+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard gear : what is best for support/heals?

Default Bard gear : what is best for support/heals?

What stats should I look for in gear to maximize healing ?

Currently I'm just getting the best gear I can get and use the same gear for my assassin/blade dancer build as I do w\ my bard build.

Stack AP like its going out of fashion to get the most out of Coda of Restoration, and make sure you don't drop below your hit requirement for the content in question.

Other than that it's basically just standard DPS gear. If you can, get the healing trinket (Sacred Heirloom of Eth) and if you can afford to trick out a spare sigil/source machine, there are a couple of good greaters that give shields/HOTs to people affected by your healing spells, and I think they can proc for anyone off of every tick of Cadence.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    there are a couple of good greaters that give shields/HOTs to people affected by your healing spells, and I think they can proc for anyone off of every tick of Cadence.
    They ought to. In my experience all the heal on heal essences proc. off of Cadence, Coda of Restoration, and Motif of Regeneration. I'd expect the shield on heal essences to do the same.

Champion

and make sure you don't drop below your hit requirement for the content in question.
    You can function as a bard with 0 hit as our skills can't miss.
    Greybriar Guardian Bard

Stack AP like its going out of fashion to get the most out of Coda of Restoration, and make sure you don't drop below your hit requirement for the content in question.

Other than that it's basically just standard DPS gear. If you can, get the healing trinket (Sacred Heirloom of Eth) and if you can afford to trick out a spare sigil/source machine, there are a couple of good greaters that give shields/HOTs to people affected by your healing spells, and I think they can proc for anyone off of every tick of Cadence.
    I Bard quite a lot for Raids and quite often in PVP as well. I can vouch for the fact that the shield/HOT greaters do proc off all Bard heals. I personally use Sacred Heirloom of Eth trinket from Expert DSM and I have a sigil with Crystal Vine, which is a HOT greater from the Rare Planar Goods Merchant in Stillmoore and a Frozen Deep One Tear, which is the Shield greater from the Rare Planar Goods Merchant in IPP. They each cost 1 Inscribed Sourcestone and 2000 planarite which is easy to get. Additionally, I use 4 Attack Power lessers in my sigil. Other than that your normal DPS gear is sufficient (of course use you PVP gear for PVP.)

On a side note, you can replace Frozen Deep One Tear with the Hailstone Tideshard from the Water Raid Rift which is better, I just haven't won it yet
    <<Insert witty comment here>>

Rift Chaser

I use the 2 shielding greaters along with 4 lessers that focus on AP, and I use the SHoE trinket for healing procs. They all proc off cadence, coda of restoration, verse of vitality, and motif of regeneration. And they proc very often, too.

Just the other night I pretty much solo healed at Scarn in T2 Darkening Deeps without using a Deadly Dance spec.

You can Bard in full PvP gear in PvE encounters and do fine. I know I did for GSB and RoS. At times I was pulling 1k+ HPS and this was with using the Codex AP trinket all pre 1.4. Just get a slow MH and profit.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    Actually they can miss. They can't be dodged, parried, or blocked, but they can still miss like anything else, so hit is still important.

Quote Originally Posted by Damerdar View Post
    Actually they can miss. They can't be dodged, parried, or blocked, but they can still miss like anything else, so hit is still important.
    This is false, you can perform very well with 0 hit. The only time you miss is if there is a 100% miss chance by a buff.

- Vybz
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    Not true. While leveling up, I had to take the +hit talent in blade dancer, before the tree was reordered, to be able to hit with Cadence against +5 wolves in Iron Pines. Once I added that talent, my misses vanished.

Our guild tried HammerKnell just to see where we stood and I had several misses while only having 240 hit.

Default trinket

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    You can Bard in full PvP gear in PvE encounters and do fine. I know I did for GSB and RoS. At times I was pulling 1k+ HPS and this was with using the Codex AP trinket all pre 1.4. Just get a slow MH and profit.

- Vybz
    Any idea of how much CoR and cadence is healing with the Codex trinket on use? Right now grinding Codex with a long way to go, and I can't get Dichrom to give up the Eth trinket (0/10)!

Just want to make sure my PvP grind is worth it.

I have a problem with gear.

I am full raid Bard 51 Brd/ 8 Rng / 7 RS. Today I have finished Life Epic Quest and I have some issue choosing a reward.

I don't know what to choose:
    Blade of Light and wait for Verdant Bow to drop from Greenscale, or to take Godslayer Bow and look for some nice one hand somewhere else.

At this moment I have:
    Thunderbolt Bow
    Stiletto of the Serpent
    Spine of Hate

Quote Originally Posted by spyros View Post
    Any idea of how much CoR and cadence is healing with the Codex trinket on use? Right now grinding Codex with a long way to go, and I can't get Dichrom to give up the Eth trinket (0/10)!

Just want to make sure my PvP grind is worth it.
    With the Codex trinket, and this is in full PvP gear with riftstalker sub JUST for the extra AP, Cadence is ticking for nearly 150+ on HVT(high valor targets) and CoR is critting from anywhere to 1400+. Again, this is with the trinket active and no heal reduction on your healing targets. That's insane. Again, this is in full Rank 6 PvP gear. I can only imagine what the numbers would be like on a high AoE damage fight in full PvE gear with the trinket and Virtuoso going at the same time.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1Micp.Vh.EIdqiqskqz.V

2 Points left over to play with but this is basically the PvE spec I've used since launch. Hasn't let me down yet. 24% increase on cadence damage + the ap gains from Riftstalker for cadence and CoR.

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 08-17-2011 at 01:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread