+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alternative pvp open spec

Champion

Default Alternative pvp open spec

Hi,

I was searching for a new "open pvp" spec, because I got bored with my current one (still efficient one though...)

And I was also looking for something different from the classics 51sin/15infi or 32NB/34sin.

So I thought this one could make it

1 or 2 points may move in the future, but how do you think this could do?
    I think it has less dps, more tools and more defense than the usual ones.
    I needed something with perma stealth, and silent step
    I needed either big defense abilities (like NB 44+) or Slip away
    Also some range attack or something to catch up some kiters...
    So I needed much as u can see, and this is the best spec i thought about

Anybody tryed something similar ?Because this is 100% of my own, so I really don't know how it will go ingame with it

Any advices /opinions are welcome

Gaaz.

Shadowlander

The problem with a sin open pvp build is without ranged attack every ranged soul can kite until you die.

Sprint isnt enough.

With main sin you are forced to put ranger,you can try alternative build with NB him have good ranged cp builder/finisher ability.

My 2 cents

Champion

Yes, this would be one main issue I think, but every (rogue at least) specc finds its predator I guess...

But, I have been playing range pvp specc so far(with R6 gear), it's not that easy to kite when you defend (whereas, if you hunt, you can think about the playground) and a speed + 70% snare or 4s stun makes it even harder.

The issue with NB is I don't feel like runnig without the 44s' CD or slip away...and no silent foot

Shadowlander

if you play ranged rogue only wars are hard to kite,but rogues are easy.

I try every dps pvp melee build,no way ,
    you can not be efficient without ranged attack

with the current DR system,snare and stun are not enough.

NB is the usual story,cd up=god no cd=poor build(to low dps without ebon fury or scourge of darkness)

Shadowlander

i hope only trion revamp BD soul,we need a swordman build without exaustion problem

Champion

Yes you can "easily" kite a rogue but that 's almost the only ting u can easily kill, and still, 51 sin dots can take u down while kitting and NB as well.

I think i m gonna give it a try and see by myself ^^

Btw, what is the range of soul remnant ?
    Last edited by Gaaz; 08-13-2011 at 07:14 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post

Btw, what is the range of soul remnant ?
    I found out by myself : at least 20m which is quite good to know

Champion

I slightly modified it, to get bonus on puncture and jagged strike. I take enduring Brew as a self CC remover : the template.
    I tihnk the sprint+snare should be enough to catch up a MM i engaged, but probably not enough to catch up one that is adding on me from distance, but I don't rly care, I m quite sure I could escape him with that build.

One of the main idea, besides a mix between survibality and dps, is the use of deadly danse. Here is my point of view in 1vs1 :

-U start a fight the classic way from stealth, with paralysing or assassinate + puncture, and give ur 1rst finsher (impale for instance) : Now , according to ur enemy's life, you should be able to know if you finish him fast or if you are in trouble.

-If u are in trouble, get 5 combo points again and fast, deadly strike, keen strike (to enable precision strike), slip away. Now, Blade tempo, and back on ur enemy : assassinate, precision strike, another finisher, then puncture (got to test if that puncture will still get the benefits from deadly dance buff, but that's the idea)

Don't u think this can take most tough melee class down ?

This is a CD burst but to me, rogues can pick up their fights, and thus rely on CD more than others
    Last edited by Gaaz; 08-14-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Gonna get kited¬
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 08-14-2011 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Gonna get kited¬
    Ok, let's sum up then : who and how, in theory (then I will go check by myself ingame and get an idea), would kite me? in which situations(when i get added, when I engage)?

Besides a MM in some situations, I don't see any others if I manage to use Enduring brew properly.

And then if I try to escape, do you think the MM would still get me down ? I m not sure at all

+ Reply to Thread