+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PVE Single target spec (27 BD 22 Sin 17 Sabo)

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Evixy of SWE View Post
    This new sabodancer is purely made for singletarget like Johlen, Plutonus, Murdantix and Sicaron (dunno about the rest). It parses higher than old sabodancer on ST but when AoE is involved like on Zilas and Matron, this spec is useless compared to old sabodancer,
    Yes but my point was, bosses like Johlen involve movement which will take you out of melee range for time and also you won't be behind johlen most of the time(usually our melee are in front of Johlen). So fights like Johlen, Backstab can't be used or at least won't be that often.

I would be surprised if you could match sabdancer dps on a boss like Johlen with this build. This build is too much of a 1 trick pony...

I could see this being better on fights with no movement and you can just stick behind the boss and have at it... but if that's not the case, I just don't see it being better than sabdancer.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeV View Post
    Yes but my point was, bosses like Johlen involve movement which will take you out of melee range for time and also you won't be behind johlen most of the time(usually our melee are in front of Johlen). So fights like Johlen, Backstab can't be used or at least won't be that often.

I would be surprised if you could match sabdancer dps on a boss like Johlen with this build. This build is too much of a 1 trick pony...

I could see this being better on fights with no movement and you can just stick behind the boss and have at it... but if that's not the case, I just don't see it being better than sabdancer.
    I guess you will be surprised then.

Shadowlander

I just realized a MASSIVE problem with this spec. No matter how much damage it does, its not going to be useable AT ALL. It is very simple why this wont work in a raidsetting with all saboteurs running this; No Incriminate. You are going to pull aggro of the tank ASAP without Incriminate. Reason you haven't pulled aggro Cinerus is because your other sabodancers are incriminating the tank.

Champion of Telara

Spotter's faster.

Shadowlander

Now what if you changed the macro and the rotation around a little. Im waiting for a bard to login to test this but it seems simpler and might yield nice results.

#show puncture
    cast backstab
    cast puncture
    cast precision strike
    cast keen strike

rotation would be:

4x's Spike, Keen, Deadly
    3x's macro, Deadly
    Spike, 2x's Macro, Det

testing it on a dummy it seemed simple and does allow for flash of steel to be used situationally instead of it being a necessity as part of the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawkfist View Post
    Now what if you changed the macro and the rotation around a little. Im waiting for a bard to login to test this but it seems simpler and might yield nice results.

#show puncture
    cast backstab
    cast puncture
    cast precision strike
    cast keen strike

rotation would be:

4x's Spike, Keen, Deadly
    3x's macro, Deadly
    Spike, 2x's Macro, Det

testing it on a dummy it seemed simple and does allow for flash of steel to be used situationally instead of it being a necessity as part of the rotation.
    taking FoS out i lost about 50 dps

this is what i pulled with fos
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d8.../27bdparse.jpg

still getting used to it so im sure itl improve
    /full durnes,Fang, idh whisper silence tho (aelfwar cons)
    Last edited by Drazden; 08-15-2011 at 01:24 PM.
    Click above to apply
    |Guardian|Rogue|

Telaran

I just realized a MASSIVE problem with this spec. No matter how much damage it does, its not going to be useable AT ALL. It is very simple why this wont work in a raidsetting with all saboteurs running this; No Incriminate. You are going to pull aggro of the tank ASAP without Incriminate. Reason you haven't pulled aggro Cinerus is because your other sabodancers are incriminating the tank.
    This is totally irrelavent, I dont use incriminate very much as sabdancer and never overaggro

Luckily for me, there's always somebody playing sabdancer. Also, we have the tank using Intercept whenever he can on the highest threat DPS. I have yet to encounter any threat issue.

(I do have to tell you, I feel less safe not having incriminate. It's just a feeling though ;))
    Last edited by Cinerus; 08-15-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Telaran

Normal sabdancer was about 1070, got about 1020 with this however was REALLY bad at the rotation, might try and learn it a bit more than see. Looks interesting though

Telaran

EDIT: Up to 1130 dps on dummy with this spec now I have the rotation a bit better. Looks promising, will keep it as a spec and try it on plutonus on wednesday.

Shadowlander

You don't need to incriminate on CD, but without Incriminate you WILL pull aggro. If you aren't pulling aggro you either:
    1. Don't work hard enough.
    2. Have other sabdancers using incriminate or tanks using Intercept on you.

Been in sooo many raids with sabdancers (including myself) that don't use incriminate at least twice during a pull and ends up pulling aggro of the tank and killing the raid with a cleave.

Telaran

Also, why is savage strike in the second macro? I often hit it with less than 40 energy and **** myself over...... why is it there? cant you just remove it as its never used in the rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Meladath View Post
    Also, why is savage strike in the second macro? I often hit it with less than 40 energy and **** myself over...... why is it there? cant you just remove it as its never used in the rotation?
    It's there to replace Backstab if your positioning is not right. You don't have to follow the macros if you'd rather have a different actionbar setup. This is just the way I play the spec.

gonna test this build tonight on Sicaron. We've gotten him sub 40%, people just need to learn how to tetris better and the fights over. full durnes / fang of the life lord / story sword. no hk loot, and no ws (the prince trinket). this build looks solid as hell.

741 ap
    1032 crit (LOL OVER CAP)
    320 hit
    832 dex

0 buffs. Nice stats imo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast