+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Tank Build

Default Rogue Tank Build

If someone could direct me to a rogue tank build (macros, situational pulls, et cetera included), I would be greatly appreciative. I looked (probably not hard enough, but I still looked!), and couldn't find anything. Anyway, thanks in advance.

Plane Touched

Ur right. You didn't look at all. Very first stickied thread a compendium of guides including multiple riftstalker guides. Look again. They say patch 1.1 but riftstalker tanking has not changed at all

theres really only 2 tank builds one is melee mitigation the other is magical mitigation.

Magic http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...IuqdRkkR.xb.xh

Melee http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...uqdRkkR.xb.x0d

these arnt exactly what i run they differ just a lil bit but you will do fine with these.

and as far as pulls there always the same planeshift in 3 combo points use guarded steel and do the rest.
    umm not many macros. mayb just this 1
    #show Defer Death
    cancelbuff Defer Death
    cast Defer Death

but thats bout it
    Last edited by Tweets; 08-13-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Rocks says paper is OP. Scissors says Nerf rock.

Don't macro anything except Reprisal, and maybe that Defer Death macro up there that will probably get you killed anyway.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Don't macro anything except Reprisal, and maybe that Defer Death macro up there that will probably get you killed anyway.
    In the ranger builds is it helpful to put quickshot at the bottom of each normal attack macro, so if you are out of range you attack and build a combo point still instead of making a specific key for quickshot. I have it at the bottom of planar strike and phantom blow.

I also macro planar strike to my rift disturbance key so I can just mash one button when fighting a group and rift disturbance goes off whenever it is ready. All three of the macros I make for the basic attacks have reprisal in them of course.

I personally dont touch defer death, I have it on an extra hotbar just in case and have only run into one case where it would have been helpful to let us kill something before I died, but I forgot about it so we wiped anyways

I do use one other macro, just one with three port to target abilities in it so I can hit a singel key when I need to get to a target. I have shadow blitz on its own key and the other two mixed in a macro as they have limited use but are nice to have easy access to when you need to jump fast

Macro'ing Quick Shot is just asking for tab-target fail. Macroing Rift Disturbance like that causes problems in a raid environment (multi-tank fights / pulls). Really it's better to just teach yourself not to use macros because there's always cases where they hurt more than help.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Macro'ing Quick Shot is just asking for tab-target fail. Macroing Rift Disturbance like that causes problems in a raid environment (multi-tank fights / pulls). Really it's better to just teach yourself not to use macros because there's always cases where they hurt more than help.
    You will already auto ranged attack to the same range anyway, so if you are using tab targeting in situations where there is other stuff in range and not paying attention you are going to pull other stuff anyways. As for rift disturbance I have two macros, one for planar strike and one for rift disturbance that includes planar strike as well. If I am in a situation where I dont want to grab stuff from another tank I dont use the rift disturbance button, I use the planar strike button.

Macros are there to help you, building them correctly to do what you need them to do helps you play better. Taking time to hit extra keys just slows down how fast you are getting things done and makes you less effective.

about the only reason to use quick shot is a ranged Los pull or when u (have) to be at range other then that its fairly useless

Rocks says paper is OP. Scissors says Nerf rock.

+ Reply to Thread