+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: PVE Final Blow Build

Default PVE Final Blow Build

Okay,

Before people start going off on one about this build please remember that this is a FUN BUILD, not designed for min/max, or to be the new fotm.

It is a project to play around with the final blow buff that 1.4 saw with the 30% damage bonus while a target is under the effect of impale. I got thinking that it would be interesting to see what the community could come up with and to make a change from the standard raid PvE builds.

Here is the build:

<a href="http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MNMi.VMcb.GARfxof0dbR.V0xzh">Ranger (12) / Assassin (40) / Nightblade (14)</a>

(note, that right now there are 2 points , rather than 1, in advanced flanking and 2 points in silent footsteps. These are arguably wasted points, but the stealth speed was chosen as the sin bleed build without this always seems annoying that you can lose dps getting to mobs at crawl speed. These three points could be moved to nightblade to open up ebon fury/eventide/unstable state for a mini dps buff and gain a period of quick final blows if a bard energy coda was popped)

As you can presume by the note above, this build is far from finished and I don't have a finalised rotation yet. Hence, I thought I would throw it out there if anyone was bored or wanted to contribute to see if there is viability for a FUN farm build to make a change from what is out there right now.

The theory of the build requires that impale remains up on the target along with bestial fury a la hoku spec. Seeing as puncture is benefiting from an extra 8 secs this may be worth running it's course also The basic macro I had included backstab and savage strike in the standard builder with and dusk strike used on cd. Not sure whether quick shot (seeing as it is imp with the bleed bonus) may be useful to use also??

Weapon buffs for 5% damage and 5% crit ofc and the idea being to be hitting final blow as frequently as possible. If points were moved into nightblade. after a impale a nice burst of these could be achieved by popping ebon fury and dusk strike spamming for a quick burst of ebons??

Ofc, the build is going to be terribad for aoe and is designed for certain situations as a change. The target must be attacked from behind for the double cross bonus also.

Now I am aware that this does not use DD and that I am probably gimping the build because of this. I wanted to use something without DD mechanics and try to bring in the buffed Final Blow. If on parses this is a waste fair enough, but no need to tart flaming - the idea was for FUN after all.

Anyhow, if anyone wants to add/advise feel free!
    Lvl 50 Rogue Bloodiron EU - Masters Anthropology Researcher into MMORPG's /w me in game or PM through forum for more details or to take part

In before the "Why not just go Sabdancer?"

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Telaran

Why not just go Sabdancer?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealVash View Post
    Why not just go Sabdancer?
    I always tank as a rogue so I thought to get a dps build. Looked at sabodancer...do you actually have to have a ton of buttons and learn that wierd rotation ?!? screw that. Rather go with Sozu's ranger build OR an assassin build or anything without sab in it.
    Last edited by Chomag; 08-13-2011 at 05:56 AM.

Rift Disciple

Tried it, 4.1k final blows are funny, dps was about 900+ with 34dps weapons.

@derphil yeah fair enough I have a relic dagger and 34 Offhand.

@sozu because its for fun and to try and do something with the bone trion threw to at least buff a non DS build. I use sabdancer/hoku for serious raiding, why would I not? But, this idea is for FUN!! and to see if there is a viable (though not optimal) non DD spec. As I say, if people want to have some fun with it feel free, i'm not trying to publicise the next big thing, just do something about the 1,000,000 people who say dont want to sabdancer etc etc. For people running farm content aside from their progressions riads why not have a bit of fun using something a little different? I just asked for help/advice on rotations :-) Come on Sozu or Hoku etc give me some suggestions!
    Lvl 50 Rogue Bloodiron EU - Masters Anthropology Researcher into MMORPG's /w me in game or PM through forum for more details or to take part

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    I always tank as a rogue so I thought to get a dps build. Looked at sabodancer...do you actually have to have a ton of buttons and learn that wierd rotation ?!? screw that. Rather go with Sozu's ranger build OR an assassin build or anything without sab in it.
    A ton of buttons?

Spike Charge
    Shrapnel Charge
    Puncture
    Detonate
    Deadly Strike

That's about it as far as the necessary abilities go. Then you've got Weapon Barrage if you want, and you can make a macro for CD burst and one for incriminate. But, if a handful of buttons is too much for you to grasp, that's a damn shame.

Telaran

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M___

this will give you harder hitting final blow. not sure why you went so deep into assassin...

EDIT: dont know why its linking to blank souls, but its 25 BD (for heat retention) 12 ranger for headshot buff, rest in assassin to get all the buffs for final blow
    Last edited by glutamine; 08-13-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Telaran
    Last edited by glutamine; 08-13-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by glutamine View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M___

this will give you harder hitting final blow. not sure why you went so deep into assassin...

EDIT: dont know why its linking to blank souls, but its 25 BD (for heat retention) 12 ranger for headshot buff, rest in assassin to get all the buffs for final blow
    You need 32 points into SIN to get impale, which is both the largest damage buff to Final Blow you can get and one of SIN's most damaging abilities on its own.
    Trephination [Rogue] | Somali [Mage] | Defiant @ Deepstrike | <Waiting on Diablo>

Soulwalker

Hello folks :P

I often try new stuff most people only used for leveling or call it crap whatever^^
    A change in playstyle is very welcome every now and then^^

So i screwed around a bit with the stalker nb assa lvl build and came up with that..

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cxof0zbR.V0xzh

And you know what? dps wise it beat all other dps builds i tested so far (with t2 gear) ....even before 1.4
    and no i didnt test sabdancer since i began disliking sab more and more with so many changes

the funny thing is.. even in ae fights i beat my old NB buil(36) since i can use those AE aggro spells from the riftstalker due to the Stalker Phase aggro debuff

Would like to see someone with *good* gear actually test around with it^^

ofc i realize in some fights it cant be used since you mostly jump to the back of the mob which can be deadly .. but hey no risk no fun)

(some points in assa . i am unsure where to get the best out of it.. but nothing major)
    Last edited by Kyala; 08-14-2011 at 04:40 AM.

Banned

Sabdancer is still tops, with the possible exception of a build known as the Hoku spec which might require more intensity than you are comfortable with. The bone they threw rogues was for pvp, not pve. Specifically, it was so they can kill clerics. The build is awful for pve considering you always have to be behind your target for it to be effective and there are only a few pve raid encounters where that is possible.

Maybe you get 4k final blows, but everything else hits for crud unless you spec deadly dance.

If it's fun for you, go for it. You won't be competitive on the charts though.

I would like to personally say, " Sabdancers: Please die in a fire."

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Geistcreeper View Post
    Sabdancer is still tops, with the possible exception of a build known as the Hoku spec which might require more intensity than you are comfortable with. The bone they threw rogues was for pvp, not pve. Specifically, it was so they can kill clerics. The build is awful for pve considering you always have to be behind your target for it to be effective and there are only a few pve raid encounters where that is possible.

Maybe you get 4k final blows, but everything else hits for crud unless you spec deadly dance.

If it's fun for you, go for it. You won't be competitive on the charts though.
    Be careful, you're gonna get flamed for mentioning charts! People here think raid bosses eventually just kill themselves and it doesn't matter if you play a high DPS spec or not!

I do agree, play the spec that is fun. Just be prepared to be worthless on any raids you go to.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Artemiz58 View Post
    Be careful, you're gonna get flamed for mentioning charts! People here think raid bosses eventually just kill themselves and it doesn't matter if you play a high DPS spec or not!

I do agree, play the spec that is fun. Just be prepared to be worthless on any raids you go to.
    Meh, people here.. people there.. they're all the same people. You know, the more I look at the word people, the more i realize.. that's one silly looking word.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast