+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Pvp Builds!

Rift Disciple

Default Rogue Pvp Builds!

Hey there!

Is it possible to get some kinda sticky thread to gather all rogue pvp builds / links etc?
    Atm everything is very spread out, its realy hard to find what Im searching for.

I am playing the Gunblade specc atm (NB/MM), but it feels like somehting is wrong in the specc.

I was thinking to try our Nightblade/Bladedancer, Ive seen a few rogues with 44points NB and some points in BD, but I am not sure how they have specced specifikly. Also been thinking about Riftstalker/Bladedancer (brawler). But Im not sure about the diffrence.

I appriciate if someone could help me with a few suggestions of diffrent speccs etc. Im aiming for melee/burst+survival, I never liked ranged. Thou nightman specc was good as starter ;)

An link to the specc and a few tips / macros would be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Socka View Post
    Hey there!

Is it possible to get some kinda sticky thread to gather all rogue pvp builds / links etc?
    Atm everything is very spread out, its realy hard to find what Im searching for.

I am playing the Gunblade specc atm (NB/MM), but it feels like somehting is wrong in the specc.

I was thinking to try our Nightblade/Bladedancer, Ive seen a few rogues with 44points NB and some points in BD, but I am not sure how they have specced specifikly. Also been thinking about Riftstalker/Bladedancer (brawler). But Im not sure about the diffrence.

I appriciate if someone could help me with a few suggestions of diffrent speccs etc. Im aiming for melee/burst+survival, I never liked ranged. Thou nightman specc was good as starter ;)

An link to the specc and a few tips / macros would be nice!
    It's because the Gunblade IS wrong. :P

My best advice : Use guides to guide you, not dictate where you place your skills. You'll do faaarrr better by knowing what are the highlights of your build than if someone else made it for you.

Spend the time, it's worth it.
    Last edited by Sir Sowl; 08-12-2011 at 10:46 PM.

It really depends on what you want.
    If you want group pvp you should stay away from melee builds.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sowl View Post
    It's because the Gunblade IS wrong. :P

My best advice : Use guides to guide you, not dictate where you place your skills. You'll do faaarrr better by knowing what are the highlights of your build than if someone else made it for you.

Spend the time, it's worth it.
    I am following guides (when I find them), but I cannot find any better suggestions on Nightblade speccs.
    Nightblade is actualy good fpr group pvp aswell, burst and healing debuff. In my current specc I have Nightblade / MM with Fan out + Fellblades, using healing reduce on everything when others are using AOE etc. Otherwise I go mostly for healers from stealth > 4 second silence > Ebonfury + 250ap trinket > SoD > Rapid Fire shot > Hopefully dead healer, But as soon asn an warrior arrives, Im kinda dead instantly becouse of their OP attacks. I actualy took printscreen of combatlog when a warrior did around 5k damage on me within 1 second after his charge or blink or what ever it was :P
    Why should I use 800 valor when I die in 1 second anyway? TRION?! Wakeupcall?! :P

Anyhow, main reason I made this thread is that I would like some other suggestions on NB pvp builds wich are realy good.
    I cannot find guides wich are up to date and Ive tryed some allready wich isnt working for me at all.

If you know any link to guides on diffrent nightblade pvp builds please show me.

I am following guides (when I find them), but I cannot find any better suggestions on Nightblade speccs.
    Nightblade is actualy good fpr group pvp aswell, burst and healing debuff. In my current specc I have Nightblade / MM with Fan out + Fellblades, using healing reduce on everything when others are using AOE etc. Otherwise I go mostly for healers from stealth > 4 second silence > Ebonfury + 250ap trinket > SoD > Rapid Fire shot > Hopefully dead healer, But as soon asn an warrior arrives, Im kinda dead instantly becouse of their OP attacks. I actualy took printscreen of combatlog when a warrior did around 5k damage on me within 1 second after his charge or blink or what ever it was :P
    Why should I use 800 valor when I die in 1 second anyway? TRION?! Wakeupcall?! :P

Anyhow, main reason I made this thread is that I would like some other suggestions on NB pvp builds wich are realy good.
    I cannot find guides wich are up to date and Ive tryed some allready wich isnt working for me at all.

If you know any link to guides on diffrent nightblade pvp builds please show me.
    I run the Nightman and I've been loving it. Check that out, the guide is also good, and if not at least pretty entertaining and well thought out.

But I like your idea for healers, sometimes I try to smother them which assures they don't get off a casted HoT or anything at all for at least 4 seconds. See how that works out too.

As for warriors you just gotta use Hit and Run and try to kite them as best you can. Sometimes I use Dark Containment to give me sometime to run (also used as an interrupt on healers/casters!). They are pretty tough but manageable.
    <Retired>

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    I run the Nightman and I've been loving it. Check that out, the guide is also good, and if not at least pretty entertaining and well thought out.

But I like your idea for healers, sometimes I try to smother them which assures they don't get off a casted HoT or anything at all for at least 4 seconds. See how that works out too.

