+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: TRUE 1 button, 1 macro Motif Macro. No keybind swaps or primers.

Telaran

Default TRUE 1 button, 1 macro Motif Macro. No keybind swaps or primers.

5 spells, 1 button. As in the other versions, last spell casts first. This macro will inherently save the position of the rotation if you need to do something else. Copy and paste into a macro and test yourself!

NOTE: you need to press it only once per GCD or you'll be recasting spells if you just smash it.

Can be adapted for other things than motifs, but it has a 6 spell capacity limited by 25 lines. You can make it a 2-4 spell macro by removing the spell cast line and the 2 lines above it, and also the q resets for that spell. An example of a 3 spell succession is included.

Credits to tranceroller for pointing me in the right direction.

Enjoy!

Code:
    --5 Motifs
    #show Motif of Focus
    suppressmacrofailures
    q a dismount
    q b dismount
    q d dismount
    q z dismount
    q q dismount
    z q alias
    z z cast
    z Motif of Grandeur
    d z alias
    d d cast
    d Motif of Tenacity
    b d alias
    b b cast
    b Motif of Regeneration
    a b alias
    a a cast
    a Motif of Bravery
    alias a alias
    cast Motif of Focus
    Code:
    ---3 Spell rotation example
    #show SPELLTOSHOW
    suppressmacrofailures
    q a dismount
    q b dismount
    q q dismount
    b q alias
    b b cast
    b SPELL3
    a b alias
    a a cast
    a SPELL2
    alias a alias
    cast SPELL1
    Last edited by Matraxia; 08-15-2011 at 06:38 AM.

Telaran

Oh, and turn of system messages in your chat view or you will get spammed!

Looks good.

So if in theory you needed to string eleventy billion spells together you could do so by extending it across multiple macros and keybindings, as done previously, no?

THE POSSIBILITIES ARE INFINITE (or in this case limited by 50 macros).

Edit: Also I like how clean this one is compared to the other ones. Easier to follow without the excess of resets. ;p
    Last edited by Kyera; 08-15-2011 at 06:52 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

I think we're in a very good path to find the "definitive" macro for bards motifs. The author here should be a little more humble though and give some credit to the author of the other topic, even if they took different directions. It's just the right thing to do.

Anyway, to the point of this good looking macro above - considering it works (not tested, but seems very promising!), can we just use more descriptive variable names? Not sure if it's possible, but if it is, it will make the code much more readable and professional.

Good job and good effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Wight View Post

Anyway, to the point of this good looking macro above - considering it works (not tested, but seems very promising!), can we just use more descriptive variable names? Not sure if it's possible, but if it is, it will make the code much more readable and professional.
    You could feasibly change them to whatever you want, but I think it's cleaner with the shorter names given how it has to be laid out.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wight View Post
    I think we're in a very good path to find the "definitive" macro for bards motifs. The author here should be a little more humble though and give some credit to the author of the other topic, even if they took different directions. It's just the right thing to do.

Good job and good effort.
    I did credit the Author of the other post. :-( Re-read it.

My bad, Matraxia. I see the credit to trance there, you're right! Anyway, as I said in my post, good job, my friend.

About the variable names, you can still use small names, but maybe we can have at least some more obvious abbreviation? It's like best practices to make the code more readable. We're now on the "fine tuning" part, considering it works, and you (and tranceroller) made a good job to get us to the current situation.

Soulwalker

Tried this double checked it all and hit the macro and it only cast one motif of Bravery and stopped. Had to spam it to get all to cast. Cut / pasted and same result. Not working as a hit once cast all as stated.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Reallyoldguy View Post
    Tried this double checked it all and hit the macro and it only cast one motif of Bravery and stopped. Had to spam it to get all to cast. Cut / pasted and same result. Not working as a hit once cast all as stated.
    He never said it was a hit once cast all, he said you would have to hit it once per GCD

Ekp
    Soulwalker

Reallyoldguy (and others):

The idea of this macro is to make a "castsequence" macro as you could in World of Warcraft. The idea is that you have to press the macro multiple times, but each time getting a different cast. While this works innately in Rift by just putting multiple abilities with varying cooldowns into the same macro, it does not work with abilities that have no cooldown, such as motifs.

Therefore, yes, this macro must be "spammed" to get all of the casts, but that was the intention. The language describing such macros is a bit ambiguous, but the intention is not to get the game to play for you, but to make it easier for you to play the game.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ekp View Post
    Reallyoldguy (and others):

The idea of this macro is to make a "castsequence" macro as you could in World of Warcraft. The idea is that you have to press the macro multiple times, but each time getting a different cast. While this works innately in Rift by just putting multiple abilities with varying cooldowns into the same macro, it does not work with abilities that have no cooldown, such as motifs.

Therefore, yes, this macro must be "spammed" to get all of the casts, but that was the intention. The language describing such macros is a bit ambiguous, but the intention is not to get the game to play for you, but to make it easier for you to play the game.

I hope that clears things up a bit.
    The point being you could have one macro on your cast bar and not all 5 motifs, yes?

Soulwalker

This macro is working as intended

Era
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Allegre View Post
    The point being you could have one macro on your cast bar and not all 5 motifs, yes?
    Exactly from the looks of it.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Quote Originally Posted by Matraxia View Post
    You can make it a 2-4 spell macro by removing the spell cast line and the 2 lines above it, and also the q resets for that spell. An example of a 3 spell succession is included.
    Close, but no cigar. You still need to reset the previous cast variable after deleting the two lines above it.

So
    Code:
    #show Motif of Focus
    suppressmacrofailures
    q a dismount
    q b dismount
    q d dismount
    q z dismount
    q q dismount
    z q alias
    z z cast
    z Motif of Grandeur
    d z alias
    d d cast
    d Motif of Tenacity
    b d alias
    b b cast
    b Motif of Regeneration
    a b alias
    a a cast
    a Motif of Bravery
    alias a alias
    cast Motif of Focus
    becomes

Code:
    #show Motif of Focus
    suppressmacrofailures
    q a dismount
    q b dismount
    q d dismount
    q q dismount
    d q alias
    d d cast
    d Motif of Tenacity
    b d alias
    b b cast
    b Motif of Regeneration
    a b alias
    a a cast
    a Motif of Bravery
    alias a alias
    cast Motif of Focus
    If you take out Granduer. If you don't change "d z alias" to "d q alias" it will get stuck on Tenacity and not loop. Also, to remove say Regen from it as another example it would go to:

Code:
    #show Motif of Focus
    suppressmacrofailures
    q a dismount
    q d dismount
    q z dismount
    q q dismount
    z q alias
    z z cast
    z Motif of Grandeur
    d z alias
    d d cast
    d Motif of Tenacity
    a d alias
    a a cast
    a Motif of Bravery
    alias a alias
    cast Motif of Focus
    "a b alias" becomes "a d alias" or you get stuck on Motif of Bravery. Basically, you gotta understand the macro if you are going to add or remove from it. Probably should just give examples from 2-5 for people who don't want to figure it out

Telaran

You are correct, I left that part out. Thanks for the clarification!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast