+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: SabDancer in PvP...Give us something else, Trion

  1. #1
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default SabDancer in PvP...Give us something else, Trion

    http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...wStuffUp-1.png
    That pretty much sums up sabdancer in PvP. The spec is a smaller variation of sabdancer without spike charge, but with Flash of Steel. 5 Blast charges practically one-shot a mage, and if they have no valor...Bye.

    5 Roles..Sabdancer for PvP, Sabdancer for PvE, Tank, Bard. Lol

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Ok, so what spec is this?

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Forgive me if I'm wrong but....

    Your actual DMG in the warfront seems lower than basically everyone else...

    Looks to me like you're just KSing with detonate, which I can do in my PvE ranged sab spec. Sab is the KS king.
    Last edited by StrifeV; 08-15-2011 at 11:53 AM.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

  4. #4
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Yes because I had 400k damage I was KSing.

    Not quite actually, I just use blast charges. All of that damage is single target. I disapprove of AoE tickling people to farm damage (IE fan out).

  5. #5
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Exclamation

    I suppose I should clear this up too:

    Part of the lower damage is the way I play sabdancer. Simply to take out healers, and targets Under heavy fire (paragons who run head first into a group). You're not constantly doing damage, you're waiting for the target to take it. If he's not getting hit, pick someone else, because your 5 charges stay for a full minute. Once you see that target taking damage, burst him down with 5 charges from 40-50% to 0%. It's sort of artificial focusing in PUGs but it works even better if you're targeting through someone.

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I suppose I should clear this up too:

    Part of the lower damage is the way I play sabdancer. Simply to take out healers, and targets Under heavy fire (paragons who run head first into a group). You're not constantly doing damage, you're waiting for the target to take it. If he's not getting hit, pick someone else, because your 5 charges stay for a full minute. Once you see that target taking damage, burst him down with 5 charges from 40-50% to 0%. It's sort of artificial focusing in PUGs but it works even better if you're targeting through someone.
    Yea that was my point, waiting for the kill shot. That's definitely the strong point of sab, but saying it's the best pvp spec is crazy... If anyone ever focused you you're dead.. it's **** for 1v1 and requires a healer and protection. Plant your charges, wait until they are <50% and boom, dead.

    I'm not knocking it, I use my PVE sab for that sometimes as well... but generally speaking, it's not a useful pvp spec... maybe in some warfronts where there are a ton of people and you can hide in the back or in the crowd... but it has NO survivability and no consistent DPS.. try killing a healer 1v1 with it.. not going to happen.. no sustained DPS, especially if you're not using your dots.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

  7. #7
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StrifeV View Post
    Yea that was my point, waiting for the kill shot. That's definitely the strong point of sab, but saying it's the best pvp spec is crazy... If anyone ever focused you you're dead.. it's **** for 1v1 and requires a healer and protection. Plant your charges, wait until they are <50% and boom, dead.

    I'm not knocking it, I use my PVE sab for that sometimes as well... but generally speaking, it's not a useful pvp spec... maybe in some warfronts where there are a ton of people and you can hide in the back or in the crowd... but it has NO survivability and no consistent DPS.. try killing a healer 1v1 with it.. not going to happen.. no sustained DPS, especially if you're not using your dots.
    To be quite frank, No.

    Much like an assassin it requires a stealth opener. Elusiveness->Incapacitate, 5 blast charges, deadly, detonate. More than half their HP is gone before they even hit you, and you have a 30 meter 70% movement debuff ranged slow.

    As for "waiting for the Killshot" no. 40% to 0% isn't being an opportunitist, it's a massive burst to stop someone from being healed back to full with healing invocation, etc. If you pvp enough, you'd realize this.

    It has plenty of survivability because of the way sab is played. The target doesn't take actual constant damage from you--you don't pose a threat. You have an AoE slow, and a 50% dodge cooldown. Saying you need a healer is obvious, every single pvp spec does. You're not going to get focused because you're ranged DPS. You won't be focused from 30 meter away.

    And of course it won't kill a healer 1v1, because rogues can't unless there's a massive gear gap.
    Last edited by Zaros; 08-15-2011 at 01:05 PM.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser Sir Sowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    334

    Default

    You know, I never tried it and have been laughing quite a lot with this nukedancer. Perfect for zergs. Get 26 in bd for the disarm, 40 in sab and you got all the silence bomb usefulness + the mega sabdancer nuke.

    Loved it xd.

    But hey, OP, there's a crap ton of viable rogue builds for warfronts. Like 44NB/22sin. 44NB/22RS. 51MM/15inf. 44sab/22sin. NB/MM (which I hate but is semiviable). PvP Bard. Heck you can even make a viable bd spec for pvp.

    Just have to be creative. It's not more the build than the guy who made it.

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    To be quite frank, No.

    Much like an assassin it requires a stealth opener. Elusiveness->Incapacitate, 5 blast charges, deadly, detonate. More than half their HP is gone before they even hit you, and you have a 30 meter 70% movement debuff ranged slow.
    Most PvP classes have a break free, you will VERY seldom sit through an incapacitate to be able to load 5 charges. As soon as I see someone putting charges on me, I will blast an immune(not like you can't count all 5 and expect it) or go stealth or get out of range. Fight someone that can stun you and you're not doing any dmg.

    As for "waiting for the Killshot" no. 40% to 0% isn't being an opportunitist, it's a massive burst to stop someone from being healed back to full with healing invocation, etc. If you pvp enough, you'd realize this.
    lol I'm not saying it's not effective, just saying that coming off like it's all you need for pvp is silly. There's a reason that you don't see most rogues going sab.

    It has plenty of survivability because of the way sab is played. The target doesn't take actual constant damage from you--you don't pose a threat. You have an AoE slow, and a 50% dodge cooldown. Saying you need a healer is obvious, every single pvp spec does. You're not going to get focused because you're ranged DPS. You won't be focused from 30 meter away.
    and you say I don't pvp enough? Snares are basically pointless as everyone can break them or are immune to them. Dodge.. okay, a lot of people have some form of BD in their builds, we all have it. And anyone who sees a sab charges coming on them and doesn't notice it isn't paying attention at all. Personally, sabs are the first rogues I go after as they are usually easy to kill and can do a **** ton of dmg.

    And of course it won't kill a healer 1v1, because rogues can't unless there's a massive gear gap.
    While it's hard to kill a lot... fell blades or anathema goes a long way in making it not impossible.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...wStuffUp-1.png
    That pretty much sums up sabdancer in PvP. The spec is a smaller variation of sabdancer without spike charge, but with Flash of Steel. 5 Blast charges practically one-shot a mage, and if they have no valor...Bye.

    5 Roles..Sabdancer for PvP, Sabdancer for PvE, Tank, Bard. Lol
    Sounds like a horrible PvP spec.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    Sounds like a horrible PvP spec.
    /thread please

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara Sozu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    I love when people brag about damage in warfronts lol. Not talking about the OP, actually defending him.

    Damage in warfronts just shows "look at me I spammed my highest aoe skill all warfront and healer HOTS healed through the MASSIVE damage I put out!!!"

    For example...The person with the highest damage in the screenshot also had 28 deaths (4 x that of the OP) and less than half the KB's of the OP. Damage is almost meaningless in warfronts. Now if it showed what skills your damage was coming from and on which targets then yes, damage would have meaning. But a flat damage stat in warfronts means F%$K all.
    Last edited by Sozu; 08-16-2011 at 03:47 PM.

    Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

    YOUTUBE CHANNEL

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Damage has some meaning, but it needs to be interpreted correctly. A ton of damage while doing poorly every where else isnt always that great.

    This spec is bad in PvP, because it is and the SS posted by the OP isnt enough to prove otherwise. I could see it doing well if the player was allowed to do whatever they wanted(like in a PvE enviroment). It would be very easy to blow up, kite or CC.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Adnoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    Sabo is fine in scion. Any other warfront it will be crushed with ease. Not even close to best pvp spec.

    (Gear)

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Sabo is fine in scion. Any other warfront it will be crushed with ease. Not even close to best pvp spec.
    A regular sab that doesnt need to be in melee range is a decent spec. Good for AoE and while its not the best ranged spec for single target it is decent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts