+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can someone please rate this tank build

Default Can someone please rate this tank build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...uqdRkkR.xcbM.h

I had a fiddle with it to get myself a interupt, little less hp but more dex too.

Comments?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconShadow View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...uqdRkkR.xcbM.h

I had a fiddle with it to get myself a interupt, little less hp but more dex too.

Comments?
    aside from the issue that you shouldnt really need an interupt as there are a bunch in the game and someone should have one in one of their roles in the party, you left out reprisal? wtf?

I also am a big fan of ranger just for quickshot to build combo points at a range and I feel that is worth the loss of 3% hp

Rift Disciple

For dungeon running this is the build I use:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tIuqdRkkR.xMdV

For raids you don't have enough hp.

And having the interrupt and more dex have worked out better for me as a tank. Over the increase in hp given by bard or the damage reduction given by ranger.

So for T1 and T2 running I do find the above to be the better build.

Interruption is best left to your warrior or rogue dps. You don't need it.

In the rare case that you have all mage/cleric dps (even in 5 mans this is rare, at least from what I've experienced), then maybe this would be useful. But anything that needs interruption in a 5 man (Gregori in DSM is the only I can think of) a rogue tank can live through.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-14-2011 at 08:03 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

I just got fed up of running Random T2s when both dps came in as mages /sob this is why built for an interupt.. and the amount of friggin rogues/warriors who just say uhhh I dont have an interupt in this build its annoying, also like in deepstrike mines when the dps moves off the boss having your own interupt is a life saver, although resists help a lot there!

That's why I went for interupt, but as long as I know I am not alone I will go for it, sat at 10k hp a lil over 17% base dodge at moment, I off tanked once in a raid, don't know, don't get any problems at the moment, but I see what you mean about other tanking entirely.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconShadow View Post
    I just got fed up of running Random T2s when both dps came in as mages /sob this is why built for an interupt.. and the amount of friggin rogues/warriors who just say uhhh I dont have an interupt in this build its annoying, also like in deepstrike mines when the dps moves off the boss having your own interupt is a life saver, although resists help a lot there!

That's why I went for interupt, but as long as I know I am not alone I will go for it, sat at 10k hp a lil over 17% base dodge at moment, I off tanked once in a raid, don't know, don't get any problems at the moment, but I see what you mean about other tanking entirely.
    If you hitting 10k with only your gear and rift then your doing pretty good right there. So the remaining 15 points could be used else where and in another spec. More hp from bard and the 6% damage reduction from ranger are nice for raids but not 100% needed if your at 10k before those are added in. And for the third boss in DH you need 3 people with interrupts to do the fight. Unless my guild and I are missing something.

Rift Disciple

Oh and with the build I posted gives you the zero tree which allows you to change out that tree for anything you need so you have some flexibility there to use different trees depending on what your doing. INf for break out. Ranger for the pig to gather some mobs up. Sabo for the slow grenade. Sin for added poison dps.

And these can be changed out in combat. If you turn off the clearing bars ability in settings you can have the abilities on your bar for any of these souls on your bar at all times they will be grey if your not in that soul.

+ Reply to Thread