+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deadskin

Thread: PvP MM/Infil/RS - need comments for build

Default PvP MM/Infil/RS - need comments for build

In another thread I was, perhaps rightfully so despite my success with it getting my Rogue to PR6, unanimously zerg bashed for the warfront PvP Role build (among other things) that I've been using. Ok, I'm not deaf and it's time to get a new Role and L2P it! But I'm unsure what is really best. My only insistence is that the new build be for doing ranged damage.

Just about everyone was recommending I instead use both the Infiltrator and Riftstalker souls with the Marksman soul in warfronts with the way the game is currently tuned for performance.

One of the helpful comments there recommended I try this build:
    51Marksman/10Infiltrator/5Riftstalker
    The rationale given for using it is that it provides a superior Attack Power stat for burst damage.

I decided to go to Zam and do some database queries before putting L2P effort into a new Role. You can see the filters I applied, and only 5 Role builds came out of the Zam database.

I've ended up confused now, because the above recommended build is not in that list, and the list contains only these two builds that use the MM/IN/RS souls:
    35Marksman/21Infiltrator/10Riftstalker (+5 Rating and +5 Popularity), and
    38Marksman/21Infiltrator/7Riftstalker (+5 Rating but only +1 Popularity).

I'm sure many Rogue PvP warfront players have Role builds they prefer over the 1 that was recommended to me and the 2 that Zam recommends, but I'd really appreciate some comments limited to which of those 3 total roles is probably best for me to invest time and effort to L2P. I'm in a hurry to choose and build but I don't want to waste my time. Which of those 3 builds do you think best, and why? Many cookies and thanks for your comments!
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...AudR.xx0R0b.VM

I use the above build. I understand you are looking for the 15% AP, but I question it's importance compared to other passives on offer. Obviously 5/5 Unseen Fury would be extremely gear dependent as 15% of 500 AP is only 33AP where Predatory Instincts from Ranger gives you 46AP, plus you get 5% crit and 4% damage to ranged weapons if you go 7 points ranger. 7 points Riftstalker gets you a teleport 33AP and maybe 4% damage reduction (which you could get through ranger also)
    Going Riftstalker for the attack power bonus would only be worth it if your attack power was over 700. even then you are only just breaching the 46 Attack power that PI offers in ranger tree.

With my build above, the focus is obviously Eradicate (44 MM), Improved Hit & Run (38MM), Predatory Instincts (6 ranger) and Pardon the Interruption (17 Inf).
    Pardon the Interruption has no diminishing returns so in addition to your Deaden (interrupt) you can consistently lock down casters, eradicate their buffs, anathema their healing and destroy them with Imp H&R.

Elth, thanks for your comment.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Elth, thanks for your comment.
    I hope it helps.. correct me if i'm wrong though

I'm using 44 MM / 17 Sin / 5 RS for Warfronts. I really don't miss Infiltrator that much.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    In another thread I was, perhaps rightfully so despite my success with it getting my Rogue to PR6, unanimously zerg bashed for the warfront PvP Role build (among other things) that I've been using. Ok, I'm not deaf and it's time to get a new Role and L2P it! But I'm unsure what is really best. My only insistence is that the new build be for doing ranged damage.

Just about everyone was recommending I instead use both the Infiltrator and Riftstalker souls with the Marksman soul in warfronts with the way the game is currently tuned for performance.

One of the helpful comments there recommended I try this build:
    51Marksman/10Infiltrator/5Riftstalker
    The rationale given for using it is that it provides a superior Attack Power stat for burst damage.

I decided to go to Zam and do some database queries before putting L2P effort into a new Role. You can see the filters I applied, and only 5 Role builds came out of the Zam database.

I've ended up confused now, because the above recommended build is not in that list, and the list contains only these two builds that use the MM/IN/RS souls:
    35Marksman/21Infiltrator/10Riftstalker (+5 Rating and +5 Popularity), and
    38Marksman/21Infiltrator/7Riftstalker (+5 Rating but only +1 Popularity).

I'm sure many Rogue PvP warfront players have Role builds they prefer over the 1 that was recommended to me and the 2 that Zam recommends, but I'd really appreciate some comments limited to which of those 3 total roles is probably best for me to invest time and effort to L2P. I'm in a hurry to choose and build but I don't want to waste my time. Which of those 3 builds do you think best, and why? Many cookies and thanks for your comments!
    All of those builds are stupid I dont know who gave you that advice. Bads shouldnt be allowed to teach other bads.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    All of those builds are stupid I dont know who gave you that advice. Bads shouldnt be allowed to teach other bads.
    This qualifies as the most helpful post ever.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Deadskin View Post
    This qualifies as the most helpful post ever.
    It obviously wasnt intended to be, but if the OP believes me and uses something else I would actually say it was kind of helpful.

Shadowlander

Default Leveling with PVP

Elith & Cinerus,

I know it is a bit to ask... but with your specs, how would you break it down at level 32ish and 40ish? There are definately PvE specs that breakdown the levels, but not seeing any for PvP. I just don't want to do my leveling from quests anymore if I can avoid it. Of course if there is a guide that would be very cool. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tathlow View Post
    Elith & Cinerus,

I know it is a bit to ask... but with your specs, how would you break it down at level 32ish and 40ish? There are definately PvE specs that breakdown the levels, but not seeing any for PvP. I just don't want to do my leveling from quests anymore if I can avoid it. Of course if there is a guide that would be very cool. Your help is greatly appreciated!
    If you want a spec for ONLY PvP I would put as many points in MM as you can until you can get Improved Hit & Run. You wont be able to put the points into inf that they are showing so I would use either NB or Sin as your second soul for damage. Actually I would use NB until you had 17 secondary points and the I would use Sin. For the 3 soul you could use Inf for break free, BD for the dodge buff or Sab for the Snare GTAoE.

As far as which talents to get. Try to get ones that increase your DPS.

Edit: I forgot to mention I found when I leveled through PvP that my winning percentage went up drastically when I was a bard. I still had a DPS spec on the off chance there were a lot of healers though. Bard is not nearly as much fun, but you will probably win more and level faster if you play bard.
    Last edited by Dahrken; 08-15-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Shadowlander

Thanks Dahrken,

Looking at guides, the only one I see is:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-marksman.html

It definately appears comprehensive, but it sure is old and predates game release. Is this guide still relative, or outdated?

Shadowlander

I do like bards also... maybe I will bounce back and forth. The main thing is I am hating the questing. Once was enough...

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tathlow View Post
    Thanks Dahrken,

Looking at guides, the only one I see is:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-marksman.html

It definately appears comprehensive, but it sure is old and predates game release. Is this guide still relative, or outdated?
    That guide is ok I guess, but its crazy old. Its not going to reallly matter a whole lot at lower levels exactly how you are speced. I would just make sure you get certain abillities as soon as the become available, like improved hit and run. Other than that though it should play pretty much like a normal MM pretty early.

If there are other abillities you are looking for, like a snare or something, there are probably multiple things you can do. How many points do you have now?

MM guide that sucks balls / is gay in my sig.

Personally playing 51MM/15inf/0sab atm though. But if you want to learn the mechanics of it, I think it's going to do just fine.
    Last edited by Sir Sowl; 08-15-2011 at 07:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread