+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does weapon speed matter?

Soulwalker

Default Does weapon speed matter?

I haven't done much min/maxing on my rogue yet since I just hit 50 earlier this week. Recently got to enough hit for raids and 467 / 565 Dex unbuffed depending if Sozu or Sabodancer.

As the title states, is weapon speed important? I played a Rogue in WoW and I know there it was common for a slow main-hand so that the "weapon damage" on abilities was calculated off of the higher damage while a fast off-hand was used for more poison procs. But I don't know how ability damage is calculated here - whether it's from the dps on the weapon or from the damage range.

I'm doing about 750-900 DPS depending on buffs with my current gear in Sabodancer and roughly the same in the Sozu spec (mix of T1, T2, crafted, and blues).

Currently I have Abyssal Hatchet and Majolic's Bloodied Stiletto, both 29.2 dps.
    Last edited by KelbornX; 08-14-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Barely. Spotter's Order and whetstones were the main things that favoured fast weapons, but those have been fixed now. All damaging abilities are normalised, so only the DPS - not top-end damage - of your weapon is relevant. I think poisons and weapon enhancements are not normalised, so a fast weapon would be a very, very minor DPS increase in terms of procs off of auto-attacks, but there's almost nothing in it.

Soulwalker

Thanks. I knew the Spotter's Order change made fast weapons not as needed but I wan't sure about the poisons or abilities.

So stat wise, looks like another Stiletto is in order. XD

+ Reply to Thread