+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PVE Single target spec (27 BD 22 Sin 17 Sabo)

Default PVE Single target spec (27 BD 22 Sin 17 Sabo)

I would like some feedback on the build I've been using on single target boss fights. Sadly, none of the rogues in my guild want to try it (they all fell in love with sabdancer and refuse to play anything else, it seems), even though I'm top DPS with it.
    I was wondering if people have been trying out this or a similiar spec and would like to see your results.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...VV00Vb.0VRcxsb

Main Abilties

#1 - Spike Charge
    #2 - Macro 1
    #3 - Macro 2
    #4 - Deadly Strike
    #5 - Detonate
    #6 - Flash of Steel

Words of War, Poison Malice and Blade Tempo are hotkeyed.

Macros

Macro 1
    #show Precision Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Keen Strike

Macro 2
    #show Puncture
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Backstab
    cast Puncture
    cast Savage Strike

Rotation
    4x Spike Charge - Macro 1 (Keen Strike) - Deadly Strike
    Macro 2 (Backstab) - Macro 2 (Puncture) - Macro 1 (Precision Strike) - Deadly Strike
    Spike Charge - Flash of Steel - Macro 2 (Backstab) - Detonate

Plane Touched

I suppose my first question should be, what kind of dps are you pulling with this, and what kind of gear? And how does it compare for you against the standard sabdancer build?

Secondly, I'm not certain what the point is. You're still playing sabdancer, only a more complicated and less-dps version of it.

What it really comes down to, is that you're trading the shrapnel half of the rotation for bd abilities. I've seen a few people suggest something like this, and the cooldowns vs rotation length seem to work out, but I'm highly suspect that it does better damage than the sabdancer build, plus it's unnecessarily complicated. I could go more in-depth but I'll leave it at that.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelan View Post
    I suppose my first question should be, what kind of dps are you pulling with this, and what kind of gear? And how does it compare for you against the standard sabdancer build?

Secondly, I'm not certain what the point is. You're still playing sabdancer, only a more complicated and less-dps version of it.

What it really comes down to, is that you're trading the shrapnel half of the rotation for bd abilities. I've seen a few people suggest something like this, and the cooldowns vs rotation length seem to work out, but I'm highly suspect that it does better damage than the sabdancer build, plus it's unnecessarily complicated. I could go more in-depth but I'll leave it at that.
    I'm doing way more damage than the standard sabdancer. Note that I'm main spec tank so my DPS gear isn't THAT great yet. I'm pulling 1900 DPS on Plutonus and 1780 on Murdantix right now, making me my guild's top DPS.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    I'm doing way more damage than the standard sabdancer. Note that I'm main spec tank so my DPS gear isn't THAT great yet. I'm pulling 1900 DPS on Plutonus and 1780 on Murdantix right now, making me my guild's top DPS.
    What exactly is your gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Poochymama View Post
    What exactly is your gear?
    Mainly Rank 6 PVP gear, T1 raid daggers / bow, T2 gloves, T1 raid vendor helm. T2 rings. T1 raid necklace.

Prophet of Telara

Mainly Rank 6 PVP gear, T1 raid daggers / bow, T2 gloves, T1 raid vendor helm. T2 rings. T1 raid necklace.
    I'll spend some time with this on the dummy and see how it goes. I tried a VERY similar build/rotation a few weeks ago but couldn't get it to parse higher than the standard sabodancer(though it was always within 20 dps).

Seems like a lot of work just to lose out on all of your AOE dps that's pretty useful on a fair amount of bosses

(Gear)

Plane Touched

Again, do you have parses to back up your claims of 1900 dps with this rotation? I'm going to call shenanigans unless you can show them. I don't doubt you're a good player, but there's a reason everyone (and by everyone, I mean experienced raiding rogues) uses sabdancer.

(hint: It's not because we haven't tried every spec under the sun.)
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

Rift Disciple

Again, do you have parses to back up your claims of 1900 dps with this rotation? I'm going to call shenanigans unless you can show them. I don't doubt you're a good player, but there's a reason everyone (and by everyone, I mean experienced raiding rogues) uses sabdancer.

I am an "experienced" raiding rogue and I run ranger.
    Whitejackale
    <Iconic Fatality>

1900dps on pluto with T1/T2 gear I don't beleive it ( I'm full T3 without relics and I don't do that much dps ). You probably forgot to remove cypher.
    Last edited by Glide; 08-14-2011 at 04:29 PM.

The reason being it's a good spec that's useful in a lot of situations (I use it as well for other fights). Not to mention the rotation is mindnumbingly easy so any idiot can use it. The point of this spec is that it's better for single target (where there's no AOE involved at all).

Quote Originally Posted by Glide View Post
    1900dps on pluto with T1/T2 gear I don't beleive it ( I'm full T3 without relics and I don't do that much dps ). You probably forgot to remove cypher.
    If you'd have read my post carefully, you would've seen T1 RAID gear (meaning T3). And yes, the parser did not include cypher. I'll see if my guildy still has that one for me.

Rift Disciple

If youre full t3 and youre not pulling 1900 youre either missing ESSENTIAL buffs. Or a ****ter.
    http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/2862/lobstercopyq.jpg

Bard buffed dummy parsers:

This spec: Boss Practice Dummy: | Kaboom | 1395,62
    Sabdancer: Boss Practice Dummy: | Kaboom | 1345,24
    Hoko spec: Boss Practice Dummy: | Kaboom | 1398,28

All these parsers are only 2,5 mins though.

Rift Chaser

Bard buffed dummy parsers:

This spec: Boss Practice Dummy: | Kaboom | 1395,62
    Sabdancer: Boss Practice Dummy: | Kaboom | 1345,24
    Hoko spec: Boss Practice Dummy: | Kaboom | 1398,28

All these parsers are only 2,5 mins though.
    Please include your actual parses, not just this text. While your rotation is not hard, sabdancer is still easier. Also, do you have legendaries or 33dps daggers? Are you also using whetstones or any other buffs/consumables or just bard buffs? See, if you are going to claim this is the top single target dps build, you gotta be willing to give more detailed information than what you are giving.

The only claim Im making is that I'm (that means me, I'm not talking about anyone else) doing more damage with this spec than I do with the normal sabdancer I used before. I posted this spec for people to try it out. I have posted the parser numbers to let people know how it compares (for me) to other specs.

I'm not telling you it's the best spec out there, I'm just looking for feedback from people who have actually tried the spec.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast