+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I give up - what spec am I suppose to pvp as trion?

Ascendant

Default I give up - what spec am I suppose to pvp as trion?

Why don't you tell me what spec I should be because every spec I've tried can't hang in pvp right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Plane Walker

Um... Sab, Assassin, MM? There's 5 more as well. Want survival? Riftstalker.
    Last edited by Alarox; 08-12-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Ascendant

honestly, how much success are you having as any of those specs? are you just support or are you blowing up rank 4 and under players?

Soulwalker

I generally go MM and spam Eradicate until we need some single-target, then I use Improved Hit and Run, spam Empowered Shot / Deadeye Shot for the kill.

Ascendant

yea so far its just support or get the **** out. i can't find any viable damage.

just wondering if that's the whole design or if trion thinks we are good to go for assault style combat with any builds, and if so which lol.
    Last edited by generatedname; 08-12-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Plane Walker

Any viable damage compared to what? Clerics, mages, warriors? Which are you comparing to?

Define Viable for me.
    Last edited by Alarox; 08-12-2011 at 10:19 PM.

Ascendant

i guess to compare, rogues have way too little survivability to not be a cannon class. we can't pick out a single target to take out for the group, but we die fast enough to warrant that capability

Ascendant

i'm just wondering what trion has in mind for what rogues are supposed to be doing in warfronts

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    Why don't you tell me what spec I should be because every spec I've tried can't hang in pvp right now.
    I dont think you can PvP as Trion, Trion is a game company.

Plane Walker

i guess to compare, rogues have way too little survivability to not be a cannon class. we can't pick out a single target to take out for the group, but we die fast enough to warrant that capability
    Have you tried assassin, MM, or sab/sabdancer? I see rogues use those specs all the time and do well.

Unless I'm just imagining them (lot's of warfronts and instances to be halucinating) rogues are not super gimped, for dps or survival.

Your survival? You have the classes that can evade/move better than any other class. Warriors have their armor, sheilds, and tanks, clerics have their heals and tanks, mages have their healing and kiting, and rogues have movement, kiting, and tanking.

You have slip away on assassin, the best defensive move in the game. Combine with your abilty that removes DoTs, and you can get out of any fight. MM Can outrun anything while dealing out huge damage. Saboteur is just a beast when it comes to WF damage. Riftstalker can both move out of danger constantly while tanking the enenmy.

Use the tools Trion gives you.
    Last edited by Alarox; 08-12-2011 at 10:31 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Alarox View Post
    Have you tried assassin, MM, or sab/sabdancer? I see rogues use those specs all the time and do well.

Unless I'm just imagining them (lot's of warfronts and instances to be halucinating) rogues are not super gimped, for dps or survival.

Your survival? You have the classes that can evade/move better than any other class. Warriors have their armor, sheilds, and tanks, clerics have their heals and tanks, mages have their healing and kiting, and rogues have movement, kiting, and tanking.

You have slip away on assassin, the best defensive move in the game. Combine with your abilty that removes DoTs, and you can get out of any fight. MM Can outrun anything while dealing out huge damage. Saboteur is just a beast when it comes to WF damage. Riftstalker can both move out of danger constantly while tanking the enenmy.

Use the tools Trion gives you.
    i don't think you play rogue, at least not at the r6+ vs r6+ level
    Last edited by generatedname; 08-12-2011 at 10:31 PM.

MM is fine (p5)

NB is fine (Yup, I got good heals), still p5

Bard is fine

Sabo is fine, and mixes are too.

And PLEASE, don't play sin in a warfront, unless you really are the one designated to hold vault and are REALLY good at 1v1.
    Last edited by Sir Sowl; 08-12-2011 at 10:37 PM.

Plane Walker

i don't think you play rogue, at least not at the r6+ vs r6+ level
    Thankyou for replying to my post with a response that is relevant and isn't just a filler comment normally made by people who don't know what to say back.

Oh wait..

Ascendant

Thankyou for replying to my post with a response that is relevant and isn't just a filler comment normally made by people who don't know what to say back.

Oh wait..
    I could just tell that you haven't played a rogue at r6 vs r6 based on your post. don't gotta take it offensively...

Oh wait..
    Well, sabdancer in PvP? What? Sin in Warfronts? What? Slip away best DEFENSIVE skill ? What?

MM and Sabo are viable, but what you said is bad. P6 rogues don't roll sin in warfronts, and if they do, they use slipaway offensively, not defensively.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast