher to tie in with Hasted Shot as a spammer and Rapid Fire as a Burster.

Also on last thing Can we get a camoflage for this build 30 second timer and auto crits for say 3 seconds after popping out of it with a stun !! Gimme a 1 minute non combat CD on it !! That would make MM cool !

Plz dev's make MM a better all around spec. Not a steriod impact with starving durability dps. 3.5k for 5 secs is wicked but 2 minutes later you are sucking air at 6 or 7 hundred sustained.

I thought you had a very good point on sharpshooter in that Trion should revamp useless talents but then you started spouting "I want everything easymode" and I just lost interest. Sorry
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Rift Disciple

isnt 5 hit-rating = 1% hit?
    So with 3% range-hit you get 15 hitrating.
    okay, its not as valuable as 1% crit per talent-point which is worth a lot more points of rating, but when you start HK and are just a bit short of 300 rating it will get you to there without need to change your dex runes to hit runes.

Plane Touched

You actually need 320 hit to avoid being dodged/parried. The more you know
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

Quote Originally Posted by Almornik View Post
    isnt 5 hit-rating = 1% hit?
    So with 3% range-hit you get 15 hitrating.
    okay, its not as valuable as 1% crit per talent-point which is worth a lot more points of rating, but when you start HK and are just a bit short of 300 rating it will get you to there without need to change your dex runes to hit runes.

Pretty much this. Having to switch your Dex runes to Hit runes has a noticeable impact on your DPS since you will be losing both AP and Crit in equal measure and it impacts your survivability due to you losing dodge too.

Bladedancer also has a +Hit talent that gives +25 in total which is a significant chunk.

Not optimal in a spec does not equal not useless. Sometimes those hit talents will let you switch to a +Dex rune in an item slot or equip a weapon, necklace or ring with lower hit but better DPS stats
    Lilisette High Elven Rogue - Argent EU | Laretha: High Elven Cleric - Argent EU
    Rahal: High Elven Warrior - Argent EU | Lilaeath: High Elven Mage - Argent EU
    If any fellow Roleplayers want to meet up to RP, let me know.

+ Reply to Thread