As for warriors you just gotta use Hit and Run and try to kite them as best you can. Sometimes I use Dark Containment to give me sometime to run (also used as an interrupt on healers/casters!). They are pretty tough but manageable.

I used Nightman from rank 1-4, Was pretty good, but in time I found it abit booring. Ive always been a melee player in every mmo games for 9 years, and I love melee :P Realy want to find out wich more melee speccs are nice dps and surival (not assasin, I hate it, pathetic specc)

Yeah, but if you read the patchnotes, procs (such as Fellblades) has a reduced effectiveness when using AoEs. Stuff you were able to do through aoe, you can't anymore (unless you really spam spam spam aoe for like 10 GCD).

Just a few builds that work very well in PvP :

51MM/15inf/0sab
    38MM/15inf/13NB
    44NB/22RS/0BD
    44NB/22BD/0MM
    44NB/22sin/0inf
    44Sab/22sin/0BD
    38Sab/15inf/13sin
    34Bard/32RS/0inf

And the list goes on and on and on. But these are the one I personally suggest. Before, I used to spread AoE fellblades, but the new proc rate simply killed it ()

I have a guide on NB/RS sitting in my mail (since I did it at work, yup I'm a terrible employee) But since I don't play it a lot anymore (playing bard and MM a lot lately, and proc rate), I didn't bother.

What I personally dislike about the Gunblade and Nightman, is that it's a Melee-Ranged Hybrid with very little defense but kiting and defensive cooldowns. However, when those are down : So are you.

I personnally see the NB tree as a "PressureDPS" tree. And by that, I mean that it's a tree with a substancially smaller burst, but that can harm a player and team by being sturdy and hard to kill. It's motto : If you're not dead, you are still doing damage.

Whereas I see the MM tree as a GlassCanon Tree: Stay behind the lines and Pew pew. When you mix both, you get a pressure DPS with no defense but 9 second immunity or twilight shelter as it's only defense mechanism (I'm a bit exaggerating but you see my point)

It's not that it's terabad like ranger. It's decent. But not a gamechanger. I've played a variation of the Nightman about a month ago, for a week or so, was fine but it was counterproductive to me.

And seriously, my best advice : Spend time making YOUR build. The beauty of the rogue is that there are tons and tons of viable builds out there. You'll do FAAARRR better by knowing where everything is, what skill does what than by using a guide.

Not saying all I say is true, maybe you totally don't agree with it, it's just how I see it.
    Last edited by Sir Sowl; 08-13-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sowl View Post
    Yeah, but if you read the patchnotes, procs (such as Fellblades) has a reduced effectiveness when using AoEs. Stuff you were able to do through aoe, you can't anymore (unless you really spam spam spam aoe for like 10 GCD).

Just a few builds that work very well in PvP :

51MM/15inf/0sab
    38MM/15inf/13NB
    44NB/22RS/0BD
    44NB/22BD/0MM
    44NB/22sin/0inf
    44Sab/22sin/0BD
    38Sab/15inf/13sin
    34Bard/32RS/0inf

And the list goes on and on and on. But these are the one I personally suggest. Before, I used to spread AoE fellblades, but the new proc rate simply killed it ()

I have a guide on NB/RS sitting in my mail (since I did it at work, yup I'm a terrible employee) But since I don't play it a lot anymore (playing bard and MM a lot lately, and proc rate), I didn't bother.

What I personally dislike about the Gunblade and Nightman, is that it's a Melee-Ranged Hybrid with very little defense but kiting and defensive cooldowns. However, when those are down : So are you.

I personnally see the NB tree as a "PressureDPS" tree. And by that, I mean that it's a tree with a substancially smaller burst, but that can harm a player and team by being sturdy and hard to kill. It's motto : If you're not dead, you are still doing damage.

Whereas I see the MM tree as a GlassCanon Tree: Stay behind the lines and Pew pew. When you mix both, you get a pressure DPS with no defense but 9 second immunity or twilight shelter as it's only defense mechanism (I'm a bit exaggerating but you see my point)

It's not that it's terabad like ranger. It's decent. But not a gamechanger. I've played a variation of the Nightman about a month ago, for a week or so, was fine but it was counterproductive to me.

And seriously, my best advice : Spend time making YOUR build. The beauty of the rogue is that there are tons and tons of viable builds out there. You'll do FAAARRR better by knowing where everything is, what skill does what than by using a guide.

Not saying all I say is true, maybe you totally don't agree with it, it's just how I see it.
    I do agree, but I also would like others opinion
    I realy would like to try some diffrent speccs for pvp, thou im not realy sure where to put all points for the best setup of the souls I pick for pvp specifikly.

Banned

Melee builds lack the damage needed to really take anyone down whos getting healed. Either go Marksman or you wont do enough damage or you'll die too quickly with no defensive skills.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Melee builds lack the damage needed to really take anyone down whos getting healed. Either go Marksman or you wont do enough damage or you'll die too quickly with no defensive skills.
    Nightblade/BD actualy can survive for a very long time when timing cooldowns. Many players also switch as soon as they notice a rogue is using shields.

+ Reply to Thread