+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts on Assasin 1.4 Final Blow and NightBlade Stealth

Default Thoughts on Assasin 1.4 Final Blow and NightBlade Stealth

I have a p6 rogue and have noticed that the bonus added to final blow in the 1.4 patch does not seem to be working with impale as stated. I could be wrong and would like to know if others are experincing improvements to final blow with impale. I also was looking at stealth for the melee rogue. I think the silent footsteps and improved stealth should be combined.If you improve your stealth wouldnt that include being silent and moving faster? For the assasin, stealth is a primary ability and perminent stealth should be a given. Also I would consider the same for the Nightblade since it is a melee rogue as well. Thoughts?

PVP? Or PVE, I'm guessing you mean in PVP.

Yes, for PVP

Plane Walker

ASSASSIN
    * Physical Trauma: Impale causes the target to take 15-30% more damage from your Final Blow, up from 4-8%.

Honestly I cant say I had a WTFBBQ Finalblow in pvp. Going to try a new build out tonight and see if i can i get really high hits. Im thinking xNB/Xsin/x if or some such.
    Last edited by Wytchblades; 08-15-2011 at 11:12 AM.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Prophet of Telara

Honestly, it is still a pretty gimp ability, even after the buff. It is a powerful ability alone and will completely dominate fresh 50's in green gear (like 2.8k). That being said, once you are fighting Rank 6+ targets with good armor, good builds, and lots of armor, you are looking at something more like 800 - 1400 damage crits.

Considering it takes 8 seconds minimum to get that "burst", I have to say it is quite underwhelming. The real issue at this point in the game is being locked to Physical damage on our "quick killer" class...the combination of higher and higher armor and more and more valor are just killing physical damage.

Ascendant

my typical opener rotation now (since impale is just weak against any incoming heals)

jagged - > impale -> puncture -> backstab -> savage -> serpent strike -> final blow

6 GCD's to finally hit for some decent damage, the first 5 GCD's are basically no damage then I do a 1000 crit and 1500 crit to a well geared player, bringing them down to about 70%, then they get healed back up in one GCD

then I cleanse soul -> slip away, take in a swallow of alcohol, remind myself not to target players with any kind of health pools and try to find that caster with only 4k HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    the combination of higher and higher armor and more and more valor are just killing physical damage.
    And lets be clear here, what that actually means is that it's killing rogues right now because warriors don't have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    my typical opener rotation now (since impale is just weak against any incoming heals)

jagged - > impale -> puncture -> backstab -> savage -> serpent strike -> final blow

6 GCD's to finally hit for some decent damage, the first 5 GCD's are basically no damage then I do a 1000 crit and 1500 crit to a well geared player, bringing them down to about 70%, then they get healed back up in one GCD

then I cleanse soul -> slip away, take in a swallow of alcohol, remind myself not to target players with any kind of health pools and try to find that caster with only 4k HP.
    And this is pretty much what it means to be a melee rogue right now. Nightblade is just the same ****, different day.

Soulwalker

Yeah it is sad, in regard to nightblade primal strike should be death damage, and we shouldn't have to spec into it. and D2D should be less situational, sometimes to push my damage i use it, and just so happens that when i get someone on my ***, and i have no way to root them and run haha. Besides twilight which slows..

+ Reply to Thread