+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any luck with clean warrior kills after nerf?

Plane Walker

Default Any luck with clean warrior kills after nerf?

So warriors got nerfed on dps. PVE wise I see it but in pvp not to much. If not 3 shotted they killl me and bleeds kill them.

Just wondering what other rogues have run up against.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

I've seen warriors switch from Para/champ to a pally s&b variation that makes them damn near impossible to kill. Bad news for rogues. I assume chlorolocks and clerics can heal through the damage but their only weakness from a rogue would be 51 sin bleeding. You still have to deal with their 10 min cd instant full heal. Oh, and they still hit pretty damn hard.
    Last edited by Ninjahax; 08-15-2011 at 05:57 AM.

Yeah, a lot of warriors seem to be moving over to the RB S&B tank build. Usually its a variation of RB/Pala/Champ or RB/Pala/VK. Not only does it do impressive damage for a S&B build, it also has Riftwalk..... arguably one of the most broken gap closers in the game (it acts as a Break Free for the most part, and cooldown can be reset by a critical strike).

Champion of Telara

So warriors got nerfed on dps. PVE wise I see it but in pvp not to much. If not 3 shotted they killl me and bleeds kill them.
    51 NB kills any Warrior that is not Pala/x 1v1 spec'd.

Even P1 vs. P8. Immunities = lol.

Sidenote: Good Warriors are using 2h pew pew for real PvP, not SnB Paladin, which is a gimmick duel spec.

I haven't really given 51NB a fair chance. Is it really worth speccing NB past 44?

Champion of Telara

Living Flame is 3200 AOE damage (assuming all crits on 0 valor) on 1 GCD that you can stack with SOD and other cooldowns. The key is that it is delayed damage, so the damage output occurs at the same time as the SOD stacks and stuff. Results in high burst.

But, for a good fraction of the spec, 44 is plenty. Gives you room to pick up Assassin damage multipliers and such.

But, Living Flame is fun.

Generally, I run 51 NB / 15 RS, for the 15% crit on teleports, 15% AP, % damage resist and HP. And free stun/snare/root break off Shadow Stalk. And extra +HP buff that RS gets for no apparent reason.

Essentially: open up with big flashes of blowing **** up with all / most of your cooldowns while heal debuffing everything around you, then tank the enemy team for a bit because they won't like you, then blink away and hit on some safe targets. Then do it all over again.

RB sword n board builds are producing near 2H damage and have impressive mitigation - I try to steer clear of them, but it's their FotM for good reason. See: Frootloops build

I suspect assassin bleeds could be effective, but I don't care for the playstyle. I'll just consider them a counter for now and do what rogues do best - choose appropriate victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    I suspect assassin bleeds could be effective, but I don't care for the playstyle. I'll just consider them a counter for now and do what rogues do best - choose appropriate victims.
    So basically, past T7, just other rogues.

I really try not to mess with Warriors its just really not worth it!

Clerics/Mages/Rogues and Obviously low Ranked Wars are the order of the day.

51 Sin can kill most people, just dont mess about with Pala/X whatever Wars.

But you can try to bleed them slip away etc and see what happens LOL.

I dont even waste time with it any more.

Oh and I really REALLY love the melee clerics OH PLEASE TURN AND TRY TO HIT ME WITH YOUR MACE
    OH PLEASE DO!
    Last edited by Ritual; 08-15-2011 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    51 NB kills any Warrior that is not Pala/x 1v1 spec'd.

Even P1 vs. P8. Immunities = lol.

Sidenote: Good Warriors are using 2h pew pew for real PvP, not SnB Paladin, which is a gimmick duel spec.
    p8 warrior will kill p1 rogue in 2 secs.

p1 rogue will suicide vs p8 avatar of rift.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Champion of Telara

p8 warrior will kill p1 rogue in 2 secs.
    Yes, I would like to see said Warrior do damage through Twilight Transcendence and Blackout. It actually takes a P8 Warrior 4.5 seconds to gib a P1 Rogue, which is more than enough time to use cooldowns.

p1 rogue will suicide vs p8 avatar of rift.
    I give it a 50/50 that AOTR and Burning Blood actually hit through Blackout.

Yes, I would like to see said Warrior do damage through Twilight Transcendence and Blackout. It actually takes a P8 Warrior 4.5 seconds to gib a P1 Rogue, which is more than enough time to use cooldowns.

I give it a 50/50 that AOTR and Burning Blood actually hit through Blackout.
    U havn't met p8 warriors.

Your dmg will be **** on p8 warrior.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Plane Walker

Living Flame is 3200 AOE damage (assuming all crits on 0 valor) on 1 GCD that you can stack with SOD and other cooldowns. The key is that it is delayed damage, so the damage output occurs at the same time as the SOD stacks and stuff. Results in high burst.

But, for a good fraction of the spec, 44 is plenty. Gives you room to pick up Assassin damage multipliers and such.

But, Living Flame is fun.

Generally, I run 51 NB / 15 RS, for the 15% crit on teleports, 15% AP, % damage resist and HP. And free stun/snare/root break off Shadow Stalk. And extra +HP buff that RS gets for no apparent reason.

Essentially: open up with big flashes of blowing **** up with all / most of your cooldowns while heal debuffing everything around you, then tank the enemy team for a bit because they won't like you, then blink away and hit on some safe targets. Then do it all over again.
    I may give it a try. I normally use this on pvp rifts/World pvp.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Champion of Telara

U havn't met p8 warriors.
    Your dmg will be **** on p8 warrior.
    Actually I dueled one 8 times last night in my PvE gear while loitering in HK.

But hey, you know what you're talking about right? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Yeah, a lot of warriors seem to be moving over to the RB S&B tank build. Usually its a variation of RB/Pala/Champ or RB/Pala/VK. Not only does it do impressive damage for a S&B build, it also has Riftwalk..... arguably one of the most broken gap closers in the game (it acts as a Break Free for the most part, and cooldown can be reset by a critical strike).
    Riftwalk has a facing requirement. If you stun him from behind, he can't riftwalk to you and break the stun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast