+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hunting Healers and Warriors - that's what I do

1. Marksman (51) / Infiltrator (10) / Riftstalker (5)
    2. Marksman (44) / Infiltrator (5) / Assassin (17)
    3. Marksman (38) / Infiltrator (11) / Assassin (17)
    1. High damage build with utility. Unbuffed I have around 1040 Attack Power so I hit very hard. 2,2k DS crits on rank6+ Mages/Rogues/clerics.
    2. This build has a little higher crits but lower non-crit attacks and lower survivability. Still brings utility.
    3. This build is what I was running solo before I got good enough gear to try build number 1.
    Last edited by joker225; 08-13-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Ranger pvp? No Infiltrator soul? This is a joke thread right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sozu View Post
    Pretty much any Ranger build will have more sustained damage than Marksman. PvP or PvE doesnt matter...It's more sustained damage. Marksman destroys it in burst though so I half agree with you. But to say MM does more damage is just false. Marksman just kills faster hence the much higher burst...This isnt rocket science lol.
    I don't get how Ranger can have higher sustained damage in PvP.
    Over how long period of time?

Quote Originally Posted by Sozu View Post
    Expose Weakness snares? That's a first!!!!

If you are going to post a build be prepared to either be praised or criticized. I dont know what else you expect everyone to say..."WOW THAT BUILD IS AMAZING!!!!"
    Yea, really .. it always has worked that way for me, but usually only on the 1st application of it. Maybe it's a bug somehow affecting my other 8s snare from Assassin, I don't know, but it always has and still does have that affect for me. In addition to what its tooltip says.

Truth of the matter is...If you are going on killing sprees with this spec then I question your opponent skill levels and ranks. They would need to be fresh level 50 cadets that never set foot in a warfront before. The kinda people I let pew pew until I need a Blood Thirsty

I don't go on killing sprees with that build - never said I did! But, it does contribute to kills (I seem to be doing around 4 kb's per match at the moment). I've viewed the build as support (i.e. added damage doing assists). If I have a good healer helping me then I've been known to do a lot of kb's, though that is rare so maybe they were indeed all R1's lol.

All besides the point. I never said it was anything but a support type of range build, that it was uber or anything like that. It has proven effective in hunting Healers and Warriors, but certainly not 1v1 (I mean be real, what Rogue in any build will take on and win a warrior or healer 1v1 when they are of the same ranks?) I don't disagree that another build could be better for the team, and so I'll look into it (and if not done by time I post this, then hopefully someone will provide a zam link for me to quickly try out).
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Oh, forgot to reiterate. I do not lie. Stop being an expert by just reading tooltips. Expose Weakness does indeed slow the target, it seems to be for about 5 seconds and the affect is on dr. Try it yourself. Works fine for me and has for many months. I use it a lot. And yes I do have another one, the 8s 70% slow should I run into a target and hit it with Malicious Strike.

Anyway, what's with the Holier Than Thou attitude and calling me or the role bad? BS. Who do you think you're kidding! If it didn't work I'd not still be using it!
    LAWWLLL WUTTTTT????

Seriously, I want what you're smoking.. First of all, Marksman > ranger in pvp. Anyway you swing it. You may have more sustained damage and you MIGHT annoy a healer... or a warrior. You know what annoys them even more? stripping all their buffs with eradicate, then popping improved hit and run and bursting everyone down. Secondly, expose weakness? slows target? what? the? heck? is? going? on? It doesn't. thirdly, raptors are not " a nightmare" they are barely an annoyance. Fourthly, " damage support" ?! really?!! you don't have any heal debuffs, interupts, purges...... WTF youre 31 points in ranger and didnt even get 32 for a root. Doing 800 dps in pvp (if youre lucky) on a high hp, high valor, high priority target may seem helpful but youre just wasting a space with this kinda build.

You must be new to 50 warfronts so its understandable that you used this build as it may have been successful in lower levels. However, as you clearly have noticed by now this kinda build will not do. With low valor, definitely go a marksman build or a bard. For mm 38/17sin/11nb is a great starter as long as you keep your range. For bard most will be fine as long as you grab another source engine and 2 new greaters. But yeah, as Sozu said, ANYTHING but ranger. Even riftstalker has its place as a whitefall stone runner.

Also, MANY builds can take warriors of the same rranks. Killing healing clerics is rare, but it does happen 1 v 1.

As for the post above, if you are lower geared, like i said---- bard or 44mm. Lots of people will say that eradicate is junk and they WILL call you a noob but as long as you arent spamming eradicate and ignoring whats going on itll be fine.
    Last edited by Blakjak02; 08-14-2011 at 12:20 AM.
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

Message me in the game if you want to chat...

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    1. Marksman (51) / Infiltrator (10) / Riftstalker (5)
    2. Marksman (44) / Infiltrator (5) / Assassin (17)
    3. Marksman (38) / Infiltrator (11) / Assassin (17)
    1. High damage build with utility. Unbuffed I have around 1040 Attack Power so I hit very hard. 2,2k DS crits on rank6+ Mages/Rogues/clerics.
    2. This build has a little higher crits but lower non-crit attacks and lower survivability. Still brings utility.
    3. This build is what I was running solo before I got good enough gear to try build number 1.
    The more I look at #1 the more I'm itching to try it. But really, that much AP base? What rank gear is that? I'm at full R6 right now. You getting big buffs from weapons for that AP? And where's the self healing in it, do you mean it has more survivability only by way of winning a 1v1?

Looks good for running caps lol. I also very much like going that high in MM that ranged abilities can be used in melee range. Thanks for the links!
    Specter

The more I look at #1 the more I'm itching to try it. But really, that much AP base? What rank gear is that? I'm at full R6 right now. You getting big buffs from weapons for that AP? And where's the self healing in it, do you mean it has more survivability only by way of winning a 1v1?

Looks good for running caps lol. I also very much like going that high in MM that ranged abilities can be used in melee range. Thanks for the links!
    It has more survivability then #2 build I posted.
    It has cleanse soul, HP buff and shapeshift from RS. Also 1% increase on speed from Swift shot (not really worth mentioning).
    And no, it's not a 1vs1 spec. It's a Group spec.
    AP is from RS is high increase since you get double scaling so to speak.
    First you get 15% from RS and then 25% from MM.
    I am Rank 8 geared with relic off-hander for hit.
    Last edited by joker225; 08-14-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    It has more survivability then #2 build I posted.
    It has cleanse soul, HP buff and shapeshift from RS. Also 1% increase on speed from Swift shot (not really worth mentioning).
    And no, it's not a 1vs1 spec. It's a Group spec.
    AP is from RS is high increase since you get double scaling so to speak.
    First you get 15% from RS and then 25% from MM.
    I am Rank 8 geared with relic off-hander for hit.
    You've been busy, I see! I've been reading the back and forth about Hit vs Crit.

Umm, k. No buffs I'm at 510AP, which seems low to me at R6 (it will up a bit later today when I can get my bow, I accidentally put too much favor into Marks so this trade-in rule got me, my current bow is better than the Pathfinder one).

So that should yield around 714AP in my case at this time, unbuffed with that build. With my essence and trinket, the maximum I could see would be 964AP for some bursts. No where near your 1040 unbuffed AP spec.

Seems you're the expert. Don't steer me wrong! Gonna go with your suggestion and L2P that build. Something good came of this thread. Thanks!
    Last edited by Taptap; 08-14-2011 at 01:58 AM.
    Specter

You've been busy, I see! I've been reading the back and forth about Hit vs Crit.

Umm, k. No buffs I'm at 510AP, which seems low to me at R6 (it will up a bit later today when I can get my bow, I accidentally put too much favor into Marks so this trade-in rule got me, my current bow is better than the Pathfinder one).

So that should yield around 714AP in my case at this time, unbuffed with that build. With my essence and trinket, the maximum I could see would be 964AP for some bursts. No where near your 1040 unbuffed AP spec.

Seems you're the expert. Don't steer me wrong! Gonna go with your suggestion and L2P that build. Something good came of this thread. Thanks!

Yeah im at about 1k ap, nice hits on swiftshot.
    Last edited by Blakjak02; 08-14-2011 at 07:39 AM.
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

Message me in the game if you want to chat...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2