+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman PVP - half my shots get parried/dodged/miss

Rift Disciple

Default Marksman PVP - half my shots get parried/dodged/miss

Hi,

I'm a level 33 rogue at the moment. 33 MM / 6 bard / 5 infiltrator

This might sound weird, but my easiest classes to fight are warriors, but literally half my rapid fire shots wont even land and I lose massive amounts of damage, strafe misses all the time too. They just dodge or parry it or it plain misses.

I'm getting sick of RNG wins and losses and want to know how, at this level, I'm meant to guarantee my hits landing.

It's not only warriors, but they're the main culprit. Seems like they are a complete faceroll, they hold W and rotate abilities, while I use my skill to kite them and wittle away at their hp and the entire fight is decided based on my ability. Or RNG. They might as well be an NPC programmed to follow around rotating out abilities, I've played warrior and it is freaking mindless. Anyway, forget my rage and please answer my question

Cheers.

Champion

I would answer your question if you had actually asked one in that entire post of yours. Just sayin..

You miss attacks, and there's a stat called HIT.

I'll let you think this one out for yourself!
    "The universe is a machine where you have been placed, and like a machine the outcome can be known. Every battle has already been won or lost. All that is left is for you to choose your side."

Get as much Hit on your gear as possible, around 200 i think.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by VipeR8 View Post
    Get as much Hit on your gear as possible, around 200 i think.
    It might be helpful to note that he is currently level 33, and does not have access to gear with hit. However, I'm not sure why are your attacks are being mitigated. I have not really experienced this problem before.

Maybe you are just coming across some warriors in your battlegroup with better gear than normal?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hopo View Post
    It might be helpful to note that he is currently level 33, and does not have access to gear with hit. However, I'm not sure why are your attacks are being mitigated. I have not really experienced this problem before.

Maybe you are just coming across some warriors in your battlegroup with better gear than normal?
    A lot of warriors do pvp in "tank" gear. this gear has quite a bit of mitigation and at lower levels is vastly more powerful than anything you can get with valor.

As a 50, I pvp with every hit rune i can put on my gear, and still these tanks shrug off damage like it isn't even happening. Granted, some are wearing GSB gear or even HK gear already, but block rating as it plays out in PVP shouldn't have a place there. It basically makes it so you can dominate in pvp without earning pvp gear.

To counter the Dodge cap. You need 125. At level 50 though, not everyone is dodge capped so 80 is usually more than fine.

General of Telara

You can get hit runes on pants & helm. They're a bit expensive at your level maybe, but well worth it.

You might be able to get hit runes on weapons too but I'm not 100% sure they're availaible at 33.

Try to combine with bladedancer spec, have a 5 point passive for 25 hit, HELP ALOT !!!!!!!!!

Use this specs http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MVfb.VV0V..x

Cya!
    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-rift/22183_1519c3a0e5a2b973.pngLet's save Telara!!!

+ Reply to Thread