+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS builds for starting T2

Default DPS builds for starting T2

So I haven't played my rogue for a good long while but I'm looking to pick it up again. problem is I don't really have a funcitonal dps build for t2s. atm all I have set up is bard and a solo Sin spec. I used to run sabdancer but that's changed quite a bit since i last touched it, and i'd like a change

what i'm hearing alot is that sabdancer and maybe ranger are the only choices for DPS. I'm hoping the end of that sentence should be "on a geared / raiding rogue". I know on my warrior I had a ton of options during t1s/t2s and they were all pretty effective, it was only when I got into raiding and raid gear that the 'best' specs actually pulled ahead and became the 'only choices'

so what are some options for an entry level t2 rogue who wants to deeps? I find bladedancer and nightblade both particularly interesting, is there anything there i could have fun with?
    Last edited by Cactuschef; 08-14-2011 at 07:28 PM.

You can try any variant of Nightdancer, or deep Nightblade. However, for dungeon running, it is true that sabo and ranger builds are the best simply because they have the most aoe killing potential of any rogue soul, and that's what 99% of a dungeon is: aoe trash.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-14-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

links to these builds (or threads?)

Quote Originally Posted by Cactuschef View Post
    links to these builds (or threads?)
    The most common Nightdancer is 27bd/20nb/19sin where your buffs are Hellfire/Smoldering and rotation is:

Fiery - Dusk - Backstab - Keen - Deadly - Fiery - Precision - Punc - Deadly

and your AoE is: Fiery Chains - Weapon Flare spam

You can get a variant with Scourge in it where its the same but you're using Scourge of Darkness whenever possible. You can drop something to get Flash of Steel

Deep Nightblade is fairly new with the Nightrage buff. You basically have to use Dusk to Dawn every time it's up and use Blazing Strike as a finisher. I've been tinkering with it, and this build is what I came up with this monstrosity of a rotation:

Opener: Dusk to Dawn -> Scourge of Darkness -> Fiery

Dusk - Backstab - Keen - Blazing - Puncture - Twilight Force - (any basic 1 pointer) - Blazing - Precision - Keen - Quick Strike - Blazing

where you should use Scourge of Darkness -> Fiery in place of Blazing whenever possible.

The reason I had to make up such a long rotation is because Blazing with Lingering Flame applies 1 combo point when you use it (when Fiery is on the target), so it makes the Nightblade rotation too fast to keep up with 2pointer cooldowns, which forces you to spread out your 2pointers in order to waste no cooldown. Of course, you can also drop the bladedancer and go deeper into nightblade and use only 2 2cps for a smaller rotation. I haven't been interested enough in nightblade to test more thoroughly (because I absolutely detest using Dusk to Dawn)
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-14-2011 at 07:55 PM.

also another question; is it possible to create an energy self-sufficient rogue at all? im lookin through talents and im seein only one ability that reduces energy costs, for finishers only

Quote Originally Posted by Cactuschef View Post
    also another question; is it possible to create an energy self-sufficient rogue at all? im lookin through talents and im seein only one ability that reduces energy costs, for finishers only
    Nope. But you can use Elder Tablets

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    The most common Nightdancer is 27bd/20nb/19sin where your buffs are Hellfire/Smoldering and rotation is:

Fiery - Dusk - Backstab - Keen - Deadly - Fiery - Precision - Punc - Deadly

and your AoE is: Fiery Chains - Weapon Flare spam

You can get a variant with Scourge in it where its the same but you're using Scourge of Darkness whenever possible. You can drop something to get Flash of Steel

Deep Nightblade is fairly new with the Nightrage buff. You basically have to use Dusk to Dawn every time it's up and use Blazing Strike as a finisher. I've been tinkering with it, and this build is what I came up with this monstrosity of a rotation:

Opener: Dusk to Dawn -> Scourge of Darkness -> Fiery

Dusk - Backstab - Keen - Blazing - Puncture - Twilight Force - (any basic 1 pointer) - Blazing - Precision - Keen - Quick Strike - Blazing

where you should use Scourge of Darkness -> Fiery in place of Blazing whenever possible.

The reason I had to make up such a long rotation is because Blazing with Lingering Flame applies 1 combo point when you use it (when Fiery is on the target), so it makes the Nightblade rotation too fast to keep up with 2pointer cooldowns, which forces you to spread out your 2pointers in order to waste no cooldown. Of course, you can also drop the bladedancer and go deeper into nightblade and use only 2 2cps for a smaller rotation. I haven't been interested enough in nightblade to test more thoroughly (because I absolutely detest using Dusk to Dawn)
    I'd go so far as to pray that Trion would throw deep NB a significant bone to push it to be onpar with DD spam specs, sabdancer included.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

+ Reply to Thread