+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Different Riftstalker builds

Default Different Riftstalker builds

I've been trying to come up with a Rogue tanking build to have more aoes to keep better agro on trash then I do on my 51 Rs 8 Bd 7 Ranger http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ItIuqdRkkR.x0d
    So I went more into the Blade dancer tree for compound strike and other useful talents not sure about testing it out yet. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...RkoM.xMdVh0M0M Tell me what you think and suggestions.
    Last edited by payniz; 08-12-2011 at 11:04 PM.
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/punk117/Untitled-1-135.png

Copypaste fail.

You won't find a better spec than 51RS/8BD/7RNG. Period.
    http://Sunrest-Exiled.com
    Conqueror: Greenscale's Blight | Conqueror: River of Souls | Gilded Prophecy: 4/4 | Hammerknell Fortress: 4/11 | Drowned Halls: 4/4 | Prestige: 6/8

Quote Originally Posted by Tnanever View Post
    Copypaste fail.

You won't find a better spec than 51RS/8BD/7RNG. Period.
    Thanks for the cnc.
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/punk117/Untitled-1-135.png

You lose ~3.5 mit and ~7% end with that build, not to mention 3 sec godmode. not cool
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

I've tested quite a few builds I did a 44 RS for a while but at 50 a 51RS is pretty much a forced because of the mitigation. Great how rogues have little options pve

That build is very similar to the tanking build I use for rifting. Yes it definitely helps versus multiple mobs like trash or adds but sadly as others have said before is not quite up to serious boss tanking right now unless your gear can make up the difference.

It would be nice to be able to actually use BD's synergies since there are some great ones but sadly with how the RS tree is currently laid out there is no way we can lose the 51 or the 44 point ability without losing functionality/survivability and we're squishy enough already.

(Contra tempo can also be a good one for threat generation and getting finishers up faster but requires you to lose planar attraction which is not something you want to lose for raid trash)

All that said, yes you can definitely do it and it does help on groups

Here's to hoping when they fix RS tanking to make it on par with other tanking classes they make our BD soul a more viable option (perhaps more of a physical mitigation spec compared to a 51 pt RS with better magic mitigation)
    * Iím trapped under a huge pile of patch notes! Send help!
    * Werewolves can now be Butchered.
    * The ĎIím Stuckí button will stop getting stuck after 24 hours has passed. The irony of this is not lost on us, either.
    * Death Rift: Eternal Souls: You know that dragon that had wings but liked to walk a lot? He flies now!
    * Major zone events should fire off more often and the mythical purple zone event currencies should rain from the sky! Okay, maybe not rain - but they'll be more common than they have been recently.

Shadowlander

Im currently trying 49 riftstalker / 8 bladedancer / 9 bard

Street smart and anthem of glory arnt bad from the bard tree and 8 points in bladedancer gets you false blades. also 10% hp from bard > 5% from ranger. -3% chance to be hit + -3% chance to be crit > 6% less damage taken in my opinion.
    Ok not being able to go 51 riftstalker is annoying but there simply isnt enough points to go around.

On a lighter note it would be nice to get a 40 point skill that wasnt basically "commit suicide".

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Korhil View Post
    Im currently trying 49 riftstalker / 8 bladedancer / 9 bard

Street smart and anthem of glory arnt bad from the bard tree and 8 points in bladedancer gets you false blades. also 10% hp from bard > 5% from ranger. -3% chance to be hit + -3% chance to be crit > 6% less damage taken in my opinion.
    10%>5% yes, but the rest...? No.

Lets take an example. A mob hits you 100 times for 100 damage.

-3% chance to be hit means you will avoid 3 hits. 97*100=9,700 damage taken.
    -6% damage taken means you will reduce all those hits by 6. 6*100=600. 10,000-600=9,400 damage taken.

6% less damage taken is exactly twice as good as 3% less chance to be hit. The 3% chance to not be crit on is useless bceause your toughness will reduce crits down to a normal hit anyway.

There are only 2 builds I use now.
    Riftstalker(51)/Bladedancer(8)/Ranger(7) - For almost everything
    Riftstalker(51)/Ranger(8)/Bard(7) - For magic only fights.

Riftstalker(46)/Bladedancer(12)/ranger(8) - A build with an interupt, I don't use this anymore.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    Highlighted the important bit. You say you only use 7 points in ranger which means your only getting -4% damage taken not 6. So the difference between my build that give 10% hp, fervor of endurance, anthem of glory and 3% reduced chance to hit is being compared to what? 5% hp and 4% reduced damage? ok im missing a couple of points in riftstalker but 2 points isnt a huge deal. 1% mitigation and a few points of endurance. If you find yourself needing the 3 second bubble your healers arnt doing a very good job.
    Last edited by Korhil; 08-13-2011 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korhil View Post
    -3% chance to be hit + -3% chance to be crit > 6% less
    bosses never miss and toughness covers crits. street smarts is pretty useless outside leveling =s
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Shadowlander

bosses dont miss? this is news to me.

Ascendant

Bosses don't *MISS*. Note however that you can still dodge/parry their attacks.

It's like if you were to go into a T2 instance with no +HIT. You would miss alot. The boss doesn't even have to parry/dodge, because you just whiffed the air with your weapon.
    Last edited by Paikis; 08-13-2011 at 08:13 AM.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

I am sure I've seen bosses miss on my Bard/Rng spec (namely Greenscale, that I remember)... Anyway. Any serious raiding tank has two specs. 51 RS / 8 BD / 7 Ranger is the best overall and can be used for most fights; it has better aggro, an extra defensive cooldown, and 10% more dodge. 51 RS / 7 Bard / 8 Ranger is the spec you'll want for extreme damage fights (not just magical); it was the highest health pool of any tank class in the game and is the absolute maximum mitigation a Rogue can achieve, at the cost of some avoidance and aggro. These two are widely regarded as the specs of choice, and for good reason.

Some will run a 51 RS / 12 BD / 3 Ranger just for Weapon Barrage but it's not that advisable outside of t2s. I've also toyed with a 51 RS / 13 NB / 2 Bard but again, outside t2s and a select few raid fights (all Death damage, e.g., Alsbeth) it's not worth the role slot.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    There are only 2 builds I use now.
    Riftstalker(51)/Ranger(8)/Bard(7) - For magic only fights.
    Could you post your tree screenshot? at lvl 10 i i have RS primary, AS and BD as secondary and tert. thikning of switching assassin to bard, but what i'd really like to see is how you specced out your RS. thanks
    Last edited by vsolaron; 08-14-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Riftstalker(51)/Ranger(8)/Bard(7)

I tend to prefer just going with that for the extra HP/mitigation. Rogues really need the extra bit considering that out parry is god awful, our dodge is nothing special and we can't block at all.

My only issue with the Riftstalker(51)/Bladedancer(8)/Ranger(7) spec is what while you do pick up 10% dodge, you also lose 2% damage mitigation, 10% of your HP, Fanfare of Endurance (extra 400HP, stacks with Planebound Resilience) and -2% chance to be hit/crit which basically like losing out on some Toughness/Dodge.

It just seems like a lot to pay for the extra threat and some more dodge really.
    Lilisette High Elven Rogue - Argent EU | Laretha: High Elven Cleric - Argent EU
    Rahal: High Elven Warrior - Argent EU | Lilaeath: High Elven Mage - Argent EU
    If any fellow Roleplayers want to meet up to RP, let me know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast