+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Highest Ranged (Bow-based) Spec?

Soulwalker

Default Highest Ranged (Bow-based) Spec?

I'm in mixed T3 (boots, hat, belt, 2x GSB weps) and pull more than enough DPS in sabdancer.

Thing is, I hate sabdancer.

I've run every DPS spec I can find with ranger/mm in it, and I can barely pull 1k using T2 bow or the new Gedlo Dragon-Hunter bow. I've even got the +100 AP (50 Inscribed) essence. In the "Sozu" spec, I max out at about 800, with maybe an additional 150-250 from the pet.

Is there really no Ranged spec that comes within 400 dps of Sabdancer? I can easily pull 300 or 400 more using Sabdancer than any ranged spec I can find?

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

The best ranged spec is the ranger, marks, assassin mix. None are very competitive.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

Soulwalker

Rayne:

I've already mentioned the "Sozu" spec. Nothing beats it?

Sabdancer seems to be the highest DPS
    "All we had to do was follow the damn train CJ"

The only other build I think is the Hoku one but still requires you to run in melee. So for a fully blown range build, it's Sozu. Even Sabdancer requires the run in and you never shoot the bow.

I kind of feel your frustration though. I'd like to use the Gedlo bow to just watch it, but it doesn't hold up. However, I did notice that Gedlo does proc when doing Sabdancer. So, you still get a chance to get the 10 second 90 AP bonus. I also estimated that it proc probably around 15% of the time, so there's a decent chance you'll get it rolling if you keep your detonates within 10 seconds of each other.
    It is only the dead who have seen the end of war. - Plato

Do you mean max out 800 on dummy?
    Because in your gear and with the AP essence in Sozu's spec, you should running around 1200-1300 dps, raid buffed and all that.

I have just a little more gear than you, AP focus + AP ranger essence for that spec and get the above numbers. Not spectacular but when you do need raid range dps, they serve.

Otherwise, just be bored and happy with the 44/20/2 sabo build, it is, after all, a ranged spec ;)

General of Telara

The ranger build is easily the highest ranged single target we can do. Ranged Sab is typically ~100 DPS behind in my case but has better AoE in certain instances (adds w/ enough HP)

+ Reply to Thread